Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ROLL UP ROLL UP.. Buy %'s of 2 cash donks in the IO

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

received thanks!

I think this is everyone so far, let me know if i made a mistake

Name Amount Paid

Hectorjelly 2 y
    Lurker 2 y
    TommyGunne 2
    HiCloy 2 y
    david-k 2
    Wreck 2 y
    zuroph 1 y
    pierce hard 1 y
    robinlacey 5 y
    Other 1

Total 20

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭[nicK]

received thanks!

I think this is everyone so far, let me know if i made a mistake

Name Amount Paid

Hectorjelly 2 y
    Lurker 2 y
    TommyGunne 2
    HiCloy 2 y
    david-k 2
    Wreck 2 y
    zuroph 1 y
    pierce hard 1 y
    robinlacey 5 y
    Other 1

Total 20

i'll take your last 10 if noone else comes in..
    suppose i'll take 5 of pok3rplaya too..

cool?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

I'll chop that last 10% of him with you Nick if I can, and take the 10 of Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭pok3rplaya

thats fine with us if you two can work it out between yourselves.

Shane will be locked up then and there's still 5% of me availabe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭semibluff

ill take 5% of you david if i can -

just confirm and ill ship, ty

Edit: shipped, just send back if theres a problem

• Advertisement

thanks for the support everyone.

semibluff wrote: »
    ill take 5% of you david if i can -

just confirm and ill ship, ty

Edit: shipped, just send back if theres a problem

Grand got it thanks.

OK I'm going to shut up shop at that. People who have claimed but not paid can still get their money in obv. Thanks a lot everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭robinlacey

pok3rplayer did you get my transfer too?

yep he did, thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,771 ✭✭✭TommyGunne

TommyGunne wrote: »
    +2

Shipped

sure valor..
    so i take 5 of each then if it's ok, sent btw..

cool. received both. hopefully run goot mode continues :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 836 ✭✭✭OilBeefHooked2

Shipped on stars. Pm's sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

Ima give you both Euros at the citywest, if thats cool

Yeah fine whatever. See you friday.

you both get my monies on stars?

Yeah we got it. ty

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Not buying as I'm too tight right now, but I seen a few of your clips on Swat. Would definitely buy in if I had the mooolah. Good idea though. Good luck.

both of us are busto i'm afraid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,213 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

UL lads...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭sickpuppy

Has anyone ever got a return from a % of players in big events that have been offerd here.
    With live donkament players so bad i was sure the boys would sail into the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭Lurker1977

both of us are busto i'm afraid

ul guys, thanks anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Pity Jamie Gold doesn't offer percentages :D he's still in lucking it.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    live poker harder than online poker obv. :)

guess i better give a little tr and explain how i donked it off!

i lost a chunk of my stack in a bizarre hand early on in the second level. i was in seat one and there was a young american guy on my right, he hadn't played much, really all i'd seen him do was open a couple of pots smallish, so i thought he was probably some online mtt player or w/e. anyho, early in the second level he limps behind another guy on the button, i'm in the sb ordering food when i looked down at kk, which is a bit unfortunate since i'm gonna look really strong but, i make it 450 anyway. first limper folds, and when the action comes back to him on the button he min raises to 900. :confused:

i call. flop comes 6djc10c, i c/c 1.2k. turn is the jd, i c/c 2.5k, river is 7c, and he bets 5k. and i fold.

not much interesting stuff after that, i get back up to just under starting stack, then just lose some small pots, giving up on steals/c/f bad boards and stuff. i lose another pot where i called the flop w/ bd fd, gutter, and overcard ip, turned a pair, goes check check. and i call a small bet on the river and am shown kings. then ran into flopped two pair.

exit hand was pretty standard, two limpers, guy isos, and i 3bet/call with aqs from the blinds shortish. he has queens and holds.

sorry i couldn't take it down!

pokerplayer got crippled early on in 3bet pot with kk vs qq which spiked on the river.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭pgodkin

lol cash game players tryin to play tournments lol:D really sick, i dont think anyone will say it wasnt money well spent on u guys. Ul lads always next year!

ps i will buy % of u both in cash games for life pm me rates!!;)

• Advertisement

Definitly a huge case of lol donkaments all around I'm afraid.

The hand that crippled me went something like this: The young internet TAG at the table opens to 300 from MP and I reraise to 1100 with KK in the CO playing about 9k. Folds around to him and he calls. Pot is ~2300 and the flops is 992r. He checks and I bet 1300. He calls. Turns is a 3. He checks, I check behind. River is a Q. He thinks for a decent time and bets 3500 into almost 5000. I tank for a while and make the call.

To be honest I'm not exactly happy with my play. Obviously preflop is ok. On the flop I think I could have bet a little bigger perhaps, one thing that I would have realised online but didn't live is that since I don't expect to be able to get 3 streets from a smaller pair so to get AI in two streets I need to bet relatively big on the flop. His calling range is pretty inelastic also imo ie. he'll call 1700 just as much as 1300.

The turn is fine I thought. There's no way he thinks I have any bluffing range if I bet the turn so I'm essentially repping JJ+ and I never get called by worse. I only expect to get 2 streets max from an underpair and I definitly think flop and river are the streets I get my value rather than flop and turn.

The river call is the part that I'm not really happy with. Obviously it's really hard to have any hands he can bluff with since he would have had to float the flop OOP with air in order to be able to bluff the river. He also never value bets into me with JJ-88 on this river so those hands are out. This basically leaves QQ/AA/random 9x. Thing is I thought I could discount some combos of AA/QQ because he 4bets me preflop some % of the time since he is OOP. I also thought that if he has a monster on this river than it's a really clear c/r for him rather than a lead since I will always bet any hand when checked to that I might cal a lead with (AA/KK/AQ/KQ) and I will also try to rep the Q some % of the time and bluff him off JJ-88. I was pretty sure he would realise all this so his lead really confused me. I also thought he would fold most 9x hands preflop facing a 3bet OOP with 90bb stacks. He's calling there with at most 98s and 9Ts which makes up 4 combos on the river.

So basically what it comes down to on the river is that he has a tiny # of combos of monsters and some also tiny # of combos of god knows wtf. Obviously I made the call and he flipped QQ. I really think the river should be a fold when I think over it now but I guess since I'm an internet donk my skills for putting people on a specific hand are lacking and made me fail on this occasion.

Afer that hand I only had ~10bb left and was in push fold mode until a hand came up where I had Q3o OTB with about 11bb in the 100/200 level. A guy with a sililar stack to me open limps in earlyish position and someone else limps behind him. Folds to me. I realise that since the first limper is really short and he's to only stack at the table I can really threaten I should have decent FE if I shove and since I can pick up ~1/3 my stack if they fold I decide to make the push. First limper tanks for ages and eventually calls with A9s and makes a flush on the turn to send me packing.

Anyway thanks to all the people who provided me with money to donk off and I'm sorry I couldn't make a more impressive dent in the field. I guess it's back to the interwebs with me!

Advertisement