Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TramCo Rathmines: does anyone know what the deal is?

Options
  • 27-03-2009 2:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭

Of all the Wednesday night venues, Flirt or Flaunt at TramCo was by far the best in my opinion, and now apparently the place has closed down... :(:confused:

Does anyone know if this is permanent or is it just a temporary setback? Is the whole place going to get completely redone again? It's been so great for the last 6 months, best student night by miles... The only reason I can think of that they would have closed would be the new Burn Beach Club in Stillorgan stealing their customers... Does anyone have any info?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Ronan Raver77

I just heard it wasn't doing the business..Tripod on wednesday is meant to be a good night:)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Oh it is yeah, Tripod's epic
    No don't get me wrong, plenty of other places to go out, TramCo was just always one of my favorites, had more great nights there this year than anywhere else, sad to see it go

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

TramCo is definitely gone, the family who owned it weren't seeing enough profit so unless someone else takes it over (which I doubt) it's gone for good.

:(

That really stinks... It really was epic
    I'm surprised the weren't making money though... It was always utterly packed on the Wednesday nights

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

I heard rumours that it was closing down for ages before it actually shut!
    Then I heard rumours it was just being redecorated and done up.

Not sure what the deal is...

Also heard The Playhouse in Tallaght is closing too!
    Although, I hate the place so it's not a big loss, if you ask me :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Argh this stinks
    Maybe we'll get lucky and whoever buys the building will continue it as a nightclub...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭LiamD

There are large new orange signs outside Tramco reading 'Tramco Brewery' and I caught a glimpse of what looked like pirate-esque beer barrels being installed in the building.

Looks like it will be open again soon...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

LiamD wrote: »
    There are large new orange signs outside Tramco reading 'Tramco Brewery' and I caught a glimpse of what looked like pirate-esque beer barrels being installed in the building.

Looks like it will be open again soon...

It won't be the "old" Tramco opening I don't think so I doubt the "old gang" will be visiting it that much :)
    http://www.irishcraftbrewer.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=2829

• Advertisement

I wonder if they'll be bringing back the Wednesday Flirt or flaunt nights?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Scien wrote: »
    Unfortunately for them, The Stout Bar opened only a few weeks ago (Old Rathmines Inn) right across the road from them. Lovely Bar with a cool beer garden.

The Stout Bar is fairly grim inside it, although it looks nice from the outside - big open cavernous space with not much atmosphere - and fairly expensive to boot. A bit of competition won't do them any harm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

Tripod is simply one of the worst niteclubs I have ever been too.

I wonder if they'll be bringing back the Wednesday Flirt or flaunt nights?

It depends, do you like a pint of blonde or a red on your Wednesdays ?

Most of my friends will drink anything as long as it's >4% :D

Also how is Tripod one of the worst???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

Yep, i go past it every morning. They've been doing it up for the past few weeks.
    Inside is fully furnished so it's possibly opened this weekend.

Unfortunately for them, The Stout Bar opened only a few weeks ago (Old Rathmines Inn) right across the road from them. Lovely Bar with a cool beer garden.

Launch night tomorrow night (Friday) apparently. Undecided if its a good thing its re-opening or not.
    Gonna check it out n report back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

I have a bit of inside knowledge, I was installing some woodwork in Days in Hotel yesterday next door to Tramco. Its re-opening tomorrow night. They're brewing their own beers, sort of like the Porter House, had a list of them on the table. Dearg Ale - 4.6%! and 3 others. There was loads of flyers about the place, should be a good few free jars going. The beer garden out the back is huge and had barrels stacked 3 stories high looks like a wharf. Looks like it should be good, there was laods of lads working there, putting up a huge screen in the back. Havn't been there much in the last year or so but used to love the place. It could be back onto a winner, looks funnyish inside but cool too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

I saw one of the bouncers at tramco was in court a few weeks ago for assualt, threw some lad out the door head first. Is it over 18's? Last time it re-opened it was 21 for a month until they released no one over 21 would actually go there so they stopped that. If it's just over 18s I expect it to be full of the usuall scum that go there.

• Advertisement

I saw one of the bouncers at tramco was in court a few weeks ago for assualt, threw some lad out the door head first. Is it over 18's? Last time it re-opened it was 21 for a month until they released no one over 21 would actually go there so they stopped that. If it's just over 18s I expect it to be full of the usuall scum that go there.

Wow, is that true ? Was it reported anywhere ? Is there any news stories online ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭i57dwun4yb1pt8

Horses for Courses i guess.
    I like the size of it, the brand new furniture, the multitude of flat screens & its regular, normal patrons.
    Also, pints are 5 quid, which is standard and almost reasonable in Dublin.

the lower deck in portobello is a bit rough and ready ( the jacks stinks )

but the beer is 420 a pint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Alan Rouge wrote: »
    Wow, is that true ? Was it reported anywhere ? Is there any news stories online ?

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/courts/bouncer-threw-man-face-first-onto-footpath-1805606.html

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

DaDumTish wrote: »
    the lower deck in portobello is a bit rough and ready ( the jacks stinks )

but the beer is 420 a pint.

Rough and ready? Hardly, usually an older crowd (haven't been in there in a while mind you). Now downstairs were the gigs do be, well now that's a kip. :D

Disgraceful. I thought "door staff" or whatever was to be regulated here and people would need licenses and training etc. ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

Rumour has it the place is re-opening tonight!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭suspectpackage

The plaec is defo reopening tonight. I saw a flyer. Might pop down later and see what the craic is. I presume it will be the usual scum in the place though, it really went downhill before it closed. The bouncers weren't up to much and it's no surprise to see one of them getting done in court. I always found them irritating there, saw them clobber a few lads a few times. Hopefully it's not the same bouncers working there again.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I walked past it yesterday. It sure doesnt look like the same Tramco of old... it looks like its "under new management". I hated the old Tramp&Co... wouldnt have been caught dead in it but this new place looks more like the Porterhouse.

Meh.. I dunno, ymmv.

DeV.

• Advertisement

Advertisement