Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maturity

Options
  • 18-03-2009 3:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭

right here's something for every one to grip there teeth into and have a good old ripping at...

Women claim to be more mature than men. They seemingly mature mentally faster then men but is this really the case ?
    Judging by female friends I don't always think this is the case, these are women that are older then me to one who 46 (not that, 46 is an old age or anything.)

Men on the other hand are always deemed as immature beacuse we dont take things serously enough, when where with the lad's all we do is take the piss out of everything drink, fart, belch, oggel at female's and genrally have the good time's...

But go a little further into the apparent maturity, women are not as mature as they "claim" to be, this could be displayed bye retail therepy through both side's but mainly the female side.

Also the colour pink has suddenly attracted women all over the world to have pink phones pink tvs pink games console's pink laptop's pink car' pink this that and the other is this not imaturity ?

However men could be blasted on airsoft xbox's car's, drink, music.watch's
    all things that are entertaining to, yet we're still blasted on our complete lack of maturity.

Where is it because i fail hugley to see it ?

Women appear to have a more one sided view-perhap's to back up their efforts to show, there superioty. duhhhhhhhhh

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

right here's something for every one to grip there teeth into and have a good old ripping at...

Women claim to be more mature than men and women.

You lost me by the second sentence

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Gramatical error :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Gramatical error :)

Contradiction in terms :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭Mr.Lizard

Being mature sucks. Most women are just too dumb to realise it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Bitchiness and gossiping are not maturity.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Bitchiness and gossiping are not maturity.
    This would be split 50/50 between sexes. I've met some very (non gay) bitchy men.

OP: What was the question again?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

say oooh aaahh ooohh aaahh say oooh aaahh paul mcgrath!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Are women as immature as men ?

Are women as immature as men ?
    Ah come on? Some are and some arent. Thread closed? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

If I could only find a woman who can play 'pull my finger' like my mother used to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭gramlab

Women more mature? Nah

All they do is eat sweets, read magazines and gossip and they all smell of poo and sausages and dogs and they have long stupid girly hair and they explode if you touch their bellybutton with a pen and........

Us guys are the more mature sex defo - na,na,na,na,na

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I think where the whole "girls are more mature than boys" comes from is that girls go through puberty earlier than boys.

This physical sense of maturity has been twisted in to some sort of old wives' tale / battle of the sexes bull****.

No women are no more mature than men are. The sexes have quite a few differences in general but in my experience maturity isn't one of them.

IMO maturity is more to do with our interactions with other people rather than our like or dislike for games consoles, colours etc. (Although the colour pink makes me gag!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,016 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

They seemingly mature mentally faster then men but is this really the case ?

They may develop better social skills/emotional awareness in teenage years, that's certainly not the same as maturity. And men catch up soon enough anyways.

What's the definition of maturity anyways ?
    There's many aspects... being considerate for others, not being selfish, being responsible, working hard towards goals, sacrificing short term gains for long term good, greater awareness of issues in society, etc...

Can't say women have a monopoly on all those traits.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Maturity is not stereotyping I find.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

RATM wrote: »
    Contradiction in terms :)

It's called an oxymoron :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,016 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

If you think women are mature, have a look at this clip.

(safe for work)

Stampede at New York top model audition

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭See Ye

Women claim to be more mature than men. They seemingly mature mentally faster then men but is this really the case ?
    Judging by female friends I don't always think this is the case, these are women that are older then me to one who 46 (not that, 46 is an old age or anything.)

I think either you, or your female friends have misunderstood something. Females begin and end puberty, on average, faster than males. This is associated with girls being more mature than boys but this is only true (on average) during the teenage years.

A 21-year old woman, on average, isn't any more mature than a 21-year old man, neither physically nor mentally.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Men on the other hand are always deemed as immature beacuse we dont take things serously enough, when where with the lad's all we do is take the piss out of everything drink, fart, belch, oggel at female's and genrally have the good time's...

But go a little further into the apparent maturity, women are not as mature as they "claim" to be, this could be displayed bye retail therepy through both side's but mainly the female side.

Also the colour pink has suddenly attracted women all over the world to have pink phones pink tvs pink games console's pink laptop's pink car' pink this that and the other is this not imaturity ?

However men could be blasted on airsoft xbox's car's, drink, music.watch's
    all things that are entertaining to, yet we're still blasted on our complete lack of maturity.

Where is it because
    i fail hugley to see it ?

Women appear to have a more one sided view-perhap's to back up their efforts to show, there superioty. duhhhhhhhhh

Yep. :D

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Kiera wrote: »
    This would be split 50/50 between sexes. I've met some very (non gay) bitchy men.

I was talking more about formative years, teen girls always came across as more gossipy and back stabby, the lads would just fight.

In some ways, I suppose if you don't grow out of fighting you end up in prison, so perhaps thats why the lads these days are as bitchey as girls, most often the ones who didnt tussle out their differences as kids.

I've always found myself the upfront confrontational type, the thought of behind the back gossip etc. makes me ill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Wagon

Thread closed? :confused:

oooh noooooo. Just for suggesting that, you're hiding something. Possibly a banana. We'll find out where later in the thread.:P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

No, of course women are not more mature than men on average.

If this were the case there would be a natural disparity between the average ages of men and women in reationships, by way of natural selection. Neither sex would be able to tolerate partners of our own age if their was in any way a significant maturity gap.

The commonly misconstrued ideal that women are more mature than men is rooted in the formative teen years, as mentioned above. Men have traditonally had the full responsibility for career progression/household stability & income etc etc, so I dont see how it could be seen that this wasn't naturally mature.

It is also quite ironic that this opinion exists in society (mainly just among women who have not considered the facts s they've aged, and have just had this ideal since their teens for the purpose of "battle of the sexes" discussions, tbh) as 90% women exhibit one of the key traits of immaturity; Lack of emotional/mood consistency, as they invariably go to pieces in this regard for 5 days a every month. I personally don't see where a gender as a whole, who suffer from this "affliction" get off accusing men of lacking maturity.

2 pennies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Methinks the LC is a good indicator of maturity. Girls outscore us lads on average every year and it's certainly not because they're more intelligent than us.

It's because when I go into the library the odd saturday afternoon I'm surrounded by a mass of girls quietly studying away. It's disgusting but one has to admire their determination. When I'm finished using the toilet I go back outside and head over to my friends house to play some ps3.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

It is an important and popular fact that things are not always what they seem. For instance, on the planet Earth, man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much - the wheel, New York, wars and so on - whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man - for precisely the same reasons. - Douglas Adams

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭994

In general, the more advanced a creature is, the longer it takes to reach maturity ... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭kittensoft1984

Its not restricted to any sex

I know some very immature men AND women

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭NickNolte

Saying women are more mature than men is idiotic. It's up there with "there's no smoke without fire" as being one of those sayings that makes me want to crack whoever says it across the side of the head with a golf club. That is all.

Oh i just found a banana.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

you found a "banana"

*sniggers*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

It took you 7 hours to look in the fruit bowl on the kitchen table?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

The right thing to say seems that there isn't such a thing as women being more mature. We're all being equal. Sounds very right, very p.c. and very mature indeed. Only I believe it isn't true.

Of all the couples I know, of all the male/female friends there is a pattern and this is it.

The guy never has any money. Regardless of whether he has a job or not, makes a fortune or is on the dole, the guy never has any money. The girl on the other hand does. Saves a third of her income for donkeys now and when she needs a car, a holiday, whatever, she just has it.

I know there surely is exceptions on either side, but that's the pattern.

This' being backed up by Judge Judy even (I know, got sucked into watching and love it now, weird). She says in the 30+ years she's a family judge 95% percent of the times when party A is suing party B over money it's a girl suing the guy (Ex) for a loan or whatever which he now refuses to pay back.

A loan he couldn't get off the bank because his credit was bad, or for the car down-payment she loaned him because he couldn't get his name on the contract because his credit was bad and or the year she had to pay the rent all by herself cos he hadn't a bob or something along the lines of that.

And about 5% the times it's the guy suing the girl for same.

Ah well, maybe we're just more lenient with our Ex'es... :D

Advertisement