Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FRENCH ORAL

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭celtic723

This was on skoool.ie:

"There is no set pattern to the questions asked. The first few are simple basic requests designed to put you at ease. The examiner decides, based on an indication of ability given by your teacher, the range and type of questions to be asked."

Does our teacher tell the examiner our standard of french? :eek::eek::eek:

from what i understand no they don't because if they were they would need to write a list with all the capabilities of each student so i doubt it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

celtic723 wrote: »
    from what i understand no they don't because if they were they would need to write a list with all the capabilities of each student so i doubt it.

yeyyy :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭-ME-

I dunno but my teacher said that they sometimes have to give the examiner a list of students in order of ability, so that the examiner can try and give everyone the opportunity to reach their full potential or something :confused: I dunno though, it seems a bit unfair that the exam would begin in such a biased way.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Cheers Anne-Marie!!.

How would I say:

"Then on Saturday night, after an eleven round thriller Bernard Dunne beat Ricardo Cordoba with an eleventh round knock-out, making Dunne the new WBA Super-Bantamweight World Champion"

Or something along them lines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭.:FuZion:.

This was on skoool.ie:

"There is no set pattern to the questions asked. The first few are simple basic requests designed to put you at ease. The examiner decides, based on an indication of ability given by your teacher, the range and type of questions to be asked."

Does our teacher tell the examiner our standard of french? :eek::eek::eek:

As far as I know yeah they do.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Chanandler Bong

any tips for what to do the night before?, i.e. anything useful online to listen to (to get into the mode)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Chanandler Bong

cheers,

im checking out some french pop hits aswell, quality stuff.

Did you get any really abstract questions no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Heinrich

Samedi dernier, j'ai passe la plupart du jour devant le petit ecran,(pas mal de la journee devant la tele) en regardant le sport. D'abord le magnifique exploit de l'equpe d'Irlande contre le Pays de Galles. C'etait inoubliable! L'Irlande a gagne le Tounoi des Six Nations mais, plus important, le Grand Slam pour la premiere fois depuis soixante et un ans. Quelle journee historique! Moi, je ne joue pas au rugby mais j'aime bien regarder les matchs a la tele. Je prefere de jouer au.....and then off into whatever sport you play etc :D

this sort of stuff...

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 284 ✭✭We

just had mine earlier today, thank fook its over.. felt pretty good about how I did.. one things for sure though,
    the leaving cert is truly in full swing now ;p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Swizz

We wrote: »
    just had mine earlier today, thank fook its over.. felt pretty good about how I did.. one things for sure though,
    the leaving cert is truly in full swing now ;p
    What kinda things were you asked

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Had mine today, happy enough with it but i think it could have gone better :( the examiner was really really nice, she only asked the basics like myself, family, where i live, hobbies, future career, job and school. Worst thing was she would let me talk away for about a minute and when i was finished shed still sit there saying nothing so just had to try and keep the conversation going :o Overall i suppose it was ok though!! Just wished she would have asked more questions as i couldnt really bring in stuff id learned about say drugs or the recession. Also, got really thrown off at the start as the first thing she asked was where i lived, i was expecting it to be family :(

The randomest things she asked: I was talking bout playing badminton, and she asked what made me decide to play it. Talking bout wanting to study medicine, she asked would i prefer to work as a GP or a doctor in a hospital, and is it important to have chemistry to study medicine. Also had i any previous experience in this field, which was ok but i completely forgot the word for work experience :o Ah, thank god its over, at least i constantly kept talking bout something which is good i suppose!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Heggy

Pretty unhappy with mine. A few mistakes, I paused a lot, and she asked me about my typical day at school and it completely threw me off, it never occurred to me at the time she was just asking for the times etc. but I just talked about what I did at the breaks and after school.
    Most unexpected question was that she asked me did I go to Cork for that Maths quiz that was on a couple of weeks ago. I just blanked on the word for team, really annoyed.

Had mine earlier, happy enough with it, but she asked me about my best friend and what happens if you don't adhere to school rules, bit random I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

OK, I've officially had the worst oral ever in the history of man. The first five minutes or so were grand, but she asked me something silly and I got it wrong and she corrected me and then I started crying! for absolutely no reason! then I was mortified so I couldn't stop crying, I wish I'd known how to say "sorry, I'm very hormonal, you know yourself miss." At the end she was trying to reassure me and stuff, but I did not do well.

Onward and upward though, I never have to speak French again! :D

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 284 ✭✭We

Quels changements envisagez-vous dans notre société suit á cette decision?

translation anybody~? :F

• Registered Users Posts: 46 bstoran

We wrote: »
    Quels changements envisagez-vous dans notre société suit á cette decision?

translation anybody~? :F

what changes do you envisage in our society following this decision?

phasers wrote: »

Amen to that, now just to get this poxy Irish out of the way next week and I'm fricking laughing.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Amen to that, now just to get this poxy Irish out of the way next week and I'm fricking laughing.

Oh God yeah, next Friday is gonna feel so good!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

OK, I've officially had the worst oral ever in the history of man. The first five minutes or so were grand, but she asked me something silly and I got it wrong and she corrected me and then I started crying! for absolutely no reason! then I was mortified so I couldn't stop crying, I wish I'd known how to say "sorry, I'm very hormonal, you know yourself miss." At the end she was trying to reassure me and stuff, but I did not do well.

My friend burst out into tears in the middle of her Irish Oral last year after a few minutes and felt she did horrendously.
    She had written Irish off, pretty much, as a subject to count for points because of it.
    In the end- she got an A2. Higher Level.

So there ya go, you'll still have accumulated a good lot of marks ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭ya-ba-da-ba-doo

this is what i have for my document..(not botherin writing accents and all (á,ó, etc))

anyway...

sur cette photo on voit mon equipe de rugby. on est vingt quatre. on est tous habilles en short bleu et maillot bleu, blanc et noir. derriere nous on voit des arbes et l'herbe est tres vert alors la photo etait problament prise en printemps ou en ete. il faisait beau en tous les cas. sur cette photo je suis le troisieme de la droite dans la rangee de derriere. le capitain est devant. c'est celui qui le ballon entre les genoux. il y a un garcon devant a gauche qui n'est pas habilles comme tout le monde. c'est parce qui c'est le remplacant.
    la photo a ete prise lors de la finale de rugby de leinster pour les equipes en dessons de seize ans. c'etait il y a deux ans. la finale a eu lieu a kildare. on y est alle en bus. c'etait un tres bon match. on a bien joue et l'autre equipe aussi. on a joue contre longford. il n'y avait qu'un essai dans le match entier et c'est notre equipe qui l'a marque. le score finale etait de sept contre trois. c'etait un belle vistoire pour mon equipe.
    maintenant, nous nous entrainons deux fois par semaine, le mardi et le vendredi.on joue des matches le samedi. on gagne presque tous les matches.
    j'aime le rugby parce que c'est tres physique, exitant et passionant.

and then i have some stuff on the grand slam and what not! my orals on tuesday morning! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

this is what i have for my document..(not botherin writing accents and all (á,ó, etc))

anyway...

sur cette photo on voit mon equipe de rugby. on est vingt quatre. on est tous habilles en short bleu et maillot bleu, blanc et noir. derriere nous on voit des arbes et l'herbe est tres vert alors la photo etait problament prise en printemps ou en ete. il faisait beau en tous les cas. sur cette photo je suis le troisieme de la droite dans la rangee de derriere. le capitain est devant. c'est celui qui le ballon entre les genoux. il y a un garcon devant a gauche qui n'est pas habilles comme tout le monde. c'est parce qui c'est le remplacant.
    la photo a ete prise lors de la finale de rugby de leinster pour les equipes en dessons de seize ans. c'etait il y a deux ans. la finale a eu lieu a kildare. on y est alle en bus. c'etait un tres bon match. on a bien joue et l'autre equipe aussi. on a joue contre longford. il n'y avait qu'un essai dans le match entier et c'est notre equipe qui l'a marque. le score finale etait de sept contre trois. c'etait un belle vistoire pour mon equipe.
    maintenant, nous nous entrainons deux fois par semaine, le mardi et le vendredi.on joue des matches le samedi. on gagne presque tous les matches.
    j'aime le rugby parce que c'est tres physique, exitant et passionant.

and then i have some stuff on the grand slam and what not! my orals on tuesday morning! :(

Im second up in the class tomorrow. :O Not looking forward.
    Im going to copy half of what you said there on the rugby, coz my document is on The Heiniken Cup Final last year.
    Madly looking around for 2 or three places to toss in a subjunctive.
    "Il faut que je" ... or whatever!

At least im not as screwed as some of the rest of the class. We have possibly the worst french teacher in the country! 90% of our class couldn't tell you where they live in French, not a mind talk about "LA Crise Econimique" or " La situation en Irlande du Nord"

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭--homeslice--

haha... deja vu... i did the exact same thing! she had to rewind the tape for me, after that i was convinced that i had already failed and i was just in bits for the rest of the oral! roll on 12th august....

Advertisement