Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[In the Noclight] Monkeyfudge

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 51,751 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Favourite hat wearing movie character?

Can you play a musicial instrument?

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

• Do you plan to keep making boards-casts?
    • What part of the world would you most like to live in?
    • Sun holiday or Winter holiday?
    • NES or Master System?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    1. Would you describe yourself as an atheist, or an anti-theist?

2. In your view, can religion and evolution co-exist?

3. If you could "push a button" (not literally of course :pac:) that exposed religion as utterly man-made and false, would you press it? Bear in mind the ramifications it could have on billions of lives and what would happen if their faith was taken away from them.

* Sorry for the religious questions, I'm just curious for your take on these questions due to the previous answer you gave me.:)

(1) I'd only confront a religious person if I felt they were proselytising. I have far more respect for religions that don't feel the need to do this.

(2) Of course they can. Religion is made up anyway and should be flexible enough to fit in with proven scientific discoveries. Things should not happen the other way around under any circumstances.

(3) Any conclusion you haven't come to by yourself is probably fairly worthless. People need to decide for themselves when they want to let go of the security blanket.
    star-pants wrote: »
    Would you really be annoyed if I shattered the world?

How many hats do you own?

Is there anyone in the world you really truely hate?

Have you ever slept in a bathtub?

(1) Where would all the cute little bunny rabbits live then?

(2) Possibly around 9. But my trilby is my normal day to day hat. Don't wear the pith helmet out too often. Maybe I'll bring it on Friday.

(3) Oh... probably plenty. But it's very appealing to look particularly spiteful. So I tend to make an extra strong effort to be extra amicable to the people I dislike. There are a few people over the years whose actions I've found so reprehensible that I've cut them right out of my life completely, regardless of how close I'm supposed to be to them.

(4) I love baths. Don't really have a bath at home though. So it's mostly showers for me. Whenever I'm staying in a hotel and I have time I tend to try and have bath. I was staying in a very lovely hotel in Prague around this time last year and I was pretty stressed out and ran myself a bath.. drank a lot of good whiskey and also popped a valium. Very relaxing... but no.. I didn't fall asleep.

koth wrote: »
    Favourite hat wearing movie character?

Can you play a musicial instrument?

(1) Oh.. I think I'll have to go with JJ Gittes from China Town as played by Jack Nicholson.

chinatown460.jpg

(2) I did teach myself to play the keyboard back in college when I was composing a musical I'd written. But that was 10 years ago and I've completely fallen out of practice. I bought myself a Microkorg last year with lots of plans in my head to be creative with it... but so far it's just been gathering dust.
    Kharn wrote: »
    • Do you plan to keep making boards-casts?
    • What part of the world would you most like to live in?
    • Sun holiday or Winter holiday?
    • NES or Master System?

(1) I'll keep making them if people keep listening to them. New one coming up today by the way!

(2) There's a place in Spain called Ronda and it's just awesome.

Here's the view from the hotel I was staying in when I was there:

258739840_d2bbce1079.jpg

Orson Welles loved the place too and there is even a street named after him there.

(3) I tend to like city breaks most of all. Prague in the winter is a favourite of mine actually. But despite my pale appearance I do actually like the sunshine. I wouldn't just sit on a beach or anything though. I like to go exploring and I love the feeling of getting lost in unfamiliar surroundings.

(4) I never had a console growing up. I always had Commodore computers. A friend used to bring his Master System around to my house sometimes though and it had R-Type on it... it was an excellent conversion and it's one of my all time favourite games. So that was awesome. But I always coveted the NES and it's awesome catalog of Mario games. Of course I had to settle for the Great Giana Sisters on the C64.... ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭lizardfudge

Hi there cousin!

2 questions for you.

a. Are you having a good hair day?

b. You've made a lot of sigs for people on boards. Which one are you most proud of?

• Advertisement

Hi there cousin!

2 questions for you.

a. Are you having a good hair day?

b. You've made a lot of sigs for people on boards. Which one are you most proud of?

Hey there! You massive prick!

(a) It's a pretty good hair day. But yesterday is was an awesome hair day.

(b) I'd have to go with the sigs I made for Windsock and Dudess.

Windsock's one took a good bit of work as She Ra was actually holding her magic sword aloft and I had to pivot her whole arm downward so I could fit it into a 300 x 130 pixel image. I also had to take Hordak's massive head out of the background.

For Dudess tracking down that episode of Simpsons proved to be a bit of a pain and then trying to crop the image just right proved difficult too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Where you by any chance out two Friday nights ago? :P

If you were I seen you coming out of a McDonalds at 3am or someone stole your hat/coat :eek:

Do you like Coco Pops?

What's your favourite fruit?

Lidl or Aldi? :rolleyes:

Zwillinge wrote: »
    Where you by any chance out two Friday nights ago? :P

If you were I seen you coming out of a McDonalds at 3am or someone stole your hat/coat :eek:

Do you like Coco Pops?

What's your favourite fruit?

Lidl or Aldi? :rolleyes:

(1) Yes. Yes. I was now that I think of it. I would have been making my way home from the boards atheist beers. I think I had an urge for one of the apple pies in MacDonalds. But they told me I'd have to wait 15 minutes for one... so I left.

(2) I like the fact that there is a monkey on the box. I like the fact that they aren't called Choco Chrispies any more... But I don't actually like the cereal itself.

(3) Grapes... because that's where wine comes from!

(4) Well Aldi is closest to me. But I don't go in there too often. A girl I used to fancy back when I was in school works there... and she looks terrible now and I'm not sure how that makes me feel. I did over do it on some cherry bakewells I purchased there yesterday though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Are you allergic to anything? (animal or food)

Raspberry, strawberry or blackcurrant jam?

Toast done on one side or both?

What is your opinion on plastic surgery?

Would you rather live in a treehouse or underground?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Teutorix

(3) I'm far more dangerous than I appear in a fight and I've survived a murder attempt in the past so I reckon I'd fancy my chances. Although I'd probably back down from a fight with a female... although... it was a female who tried to murder me.

Erm rainbow kirby is a guy, i think. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Teutorix wrote: »
    Erm rainbow kirby is a guy, i think. :pac:

Uh uh. She's definitely female.

Edit:

Optimus Brian or Galvasean?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

Will I be allowed touch/wear the pith helmet again on Friday, even though it was me who dropped it and stained it last time you brought it out?

How many hats have you had stolen by drunken revellers?

Do monkeys really like bananas?

Do you like bananas?

SDooM wrote: »
    Uh uh. She's definitely female.

Edit:

Optimus Brian or Galvasean?
    ****, why do i get everyones sex wrong :mad:
    chatbox, flying squirrel, emo and a few others

WHY CANT YOU HAVE NAMES THAT AREN'T SO AMBIGUOUS?

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

****, why do i get everyones sex wrong :mad:
    chatbox, flying squirrel, emo and a few others

I hear you bro, I've had some wrong sex too.

MF,
    If you could nuke an entire country/culture which one would it be?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

monkeyfudge

• What would you change your username to if you had to?
    • You'll been instrumental in the forging of many new forums. Which are you proudest of and if you had to delete one which would it be?
    • Shag, Marry, Kill - choose 1 boardsie for each
    • You're on Airlingus flight 815 and it crashes on an crazy island (with no monkeys) - choose 6 Boardsies to have with you (and why) and 6 Boardsies to be the enemy.
    • Has you're new cheque book arrived?

Thats all for now .....

Whats the most annoying thing on boards for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

will you be at the office at lunchtime tomorrow I will pay you back then?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭trout

do you eat asparagus and does it make your pee blue ?

describe your last angry outburst, including profanities uttered or screamed

what twists your biscuit ?

how many icons have you got in your Dock ? is it on the right of yore screen ?

will the monkey schtick ever get old (I hope not)

in the style of blue peter, describe how to create a cock ring using household materials

star-pants wrote: »
    Are you allergic to anything? (animal or food)

Raspberry, strawberry or blackcurrant jam?

Toast done on one side or both?

What is your opinion on plastic surgery?

Would you rather live in a treehouse or underground?

(1) Fish.

(2) Think I'll go with strawberry. Although I can't keep jam in the house at the moment as I've got an ant problem. Those guys go nuts for the jam.

(3) My toaster only does both.... I think...

(4) It's horrible. And I think Botox is particularly horrific. Frowning is very important to me.

(5) It's been a dream of mine since I was a kid to buy a double decker bus and then bury it underground and live in it. Oh yes!

shellyboo wrote: »
    Will I be allowed touch/wear the pith helmet again on Friday, even though it was me who dropped it and stained it last time you brought it out?

How many hats have you had stolen by drunken revellers?

Do monkeys really like bananas?

Do you like bananas?

(1) This remains to be seen. I have yet to try and get the stain out from last time. I'll make my decision based on how easy it is to clean.

(2) Just the one. It won't happen again... not without dire consequences anyway.

(3) I suppose they do. But they wouldn't come across them often in their natural habitat. The association apparently comes from when the US was occupying the Philippines. The Americans considered the Filipinos to be no better than monkeys and a major component of the Filipino diet would have been bananas, so hence the strong association between banana and monkey was formed. It all has it's roots in racism.

(4) I'm not all that fond of bananas, really.
    If you could nuke an entire country/culture which one would it be?

Germany.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Arcee

Who would play you in a movie?

What famous person (living or dead) would you most like to meet and why?

6th wrote: »
    monkeyfudge

• What would you change your username to if you had to?
    • You'll been instrumental in the forging of many new forums. Which are you proudest of and if you had to delete one which would it be?
    • Shag, Marry, Kill - choose 1 boardsie for each
    • You're on Airlingus flight 815 and it crashes on an crazy island (with no monkeys) - choose 6 Boardsies to have with you (and why) and 6 Boardsies to be the enemy.
    • Has you're new cheque book arrived?

Thats all for now .....

(1) fudgemonkey, perhaps?

(2) I am actually very fond of the Transformers forum. And I'd happily see the Media Interaction forum burned, nailed to a Frisbee and flung over a rainbow.

(3) Shag - Dudess... why not?
    Marry - Enid Coleslaw... she seems like my kind of chick.
    Kill - lizardfudge... he's a complete and utter prick!!!!

(4) I don't think I hate and/or like enough boardsies to answer that question correctly.

(5) No. No it hasn't... but I've got a good feeling about this morning so I do...
    Whats the most annoying thing on boards for you?

There is one kind of thread that actually really gets my goat now that I think of it. And it's the total dip sh*ts who don't know what present to buy for their partner and start a thread looking for advice.

I love buying presents... and I'm sure that within perhaps a half hour conversation with a person I'd have an awesome idea for a perfect present to buy them.... How the f*ck can someone be in a relationship with someone and not know them well enough to know what present would make them smile...

Ha.. I know it's silly... but it's just one that boils my blood.
    trout wrote: »
    do you eat asparagus and does it make your pee blue ?

describe your last angry outburst, including profanities uttered or screamed

what twists your biscuit ?

how many icons have you got in your Dock ? is it on the right of yore screen ?

will the monkey schtick ever get old (I hope not)

in the style of blue peter, describe how to create a cock ring using household materials

(1) I don't recall ever actually eating asparagus... so I don't know... Chickatees make you pee smell like chicken though. That's pretty awesome.

(2) Apparently while drinking on Friday night (I was also on antibiotics) I did at one point scream "Don't let him near my hat, he's a f*cking retard!"

(3) Is this a euphemism? I don't think I get it. I like my biscuits untwisted I guess.

(4) I think this will answer your question:

dock.jpg

(5) To paraphrase Disco Stu...

I'm aware monkeys aren't funny anymore, and I don't even like them anymore. I'm worried I've let monkeys define me as a person and I'm scared of becoming a "one note guy".

It's just hard, you know?

Ah... I'm just kidding.. they'll always be funny... except when they take over the Earth and enslave us... then they must be feared and respected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Dear Monkeyfudge. What movie should I watch next?

Arcee wrote: »
    Who would play you in a movie?

What famous person (living or dead) would you most like to meet and why?

(1) Actually only today I was told Emilio Estevez for some reason. I don't see it at all. I think Brad Dourif, Jeffery Combs or Crispen Glover would be far more up my alley.

(2) Living or DEAD? I'm a firm believer that you should never meet your heroes.. that goes doubly so for their corpses.

Dear Monkeyfudge. What movie should I watch next?

Repo Man. It's awesome and Alex Cox is currently working on a sequel called Repo Chick.. eh... which may not be awesome.. but we can live in hope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Who's your favourite former Ladies Lounge moderator that isn't Zaph or Silverfish?

Orangutans are greather than Monkeys. Discuss.

Why is the plural for Monkeys not Monkies?

Would you rather it be spelt Monkees?

What is the air - speed velocity of an unladen Swallow?

WindSock wrote: »
    Who's your favourite former Ladies Lounge moderator that isn't Zaph or Silverfish?

Orangutans are greather than Monkeys. Discuss.

Why is the plural for Monkeys not Monkies?

Would you rather it be spelt Monkees?

What is the air - speed velocity of an unladen Swallow?

(1) Awwww... you don't have to ask that. You know it's you. I cold get away with all sorts of crap when you were the mod in there. Actually have to sort of watch what I say these days. Did you not get your Boosh modship back when you returned?

(2) Discuss how wrong you are? They don't even have tails for f*cks sake!

(3) I think generally in these cases you are replacing the letter 'y' with 'ies' as with baby and babies. But with monkey you'll notice you're also dropping an 'e' which is corrupting the original word far too much. You can't corrupt the beauty of the word 'monkey'

(hehehe... dropping an 'e')

(4) As much as I am a fan of The Monkees I'm happy enough with the original spelling of monkeys. My uncle beetlefudge feels the same way about the Beatles.

(5) For a European swallow, it's 8.94 metres per second, or 19.99 miles an hour. I'm not interested in African swallows... coming over here and taking our airspeed velocities...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Will you ever return my love for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

do you forgive?

• Advertisement

Rozabeez wrote: »
    Will you ever return my love for you?
    BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    do you forgive?

Allow me to change one of my previous answers in order to answer these two...

(3) Shag - Enid Coleslaw... (This is my secret female alt account!)
    Marry - Rozabeez... she seems like my kind of chick.
    Kill - BlitzKrieg... he's a complete and utter prick!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement