Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please help me pick a logo/brand

Options
  • 20-03-2009 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi everyone, I have launched an online furniture web site and currently need to choose a logo/branding. Attached are the options the graphic designer gave me to start with. I would really appreciate some feed back on them. All comments welcome. Thanks in advance.

Eunan Mc kenna. 04890 200540
    Dublin Furniture

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 LoveFurniture

1 more option

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭TechieEddy

I like No4 the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭MrLuke

I have to agree, I like 4 the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 killian_murphy

mix of 4 and 6 for me, writing style for 4, but would use " we do " from 6...

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭gypsy777

None of them shout furniture at me (apart from the word furniture of course).
    I like 4 and 6 the best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

4 for me also

not sure about the "we do" line

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

4 and 6 for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭gerry87

Number 4, it's simple and uncluttered. I also like the tag line underneath it. This might be silly, but the others seem to high, i'm not sure they would look right on a website or stationary.

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭voodoo

4 or 6 definitely... agree though that none of them actually shout "furniture"

Looks like there is a trend forming here for sure. I think the point that "none of them scream furniture" is something i should sort out. Would probably need a symbol that represents furniture. Was thinking that the 1st pic could be modified to have the "Love" looking like a bed and the "furniture" looking like something lying on the bed. Or does that sound rubbish? If someone has a great idea for a symbol that "screams" furniture and i use it i'll supply them with a furniture order at cost price!

Eunan Mc Kenna
    04890 200540
    Furniture

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭gypsy777

Something like this maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭MrLuke

Whats good about 4 (and 6), is the font. Its clear, easy to read, transferable to packaging, business cards, website etc.

7 has a different font, so it isn't as clear. I see what you mean about the armchair symbol. Maybe remove the flower symbol from 4 and replace it with something more 'furniture' like?

Or have the 'love furniture' name resting on items of furniture?

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭gerry87

gypsy777 wrote: »
    Something like this maybe.

This one is very impressive!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

LoveFurniture, this is definately the wrong way to brand yourself. What is/was the brief? why are you on a forum asking strangers opinions on a logo to represent YOUR business? Was there even a brief or is this a 99designs type of result?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭TechieEddy

mix of 4 and 6 for me, writing style for 4, but would use " we do " from 6...

Yes also the "we do" part. Goes well with the logo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭li@mo

no. 4

Thanks for the design, i like the idea of the chair image and this is definitely the right type of idea. But i think it may be slightly too complex, may be a little more simple/subtle may work better.
    As for the spec, basically i have a graphic designer who has given me these options and i have to meet him next week to review and may be try some more options. It is GREAT to get this type of feed back, and see what the reaction is to the design. I have said that my target audience is basically women from roughly 25 to 45, with a family and good household income. They probably shop in more expensive super markets, own their own home etc. They can buy cheap furniture online with Argus and Tesco but they want to spend more and get better quality delivered to there home and built for them. Not sure how to cover all that with a brand but that’s the aim anyway. All feed back and comments are greatly appreciated.
    Would love to know if anyone has bought furniture online before and how it went for them, why they choose the site they choose, that type of thing.
    P.s. does anyone actually like the site at the moment?
    www.lovefurniture.ie
    Thanks for all the help guys.
    Eunan
    Furniture Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Tav

I definitely like no.1 the most. I don't see anything special in no.4 as it is too complex and too loooong.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 piardog

The colours in your logos look limp. Remember you will be matching the rest of your website to your logo. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 ClaireyBee

Hi Eunan,
    Love no.4, think it will really suit the site. THe site is good, but the writing and the borders on the boxes to the left are a little bit boring, kind of fade in and remind me of all the run of the mill american furniture sites, a small change would make a big diff there, it'll look great when the logo is sorted though!

Best of luck

• Advertisement

Hi there everyone. Went through all the feedback with the designer on this tonight, it was great to have all these comments to work with and makes life much easier taking the logo/brand forward. There will be another set of designs later this week I think and I'll post them when i get them. I wonder what he'll come back with! No more Valentines Day love hearts with a bit of luck!
    Many thanks, Eunan.
    Bedroom Furniture

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭lecheile

Number 6 was my vote until I saw Number 7 - its the only one with association to the product. Initially I was wondering what furniture is Love furniture, thinking it may be an aduly oriented site ;)

Re site - I personally dont like the boxed off sections on the LHS, looks like a random selection of things and not in keeping with the graphic and crisp imagery with the furniture.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 ukoker

I doing design
    ı found them little pour my friend
    Who ever work on them
    Pls ask some more
    İf you pay them incase
    Cxould be do better job
    Good luck:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭conolan

I dislike the name. More suited to handbags. Somebody is probably already doing 'love handbags'.
    Looking at Tv advertising and major brands, they go for something more solid, both visually and in terms of name. Does depend on which end of market you are going for. If it's high-price decor items (as opposed to beds and sofas) then maybe the brand is OK. However, if it's beds and sofas at cheaper end, then remember men are a big part of those decisions. They might hate the name.
    HOWEVER, I'm just an amateur, know nothing about the particular business.

Here are the new Logo/Branding options. Taking all the feed back and reworking them and adding some more detail. Again thanks for the feedback much appreciated and I hope you like 1 or 2 of these variants. All comments gladly received.
    Eunan
    04890 200540
    Dublin Furniture

Last option.

Eunan
    02890 200540
    Bedroom Furniture

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭cotwold

I like no.1 the best but only if the love was on top of the furntiure. Furniture love sounds like a fettish i haven't heard of before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭enviro

Last option here too. Best of luck with the site.

This looks like it is going to be the final version unless there is anything else that comes up. Any comments much appreciated. Thanks again to everyone who chipped in with information it was greatly appreciated. Especially "Gypsy777" who actually created a full logo icon and brand excellent job and much food for thought. If there is anything i can do in return pls ask. I will try, (as long as its not a truck of free furniture!)
    Many thanks.
    Eunan Mc Kenna
    04890 200540
    Fabric Sofas

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

I wouldnt put your phone number in your signature, im pretty sure its in the charter that its seen as advertising which isnt allowed and you could get banned for it. Just your website link is allowed as far as i know, just giving you a heads up to avoid you getting banned.

Advertisement