Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTÉ FAILS TO REPORT THE NEWS...AGAIN

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

The belfast telegraph said that "up to 6 foreign nationals were believed". At the time they didn't know it was fact that they were foreign nationals and were speculating. Sure they ended up being correct but at the time it looks like they didn't know. They could have also said "up to 6 foreign nationals, one of which is believed to be the lovechild of Pat Kenny and a small goat....".

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I think its very irrisponsible for RTE to be sticking big **** off alarms and foreigner signs randomly into their broadcasts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭polishpaddy

For the over reacting pc brigade as far as I remember the lithuanians are white.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,232 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

For the over reacting pc brigade as far as I remember the lithuanians are white.

Yea because it's only racism if it's against black people.

Japanese are a very racist people do you think that has anything to do with this thread?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭chop86

ZING!! haha, all hail king mob;)! just come out and admit it paddy, your a neo-nazi, theres no place for you in free society

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Japanese are a very racist people do you think that has anything to do with this thread?

What's your standard of a racist race?

Irish, Polish, Lithuanian and the Aussies win it for me.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Race has nothing got to do with this thread.

Well given that the video you link was made by a flaming racist who believes RTE not mentioning the nationality of the attackers is evidence of a conspiracy between immigrants against white irish people, yes, I think racism has a bit to do with the thread.

So how exactly is not mentioning the attackers nationality "failing to report the news"?
    And why is their nationality important to the incident?

EDIT: and, for like the third time, can you provide another example of RTE "failing to report the news"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Trouser_Press

The European Indoors 60 metres hurdles Race has nothing got to do with this thread.

That's right, discriminate against Derval O'Rourke. Misogynist.

• Advertisement

So how exactly is not mentioning the attackers nationality "failing to report the news"?
    And why is their nationality important to the incident?
    Do you feel it is not important?
    I think it is a very important thing to report on.
    Your just arguing for the sake of arguing.Your silly racism comments were childish and had nothing whatsoever to do with the subject.

Do you feel it is not important?
    No it's not.
    I think it is a very important thing to report on.
    Why?
    Your just arguing for the sake of arguing.Your silly racism comments were childish and had nothing whatsoever to do with the subject.
    Are you seriously going to argue the guy who made the video isn't a racist?

And again: can you provide one other example of RTE failing to report the news?

Rte are biased and have a certain agenda.Pro europe pro lisbon etc everyone knows that.Oh and they're pro immigration too.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Rte are biased and have a certain agenda.Pro europe pro lisbon etc everyone knows that.Oh and they're pro immigration too.

I disagree, so your everybody knows that point isn't true.

Never mind asking for proof!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Dante

THEY TOOK OUR JOBS

And have you examples of them tampering with the facts to further these ends?
    Or anything to support this at all?

Why is the nationality of the attackers important?
    Can you provide one other example of RTE failing to report the news?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Why are they not telling us?

Oh, oh pick me. Coach, me. Over here.

Is it that they are foreigners?

Do I get off homework tonight?

Lizards run rte and obama is from outer space.
    Agree?

Agree?

Makes about as much sense as the rest of that nutjob's videos.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Agree?

Of course. How could you not agree. It's indisputable fact.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭chop86

King Mob wrote: »
    Makes about as much sense as the rest of that nutjob's videos.

......and polishpaddys point/thread

Ok thats sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Chop86 infracted for calling another user a bigot.
    Chop86 infracted a second time for calling a user a neo-nazi
    Trouser_Press infracted for calling a user a misogynist
    polishpaddy infracted for referring to "silly racist comments" being "childish", after repeatedly refusing to engage in the discussion when questioned about the video (s)he posted.

And for good measure...there doesn't seem to be any sort of a discussion here either, so I'm locking the thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement