Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

He slept with another girl

Options
  • 22-03-2009 11:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

just found out my bf slept with another girl while he was drunk last night. He tried to blame it on being totally wasted but i cant believe for one minute that he didnt, even minutely, know what was going on. I thought this would be the guy i'd spend my life with and now i just feel totally lost....i love him to bits and dont know whether i could trust him again.

anyone have any suggestions what i could do??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

i wouldnt forgive him. move on. sooner the better in the long run.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭ellie1

How long are you two together?
    Just asking this because it depends on how much you have to lose by walking away. AND drunk he knew what he was doing.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

ellie1 wrote: »
    How long are you two together?
    Just asking this because it depends on how much you have to lose by walking away.

Sorry but for me, the longer I am with someone the worst it would be, even in a new and exclusive relationship, cheating for me is an instant "walk away" offense.

If theres one thing I cannot tolerate and cannot stand its when somebody blames something like this on alcohol. It wasn't because you were drunk. It's because you wanted to do it. The alcohol is just a lame ass excuse someone uses to make themselves feel less guilty.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

we were together for nearrly 4 months....

im thinking of just moving on....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

Totally agree. Dump his ass. It's not as if it's a messy drunken 30 second dancefloor snog which (while still bad form) MAY be excusable.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭jhegarty

How did you find out ?

Was it a confession , or was he caught ?

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭ellie1

I know its easy for some to say walk away and i would hope i would do this. However, what if there is children, property, a long history , family. I think its easier to walk away from something shorter. Then if you love someone its always hard to walk away even harder sometimes than staying and trying to work it out.

Four months: walk away.

your absolutely right there....

i would have got over a kiss but not this...

this is the second time in less than 6 months ive had my heart broken my a scumbag and i dont think i can handle it anymore :(

i was asking him what time we were meeting up tomorro and he just came out with it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Zapho

fabbydabby wrote: »
    Totally agree. Dump his ass. It's not as if it's a messy drunken 30 second dancefloor snog which (while still bad form) MAY be excusable.

I also totally agree. I wouldn't consider 3 months a very long time and whats to stop him from getting drunk and doing this again a year later? You're better off without a jerk like that.

thanks for all the replys...

its stil only 4 hours since i found out so its abit raw still

I'm not defending him or anything. What he did was inexcusable. But it is somewhat admirable that he confessed. And so quickly too. Shows that he does regret what he has done.

i do agree that at least he was honest enough to tell me but still doesnt make it any better

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

Seriously, I'd be outta there like a bat outta hel. Alcohol is NOT an excuse. They don't accept it in court as an excuse for assault/ causing traffic accidents or anything else and you shouldn't either.

If you REALLY want to chap his ass, sleep with one of his mates. Or his brother!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

if your looking for revenge s*x then gimme a shout !!! heh no i was kidding.

if it was only a few hours then let it settle. tell him you need a few days and think about it... and let it settle in.

Only you can make a decision like this but dont do it while your annoyed.

ive made up my mind were over,....no ammount of time is gonna change the fact what happened ....just time to move on

thanks for all the replies
    x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Soul Stretcher

There must be repercussions...especially at such an early stage in the relationship.... I'm a man... there is not enough alcohol in the world to FORCE me to have sex against my will !!

Good aspect... he confessed early.

Bad aspect.... he wanted to and did have sex with another woman.

Look on this as him testing you.

If you don't punish him for this, I can see it happening again and again.

My suggestion, I know I don't know either of ye from Adam but this is what Id like to do I'd do, is:

A 3 month break.... if he's really into you, he'll wait and you can start the relationship kinda afresh.... in the mean time, you can get out there and see what your options are.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

Dump him. you don't need an STD as well as an arsehole!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

I'm not defending him or anything. What he did was inexcusable. But it is somewhat admirable that he confessed. And so quickly too. Shows that he does regret what he has done.

Or it shows that he doesn't want to stay with her and is too spineless to tell her, and is using it as a horrible way to get rid of her

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

Dump him. you don't need an STD as well as an arsehole!

How will she take a Poo ? ........on a more serious note :

He cheated ..... he wasnt comitted to the relationship - yes- he said it at the earliest opportunity,talk to him and see if you can agree something ...explain to him that you are hurt and hopefully you'll both walk away feeling better.

Alcohol is not an excuse - but means that he wasnt 100% comitted, he could have confessed over guilty, or fear of getting caught.....or realisation that he really likes you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

I thought this would be the guy i'd spend my life with and now i just feel totally lost....i love him to bits and dont know whether i could trust him again.

You knew he was "the one" after four months?
    i was asking him what time we were meeting up tomorro and he just came out with it

Wait, you asked him a question and he gave you a totally unrelated answer?
    There must be repercussions...especially at such an early stage in the relationship.... I'm a man... there is not enough alcohol in the world to FORCE me to have sex against my will !!

Good aspect... he confessed early.

Bad aspect.... he wanted to and did have sex with another woman.

Look on this as him testing you.

If you don't punish him for this, I can see it happening again and again.

My suggestion, I know I don't know either of ye from Adam but this is what Id like to do I'd do, is:

A 3 month break.... if he's really into you, he'll wait and you can start the relationship kinda afresh.... in the mean time, you can get out there and see what your options are.....

As the OP's boyfriend clearly has no problem getting women to sleep with him, your suggestion is hardly a punishment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Soul Stretcher

As the OP's boyfriend clearly has no problem getting women to sleep with him, your suggestion is hardly a punishment.[/quote]

Kicking him to touch for 3 months would hopefully be an emotional punishment. Especially if he sees OP out enjoying herself with other men in bars/clubs.

That is of course if she ever really meant anything to him, emotionally, in the first place. Which one would have to doubt.

The punishment I was suggesting wasn't only about depriving him of sex. The only way to stop him having sex would to do a John Wayne Bobbit on him which I do NOT recommend :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

OP -sleeping with someone else is a definte bye-bye move.

I have heard before of someone just saying it & using that as a tactic to check commitment to a releationship.

Forget the at least he was honest BS he is what he is and you are better of without him.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

I am not trying to analysise you as such but judging from your answers your asking 2 question

1, Would you stay with him and 2. Why did another guy be unfaithful to me

I dont know you so cannot really decide but dont let it eat you to much that you met 2 pcs of dirt. Get rid of him by the sounds of the way he came out with it he does not want to be around anyway.

Put it down to experience

could you ever trust him again after this? i know i couldnt if it was my boyfriend,id always be wondering what he was up to when he was out without me etc... thats not a relationship that will be good for you at all, you deserve better,so what if he told you,he shouldnt have had anything to tell you in the first place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭idontknowmyname

Kick him to the curb- 4 months isn't a huge amount of time and sorry to say this but he sounds like he's doesn't see too much of a future with you if he's sleeping with other girls, you say this is the second time he's done this. No respect for you at all......move on and find someone who appreciates you!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

If he'll do this after only 4 months, when most couples are in the can't take their eyes of each other phase, then what about 3 or 5 years in when that has cooled off? TBH I would be more understanding of cheating 4 years in than 4 months strangely enough. Alcohol is not an excuse. If he was so drunk that it "just happened" he wouldn't be able to get it up anyway 9 times outa 10. So I would concur with everyone else on this one. Leave(which it looks like you're doing".

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

im thinking of just moving on....

I think it would be better if you did,giving him another chance is just giving him a ticket to do it again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 carolinearc

Honestly you should leave him. He knows very well what he was doing, being drunk is not an excuse.

Advertisement