Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Brooding Corner

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

eugh i hate that.

fuck everything!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

I shall brood about a dilemma. I enjoy a local kebab house, the finest kebab house in the city, but they are so so so so so rude. I feel like I'm trapped. I managed to cut down drastically, but tonight I caved and they were as rude as ever! GaH!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

Which city? which kebab shop?

Maguined wrote: »
    Which city? which kebab shop?

Dublin, and I'm not sure on Boards name and shame policy, so I'm just gonna keep my rage anonymous since the shop name doesn't matter as much as the quality of the product and service. Maybe the quality of the product is proportional to the quality of the service

Or should that be inversely-proportional. Hmmm...

The finest Kebab in Dublin is found in Zaytoon and I normally find the staff polite, if it was elsewhere then you have to treat yourself to a Zaytoon, it is to Kebabs what the Elephant and Castle is to chicken wings.

• Advertisement

The finest Kebab in Dublin is found in Zaytoon and I normally find the staff polite, if it was elsewhere then you have to treat yourself to a Zaytoon, it is to Kebabs what the Elephant and Castle is to chicken wings.

Fine it is Zaytoon, the one on Parliament street. I live across the road and am in more often than most and I've very very very rarely found them to be friendly. In fact one day they kept me waiting for nearly 40 minutes because they gave me change of a 20 when I gave them a 50 and refused to admit they were wrong, even after checking the cameras (or pretending to) on numerous occasions. I could go on with my rant, but I'll stop now.

Never really had it from there, the one near to the Bleeding Horse is where I normally go and am pretty happy with them.

Never really had it from there, the one near to the Bleeding Horse is where I normally go and am pretty happy with them.

Yeah, they are a superior lot alright.

angry-main_Full.jpg

WHY WON'T THIS ITCHING END!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Heating airlocked so Im in bed wearing a hoody and tracksuit bottoms.Stupid fookin snow.:mad:

• Advertisement

omg ned.that's awful.poor shivery yoke. what a time for it, wha!

ya its me again. so what

ya its me again. so what

Ya broodin'?

yep.everything. every fecking thing!

How can everything be going bad? It's Christmas! The only thing I can moan about is no one rubbing my belly from all the food I stuffed into it.

yep.everything. every fecking thing!

On Stephen's Day? Poor Stephen

How can everything be going bad? It's Christmas! The only thing I can moan about is no one rubbing my belly from all the food I stuffed into it.

well i can go into it all if you want.

Sure but only if you feel like it.

It IS what the brooding corner is for

See nearly all those things are really hard to tackle, so I'm not even going to try and cheer you up for fear of being patronizing.

I think if you break things down into little compartments you can start ticking off boxes. I know the world feels ****ty when you're stuck somewhere.

• Advertisement

I'm not going to lie and deny that is a lot of crap you have to put up with because it simply is.

You are thinking too much on the negatives, try to look at all the positives and possibilities you have going for you, you will be moving to a new city, so your family will annoy you less and hopefully because they don't see you so often might learn to appreciate you more. Moving to a new city will also let you make new friends and you will get your cast off soon letting you get out and do more things, also a better chance of getting an IT job.

Not many people move during Christmas and its a renters market these days so you have a very good chance of having that place still be available.

And if all that doesn't help I will buy you a pint and a Zaytoon kebab on your night out and a Zaytoon always makes me feel better!

It's pretty damn hard not to be negative. before i broke my ankle I was looking for a place to move to in dublin, this was for a month. I know it's a renters market but the good places are snapped up within a day or two. and I can't get to see it till Thursday so it's likely to be gone, unless I just ring up and say I'll take it without having seen it.

I genuinely find all this stuff difficult to deal with. I'm not just being negative. I don't mean to sound like I'm saying you don't know what you're talking about. I just mean I've been trying to sort things out, and it is very very difficult.

anyway END RANT.

Oh I agree with you, when I said don't be negative I didn't mean you were doing anything wrong as its human nature to focus on the bad things and worry about them which is why whenever I got a problem I always try and focus my attention on the positives, I would love to be moving to a new city and having tons of new experiences and making new friends.

I genuinely feel you have a really good chance of getting that place, in all my years of renting in Dublin very few people moved during Christmas, they always waited until the second week of January. How long will you have in Dublin next week? Could you try and cram seeing more than on place into your time to maximize your options?

Id be more excited / positive about it if I made friends easy.or had a job to go to. it is an exciting idea if you're that kinda person.

I'm fairly certain my dad's going to be spending much of next week in cork with his girlfriend and so I'll have to get a train then bus then taxi home thursday, and so can't leave it too late to get a train. but then... do i have to come home thursday. could stay till friday... hmm. i'll see.

Can you stay with your brother in smithfield? If you do get the smaller lighter cast you could try and view a couple of places on thursday.

Sure making friends can be hard at times but its not impossible, sure a couple of people have already signed up for your drinks night on the wednesday so you could easily make a friend or two from that. Sure I don't have a lot of friends myself and definitely could do with some more so if you don't think I am a total weirdo (most people do) on your drinks night and you stick around till Friday I will come hang out with you on Thursday.

See you can already have a new friend and you have not even moved to Dublin yet, that's a pretty positive start already I would say.

Stayed with my brother last time but no don't want to do it again. he was ok about it, but I felt fairly uncomfortable. plus he's going to a wedding I think. I can stay in town anyway, have done before and it's fine. i prefer it. only thing about that is if my family know I'm staying over in town they'll assume i'm going out and will give out about it... but meh.

ya I might stay for two nights so. i'll talk to my friend about it. he might be coming up with me. still think that place is going to be gone by then. every other decent place has gone within 2 days. but there's a couple of others I might see anyway.

the new cast isn't smaller, not sure if it's lighter. it's just that it's removable. so won't really be any easier. I'm alright getting around anyway, just after long periods of walking it's tiring, but my main concern is the ice. i'll manage with taxis anyway. i've enough money for that.

and I know what you're saying about friends. I've just had many chances and known a lot of people, and I've still ended up at 26 with only two friends.

but thanks for trying :)

Medical problems are serious, all the rest... sure you've made loads of random friends on here (maybe you should focus on nocturnal people in RL :P ) and then all the rest, well that's pretty par for the course. So, while it may be tough, it ain't the end of the world, loike.

I was refraining from trying to up the mood, but Mags went there :D

I may have you beaten at that, I'm 28 and only really have two proper friends, both of which live abroad and have kids so rarely ever get time to see them, maybe once a year. All my other friends are work friends or sports club friends, no one I can drag to music gigs though ggrrr.

On Monday or Tuesday night go through daft again and make a list of as many places as possible and see how many you can cram into the day.

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Medical problems are serious, all the rest... sure you've made loads of random friends on here (maybe you should focus on nocturnal people in RL :P ) and then all the rest, well that's pretty par for the course. So, while it may be tough, it ain't the end of the world, loike.

I was refraining from trying to up the mood, but Mags went there :D

I don't mind your positivity, I just don't like people making out like I shouldn't be stressed over things. I mean I am. my family is the biggest source of upset for me and I can't ignore it away. ya my medical problems are big enough, but tbh I wouldn't consider the rest as important if not bigger.
    I may have you beaten at that, I'm 28 and only really have two proper friends, both of which live abroad and have kids so rarely ever get time to see them, maybe once a year. All my other friends are work friends or sports club friends, no one I can drag to music gigs though ggrrr.

On Monday or Tuesday night go through daft again and make a list of as many places as possible and see how many you can cram into the day.

well I don't mean I've acquaintances or anything, I literally don't have anyone else.

I will make a list if I'm going to be staying the second night. I'll do what I can.

• Advertisement

I hope I am not making you feel like that? I don't mean to, focusing my thoughts on the future positive potential has always just been my best tactic for things.

After yours beers night I am sure you will have people to start building friendship with.

Advertisement