Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Open attracts $12,000,000 man

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 571 ✭✭✭smoothcall

Id be more likely to say fair play to him if he didnt come across like such an ass. Then all that stuff with someone having 50%. And im pretty sure hes proper skint, which after that spin up doesnt exactly lead me to respsect the man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Grafter

smoothcall wrote: »
    Id be more likely to say fair play to him if he didnt come across like such an ass. Then all that stuff with someone having 50%. And im pretty sure hes proper skint, which after that spin up doesnt exactly lead me to respsect the man.

I know what you mean and if I get to be in the public eye twice, I'll be better at it the second time, once I've thought about it.

re the money, my limited understanding is that he had to pay tax on the full whack, hand over half (of the whole lot) and pay the lawyers, which, in America, would leave you feeling ass raped whether you liked it or not,which allegedly, he might.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭HIVeindhoven

Grafter wrote: »
    I know what you mean and if I get to be in the public eye twice, I'll be better at it the second time, once I've thought about it.

re the money, my limited understanding is that he had to pay tax on the full whack, hand over half (of the whole lot) and pay the lawyers, which, in America, would leave you feeling ass raped whether you liked it or not,which allegedly, he might.
    Then he went and spunked more dough on HSP culminating in the most pathetic degen hand ever caught on camera

Respect? LOL

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I care less about whether he is a good or bad player than I do about the fact that he annoys the hell out of me whenever I see him on telly.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭bigslick

I may be wrong in saying this, but this isnt his first time being over for the Irish Open. I believe he was here in 2007. Might be wrong though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

Then he went and spunked more dough on HSP culminating in the most pathetic degen hand ever caught on camera

Respect? LOL

lol!Thanks for reposting this.

"I KNOW I KNOW you have Aces!!"......then......"Of course I didn't know you had Aces, I thought I had you beat".

One thing I'll never get over is how supposedly experienced poker players on this forum have respect and awe for so many famous players who clearly have very little talent and are very lucky to be where they are.

i remember posting on my old blog disecting close to 40 of Gold's WSOP ME hands where he either got lucky or played them really bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

Gold's speechplay is lame. He might tilt someone with his laboured verbals. Irish players are way ahead with the sly comments imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭cuterob

jamie gold played a ton of tourneys after the wsop and a heap of cash games and pretty much squandered what was left of the money he had..he was completely over aggressive and seemed to expect the redic run he got in the 06 tourney.. the only good results he got like cash in the wsope and winnin on hsp was after he got outplayed but sucked out crazy.. timex outplayed him in the wsope but was sucked out on.. pa outplayed him on hsp but he got sucked out on..

on tv and interviews he seems like an extremely fake person, manipulate even, who's putting on this good guy act but now and again you see him crack like when he gets bad beats etc

there are many worse players than him out there though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

kincsem wrote: »
    Gold's speechplay is lame. He might tilt someone with his laboured verbals. Irish players are way ahead with the sly comments imo.

I love when yanks/some europeans try to wind me up on Stars

eg:
    call me gay, i reply that people who call others gay are usually hiding something etc. all the other yanks at the table whoop that up

eventually i reply with something like "you do know im irish and therefore better at this than you"

that winds them up no end :D

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭THEIRISHMOB

BigCityBanker Quote:
    Originally Posted by THEIRISHMOB
    Change of topic.....

Anyone any idea when the breaks come in, in the PLO tourny at the Irish open, and what level is the top up?

Im looking forward to playing a decent PLO event but I can't see why its not a freezeout and I think 3,000 starting stack is silly. A €1k f/o event with 10,000 chips would be much better. Its totally geared towards the top pro's going nuts in the re-buy period. Anyway thats my valued opinion lol.

3 levels

Is that the break at level 3 or is the top up at the end of level 3?
    In the PLO event.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

BigCityBanker Quote:
    Originally Posted by THEIRISHMOB
    Change of topic.....

Anyone any idea when the breaks come in, in the PLO tourny at the Irish open, and what level is the top up?

Im looking forward to playing a decent PLO event but I can't see why its not a freezeout and I think 3,000 starting stack is silly. A €1k f/o event with 10,000 chips would be much better. Its totally geared towards the top pro's going nuts in the re-buy period. Anyway thats my valued opinion lol.

3 levels

Is that the break at level 3 or is the top up at the end of level 3?
    In the PLO event.

topups at end of level 3

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Gold is mentored by Chan isn't he? So I assume Chan gets a bit of his money, in your opinion do you really think a mentor will help your game all that much? I don't know but surely its just how good you are at reading what's happening and that, can you teach that?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

So i guess he is ' the 1000000 or less man '

Advertisement