Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

license hours

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭lmtduffy

Welease wrote: »
    No I understand that, you have managed to educate me on that much :)

My issue is that as you say, the policy will "guide" the law change, but (for me) the policy is based on flawed data and minimal research. Would the policy remain the same, if conference has been given access to all the negative data that exists? and therefore would their be a proposed change to guide?

Its quiet possible that some one could have amended it or challenged it based on that and that some would have been swayed but Id argue in against that as I have with you, and I dont think the data you qoute is 100% applicable or against the beliefs outlined in the motion.

As I have said the crux of it is deregulation of licensing hours, based on more than just the problems that occur with what happens when people leave the pubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

I would like to see the introduction of a drinking licence.
    Basically everyone over 18 gets one.
    Every pub/offo has to check it when selling alcohol.
    If your arrested for being a drunken arséhole, it is taken off you for a few months (depending on what you did)
    Obviously you could get a mate to buy you a few cans, but if your caught drunk in a public place and you have lost your licence, it is a more serious offence (€1000 fine)
    This would confine drunken idiots to their house when they are drunk and leave the rest of us to enjoy a drink.

Feel free to point out flaws in my idea.

Tourists?
    the presumption that being arrested automatically means you committed a crime?
    Being drunk and disorderly is already a crime. Do you expect the Gardaí to breathalyse everyone they see to check if they are drunk but not causing any offence?

Advertisement