Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia n97 to blitz the Iphone ???

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,472 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

I'm curious about the N97 and I've always had nokia's, but I'm less than convinced that they'll take any great number of customers away from the iPhone.

If there is to be an 'iPhone killer' in the short term - and I hate that term - it'll be the Palm Pre. It builds on what the iPhone does well and seems to have none of it's weaknesses.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

I'm curious about the N97 and I've always had nokia's, but I'm less than convinced that they'll take any great number of customers away from the iPhone.

If there is to be an 'iPhone killer' in the short term - and I hate that term - it'll be the Palm Pre. It builds on what the iPhone does well and seems to have none of it's weaknesses.

I agree. The term is used a lot of the time to drum up publicity for the latest touchscreen handset. I feel sorry for manufacturers who feel they have to obtain the success of a handset that isn’t all that well featured and only has a few things going for it.

What will be interesting with the N97 is that it will be Nokia’s first consumer take on their communicator range of handsets. To be honest, Nokia should have been working on this handset a lot sooner than now, since they already had the knowledge of designing a handset with a keyboard. I just hope that it’s well made and doesn’t look cheap; that in itself is a huge turn-off.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭hideous ape

Never understood the Apple hate from some people....you buy or you don't buy!

Apple products usually succeed because they start with a human and design the technology around that, other companies start with the latest and greatest technology but don't put it all together for an ordinary human to use. User interface is everything for Apple! Thats why Apple designs their own mice, touchscreens, Operating Systems, etc.

Apple get things wrong, Apple get things right but controls every aspect of the product so they can drip feed or lockdown features at a software level. If you lined up every tech company on the planet they would kill to have Apples balance of good ideas, product control, financial position, etc.

There is no other company out there right now that is currently releasing a phone, a range of computers, mice and keyboards, an Operating System, a portable Multimedia device and multiple Pro software applications up to the standard that Apple are presently doing...give them some credit people!

Microsoft don't release computer hardware, phone hardware or Operating Systems...sorry couldn't resist:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

seems like a fantastic phone , maybe i'll get it after my phone now , which is new so i'm not upgrading for at least 2 years lol

Advertisement