Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ULSU elections 2009

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 JR09

do you think the students union would have details on the post - like the job description ??

wat kind of expenses does one get in the position ???

im looking forward for a great campaign and hotly contested :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

The job description will be in the nomination packs in week 11 and the pay is pretty basic. There are no expenses, but travel to training is covered.

i think this position is going to be hotly contested. I know 3 poeple alone that are going for it . Can wait for it to begin. 3days and counting till nominations open. Is the college strict about posters ???

Wat is the PSA role ??

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭DJCR

JR09 wrote: »
    Wat is the PSA role ??

To deal with all issues relating to the Post Graduate Students in the University.

To represent Post Grad issues on Exec and in Council.

In addition to this, as the ULSU and the PSA are effectively joined at the hip so the PSA Pres will be involved in alot of the Under Grad Union Business (as it effects post grads as well) an example being Faculty Boards!!

Enjoy if you running!!!

The names are gonna be tiny on the ballot papers at this rate if they've all got to go on A5.

Fun week ahead for week 13. Is it possible that A3 and chalk could be ruled out with only one position to fill.:D

• Advertisement

ninty9er wrote: »
    The names are gonna be tiny on the ballot papers at this rate

No loss, they were all guarrenteed to be smaller than mine anyway :D:D:D:D

DJCR wrote: »
    No loss, they were all guarrenteed to be smaller than mine anyway :D:D:D:D

Mine is only 11 characters including a space and comma, that's less than 1/3 the size of yours!!:D

Daly - Tall, yet short and sweet:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

they were all guarrenteed to be smaller than mine anyway
    Mine is 1/3 the size of yours!!:D

Selective quoting ftw!! :D

Jeez lads I wouldnt be bragging about things like that :D:D:D

To deal with all issues relating to the Post Graduate Students in the University.

To represent Post Grad issues on Exec and in Council.

In addition to this, as the ULSU and the PSA are effectively joined at the hip so the PSA Pres will be involved in alot of the Under Grad Union Business (as it effects post grads as well) an example being Faculty Boards!!

Enjoy if you running!!!

Do the nominations / election for PSA pres take place at the same times as welfare?

Is it only post grad students that elect the PSA pres or is it college wide ?

Where does one get info on the role? the s union ??

Is it a full time post ?? is ther remuneration for the role ?

Who is the current pres ???

Before I answer this I feel compelled to say this isn't my area of expertise and I actually know very little about the PSA and how it works..... But I'll answer as best I can!!!
    Do the nominations / election for PSA pres take place at the same times as welfare?

Yes!!
    Is it only post grad students that elect the PSA pres or is it college wide?

Yes!! Post Grads are electing THEIR Representative so only Post Grads can vote.
    Where does one get info on the role? the s union ??

The best place to get info is to ask Emma Murphy (The Current PSA Pres). Thats where I get the info I need when PG issues come up in Faculty Board meetings. As for literature... I don't know if their is any but... there is however a job description in the election Pack... if your thinking of running!!
    Is it a full time post ?? is ther remuneration for the role?

Absolutely... In fact you will probably work more than your average 39 hour week!! As is with all ULSU/PSA sabat positions!!

I also feel compelled to add that you HAVE to be a registered Post Grad if you want to apply for the position!!:D:D:D:D

If you need anymore info let me know and I'll be as helpful as I can !!!

• Advertisement

Before I answer this I feel compelled to say this isn't my area of expertise and I actually know very little about the PSA and how it works..... But I'll answer as best I can!!!

Yes!!

Yes!! Post Grads are electing THEIR Representative so only Post Grads can vote.

The best place to get info is to ask Emma Murphy (The Current PSA Pres). Thats where I get the info I need when PG issues come up in Faculty Board meetings. As for literature... I don't know if their is any but... there is however a job description in the election Pack... if your thinking of running!!

Absolutely... In fact you will probably work more than your average 39 hour week!! As is with all ULSU/PSA sabat positions!!

I also feel compelled to add that you HAVE to be a registered Post Grad if you want to apply for the position!!:D:D:D:D

If you need anymore info let me know and I'll be as helpful as I can !!!

sound thanks a mil for your help.

Does emma murphy have an office in the su building or where?

sound thanks a mil for your help.

Does emma murphy have an office in the su building or where?

She has her own office in the corner of the stables court yard.... If you walk in past the padocks, through the arch.... the stables are on the right, the jacks are on the left....

Emmas PSA Common room is in the far left corner... (The side the Jacks are on).

Her office is the door on the left of the PSA Common Room!!

Welfare ?

anyone know can post grad students run for welfare and is the position elected by post grad students also or is it only undergrad

Welfare ?

anyone know can post grad students run for welfare and is the position elected by post grad students also or is it only undergrad

Any student of UL can apply for all Sabat Positions (Except PSA - PG Representitive, PSA Pres voted in by them).

So yes, Post Grads can run for the position of Welfare (+All the others inc. ULSU Pres).

Both Undergrads and Post Grads vote on the ULSU Sabat Positions!!

Are you thinking of running for something???

Interesting your interest in Welfare all of a sudden!!....... did you find out Bourky was running for PSA Prez :D:D:D:D:D

Only messing..... but seriously, are you thinking of running?

Nope mate im not running . Im putting together a PHD proposal on the topic of Student repersentation.... so this tread is really intersting and is about to get even more in the coming days....

Nope mate im not running . Im putting together a PHD proposal on the topic of Student repersentation.... so this tread is really intersting and is about to get even more in the coming days....

I was actually talking to someone yesterday about the same topic wondering if there had been research done on it. Apparently there's interest anyway:)

I'm shocked at the ease with which 60 signatures can be gathered. That's me ready for the starting shot anyway:D

Week 13 though:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 ULPaddy

I'm shocked at the ease with which 60 signatures can be gathered. That's me ready for the starting shot anyway:D

Week 13 though:(

No!!! Really, you're going for welfare! :eek:

:P

ULPaddy wrote: »
    No!!! Really, you're going for welfare! :eek:

:P

Pedantic boardsies will ridicule you now anyway as you've given us your reasoning:p

Thanks for the vote of confidence Paddy!!

*crosses off Christmas card list*:pac:

Pedantic boardsies will ridicule you now anyway as you've given us your reasoning:p

Thanks for the vote of confidence Paddy!!

*crosses off Christmas card list*:pac:

:rolleyes:... takes a moment to savour the fact he was on the christmas card list!

Moment over...:mad:...

Best of luck with it, got quite an insight into canvassing and election week myself and wouldn't like to be facing into that for week 13! :D

• Advertisement

:rolleyes:... takes a moment to savour the fact he was on the christmas card list!

Moment over...:mad:...

Best of luck with it, got quite an insight into canvassing and election week myself and wouldn't like to be facing into that for week 13! :D

Would you like a bit of work Wednesday Week 13?:D

Would you like a bit of work Wednesday Week 13?:D

If I am in a position to offer my services I will do so; however I'm wary not to make promises I cannot uphold. An hour or two I'm sure will be a welcome break from the library. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

They're e-virtual Christmas cards anyway. Thought that counts, save the environment and so forth.

How's about we don't try to add to campaign teams in-forum, eh? People who want to offer their souls to prospective candidates can do so by PM or in person.

my prediction came through its getting hot !!!

Does anyone know what the pay is for the roles , i got a nom pack but doesnt say anything ,,, and before i get any abuse i am not running im only intersted from a phd pro

my prediction came through its getting hot !!!

wow - look of utter, stunned amazement!!! That you could have predicted that is exceptional... I say scrap the Phd and just become a prophet and fortune teller, being able predicted the future with such precision is truly amazing! ;):p

Well done on the prediction!

P.S. Through and true are two different words and accordingly have different meanings, I think the phrase is "my prediction came true,..."

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

The pay is minimum wage per hour plus a euro per hour, paid on the basis of a 44 hour week IIRC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭NiamhDunk

Will there be a hustings next week for welfare???

how many people are running for it/rumoured to be running for it??

:D

wow - look of utter, stunned amazement!!! That you could have predicted that is exceptional... I say scrap the Phd and just become a prophet and fortune teller, being able predicted the future with such precision is truly amazing! ;):p

Well done on the prediction!

P.S. Through and true are two different words and accordingly have different meanings, I think the phrase is "my prediction came true,..."

Wow... thats b1tchy... even for you!!!:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭bazkennedy

Rumoured Candidates include:
    • Derek Daly
    • Aoife Harney
    • Barry Kennedy
    • Siobhan Nolan
    • Jim O'Callaghan
    • Mark O'Callaghan
    I know some of these people may not be running and i'm sure i've forgotten someone

• Advertisement

bazkennedy wrote: »
    Rumoured Candidates include:

Barry Kennedy

Care to comment! You can't really rumur youself to be running!

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Advertisement