Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brainteaser

Options
  • 26-03-2009 1:12pm
    #1
    Registered Users Posts: 9,968 ✭✭✭


    Here's one for ye...

    Its bigger than the universe, smaller than an atom. A blind man can see it, if you eat it you die.


Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 10,751 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat


    Nothing


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos


    p_larkin99 wrote: »
    Nothing

    Use spoiler tags!!


  • Registered Users Posts: 10,751 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat


    Woops, sorry Cian


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH


    Tackle69 wrote: »
    Here's one for ye...

    Its bigger than the universe, smaller than an atom. A blind man can see it, if you eat it you die.
    p_larkin99 wrote: »
    Nothing

    That's not quite true though because
    there are lots of things which are smaller than an atom


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭thee glitz


    Cianos wrote: »
    Use spoiler tags!!

    :confused:


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice


    thee glitz wrote: »
    :confused:
    Why the confused smiley? If the answer to the brainteaser is posted directly below the question then anyone that opens the thread would see the answer. By using spoiler tags the viewer has to reveal the answer for themselves by clicking and dragging the mouse cursor over the blacked-out text.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda


    Is the answer Bono's Head?


  • Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice


    That's not quite true though because
    there are lots of things which are smaller than an atom
    Maybe so but if you take the "," characters as meaning "and" then you need something that satisfies all four clauses. Things that are smaller than an atom e.g.
    protons, neutrons and electrons
    only satisfy one.


  • Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C


    malice_ wrote: »
    Maybe so but if you take the "," characters as meaning "and" then you need something that satisfies all four clauses. Things that are smaller than an atom e.g.
    protons, neutrons and electrons
    only satisfy one.
    But
    protons, neutrons and electrons are only a charge
    , not actually matter I thought?!


  • Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice


    Grahamo999 wrote: »
    But
    protons, neutrons and electrons are only a charge
    , not actually matter I thought?!
    I'm not
    a physicist
    but I think they are defined as
    sub-atomic particles
    .


  • Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda


    Is the answer TITS


Advertisement