Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

PSV driver and just got clamped

Options
  • 13-03-2009 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭

Great start to the night and I wish I stayed at home. I wouldn't mind but I only got out of the car to get a fare in the office.

Friday 13th is alive and well :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

There is a thread waiting to hear from you...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055511876

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

What's ye being a PSV driver got to do with you being clamped???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Did you put your hazards on?

When a PSV driver does that, anything goes! As well as parking you are allowed stop anywhere and block a lane of traffic no problems.
    Your comrades know this already, maybe you should have used them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 646 ✭✭✭Johnboy Mac

mikemac wrote: »
    Did you put your hazards on?

When a PSV driver does that, anything goes! As well as parking you are allowed stop anywhere and block a lane of traffic no problems.
    Your comrades know this already, maybe you should have used them

+1

Is there different rules of the road for PSV drivers? Don't answer I know you think there is.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭SC024

I sincerely hope that after all your protests last week your not coming on here looking for pity?

Tough Sh*t

You Taxi men make enough to cover the cost of getting a clamp removed anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

I wouldn't mind but I park there most of the time, with no fear of getting clamped. The reciept the clamper gave me said I was parked on yellow lines, but I was actually on a worn away to nothing yellow box.

on a worn away to nothing.

Never heard this before, what does that mean? :confused:
    I wouldn't mind but I park there most of the time, with no fear of getting clamped.

If they enforced it every time and clamped you several times, would you have minded?

SC024 wrote: »
    I sincerely hope that after all your protests last week your not coming on here looking for pity?

Tough Sh*t

You Taxi men make enough to cover the cost of getting a clamp removed anyway!

Who said I was at the protest? Who said I drive a taxi? Who said taxi men make enough?

Never heard this before, what does that mean? :confused:
    Corrected, sorry.

If they enforced it every time and clamped you several times, would you have minded?
    maybe if it was enforced properly and you knew that you would get clamped. No one is clamped on a Saturday going to mass, and the car park is full to overflowing. Picking me out as an easy target rather that picking 20 easy targets with more work to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭stealthyspeeder

Sympathies about getting clamped, i dont care if your a PSV driver or a devil worshipper! clamping cars is not right, not fair and makes my blood boil.

I do think you should have removed the clamp yourself though make them pay rather than you you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

clamping cars is not right.

But illegally parking is?

maybe if it was enforced properly and you knew that you would get clamped.

Well now you know :)
    They had to start somewhere and it starts with you. A "professional" driver so of course we expect high standards, can you live up to them?

Never understood clamping.

You park illegally, and are causing hassle to others, so they clamp your car, meaning that the hassle and annoyane continues for other drivers for longer than it would have originally.

You park illegally, and are causing hassle to others, so they clamp your car, meaning that the hassle and annoyane continues for other drivers for longer than it would have originally.

How many people would pay a ticket not left by a member of the Gardai?

You can clamp 10 cars in a few minutes.
    Tow trucks are limited so you may only get a few cars a day with a tow truck.

Plus it's easier for a person to pay a clamp release fee then travel to a depot and pay a fee and possibly a storage fee to get their car from a pound.

You park illegaly then you deserve no sympathy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

I wouldn't mind but...
    ...I was actually on a worn away to nothing yellow box.

Yellow boxes are generally painted on junctions and similar areas where it's not a good idea to stop temporarily while in traffic, never mind actually stopping and leaving the vehicle.

So, what you're saying is, you left your car on a yellow box for long enough for a clamper van to pull up behind you, get out, get the clamp, photograph your car and then clamp it, and you want sympathy?

Hmmmm...

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Traditional

the best thing you can do is buy a cordless angle grinder i carry one at all times for private parking areas , being clamped loads of times never paid , they cant take you to to court either , only dublin corpo well i woulent cut one of them off u might end up in the joy !

You can clamp 10 cars in a few minutes.
    Tow trucks are limited so you may only get a few cars a day with a tow truck.

Plus it's easier for a person to pay a clamp release fee then travel to a depot and pay a fee and possibly a storage fee to get their car from a pound.

You park illegaly then you deserve no sympathy

Oh, it's definitely more efficient when it comes to squeezing the money out of people, but as a practical solution, it's not the greatest, is it?

AudiChris wrote: »
    Yellow boxes are generally painted on junctions and similar areas where it's not a good idea to stop temporarily while in traffic, never mind actually stopping and leaving the vehicle.

So, what you're saying is, you left your car on a yellow box for long enough for a clamper van to pull up behind you, get out, get the clamp, photograph your car and then clamp it, and you want sympathy?

Hmmmm...

The yellow box was not on a main road and their wasn't room for another car to pull up behind me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭Eru

the best thing you can do is buy a cordless angle grinder i carry one at all times for private parking areas , being clamped loads of times never paid , they cant take you to to court either , only dublin corpo well i woulent cut one of them off u might end up in the joy !

So you pretty much do whatever you want and to hell with all other road and path users then?

OP, you illegally parked, you got caught, live with it. In Dublin city centre if your on yellow lines / box or whatever your towed to a pay and display spot and then clamped so overall you didnt do too bad considering you were back to work as soon as you paid but it takes more time to clamp a vehicle than it does to 'run in and collect a fare'. Been clamped twice myself for letting the meter run out, thats life.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

Eru wrote: »
    So you pretty much do whatever you want and to hell with all other road and path users then?

OP, you illegally parked, you got caught, live with it. In Dublin city centre if your on yellow lines / box or whatever your towed to a pay and display spot and then clamped so overall you didnt do too bad considering you were back to work as soon as you paid but it takes more time to clamp a vehicle than it does to 'run in and collect a fare'. Been clamped twice myself for letting the meter run out, thats life.

Hey hey hey, he's a PSV driver, don't you know who he is??? :mad::D;):rolleyes:confused::o:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

lower your car.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭keystone

Seriously....are we discussing this.....Yellow Box.....unlawful parking......clamping....complaint....PSV driver or not....law is law, whether you agree with it or not.

Yellow box was not a yellow box anymore, just an outline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

meh its over and done with now. Wouldnt worry bout it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭BillyGoatGruff

I'd be p*ssed off too if i got clamped. Even if i was totally in the wrong and parked illegally. But i wouldn't be on a public forum looking for sympathy. .. You poor thing though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭stealthyspeeder

Stekelly wrote: »
    But illegally parking is?

No its not and I didnt say it was, but that does not make clamping cars right. This is why I said clamping is not right

No its not and I didnt say it was, but that does not make clamping cars right. This is why I said clamping is not right

So whats the solution? You go ahead and park whereever suites, they come along, shrug and walk off? Your car is parked illegally but who cares.

If thats the case everytime I want to go shopping in town (Dublin) I'll just chuck my car up on the central median on O'Connell street and **** whoever doesnt like it, as long as it's handy for me. Sure I'm only running into the shop for a minute:rolleyes:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

The reason for it being there hasn't disappeared.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 646 ✭✭✭Johnboy Mac

So you (the so called professional driver with the PSV licence) need lines on the road to tell how to drive/park correctly? I've heard enough!

This Thread should end now!

Advertisement