Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scumbag Gang Attack In Louth

Options
  • 11-03-2009 9:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭

This is just a horrible thing to happen. The couple of couples were in a car and got severely beaten and the woman dragged off and raped. Hangin's too good for the etc.
    Gardaí are questioning five people in connection with a brutal attack on two young couples at a well known beauty spot in Co Louth early yesterday morning.
    Five teenagers were arrested yesterday in connection with the attack in which the two couples were assaulted and one of the women was allegedly raped. One teenager was released last night but a sixth person was arrested and taken to Dundalk Garda Station for questioning.

The couples were in a car just inside the entrance to Townley Hall woods when it appears they were set upon by a group of males.

One Garda source described the incident as “brutal” and said the inside of the car was “covered in blood”.

Another said it “looked like an abbatoir”.

One of the women was pulled from the car and dragged into the woods where she was subjected to a serious sexual assault and was allegedly raped.

The second woman tried to help her but was also attacked and struck in the face. She had a suspected broken jaw.

The mother of one of the two women injured in the attack at the forest park said her daughter suffered a broken jaw, a broken nose and smashed teeth.

The 19-year-old woman was with three friends in the car when it is alleged they were attacked by the gang of young men.

Her parents were woken by a phone call from their daughter at 5am yesterday.

“She was roaring crying on the phone and then a garda came on and said she had been assaulted and hit,” said her mother .

She visited her daughter in the emergency department of Our Lady of Lourdes Hospital in Drogheda and was shocked to learn she had been struck with what was believed to be a crowbar.

“She has had her jaw broken, her nose broken and a lot of her teeth broken,” she said.

The young woman told her parents the two couples had been out at a Drogheda nightclub and went to the beauty spot afterwards.

She said they had been dragged from the car by a gang of men who beat them up.

Her friend had called for help as she was being attacked.

“She was shouting out ‘help me’ ” but she couldn’t find her in the dark,” said her father.

The couples had been at a disco in Drogheda and went out to the beauty spot when the venue closed. It is unclear how long they had been in the forest before they were attacked at around 4.30am.

The alarm was raised when one of the women managed to escape and seek help at a nearby house.

The two women and one of the men were brought to Our Lady of Lourdes Hospital in Drogheda.

While they were there a number of men arrived at the hospital seeking medical treatment for an injured 17 year old.

Gardaí confirmed that four teenagers were arrested at the hospital and were detained for questioning at Drogheda and Dundalk Garda stations. One of the teenagers was aged under 18, say gardaí.

A fifth teenager was arrested yesterday afternoon.

For some time after the alarm was raised there were serious concerns about the welfare of the fourth person in the car, who had also been attacked.

Gardaí spent over five hours searching for him yesterday morning. They feared he could have been lost in the wood’s 400 acres of forest and thick copses.

The Garda dog unit and the air support unit helped in the search.

Gardaí were contacted at around 10.30am yesterday and told he had managed to make his way home.

Townley Hall is about four kilometres from Drogheda. The walks and nature trails in the woods have made it a popular spot for families.

There were calls for security at the woods to be reviewed.

The entrance gates do not close and Drogheda mayor Frank Maher said, “It is a beauty spot and people enjoy going to it and using it. Part of its beauty is it is open to the public but after this horrific incident there should be a review of its accessibility after daylight hours.”

Locals have expressed concern in recent months because of reports that the area is being frequented by groups of people drinking in the woods and burning small campfires.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Unreal :mad:

The sad part is those little ****s will probably get away with nothing more than a slap on the wrist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Similar attack in Co. Clare a few years back

http://www.breakingnews.ie/archives/2004/0730/ireland/kfojsneyeymh/

http://www.breakingnews.ie/archives/?c=IRELAND&jp=cwauidsnqlmh&d=2005-06-27

Hopefully another 21 years for one of these pricks.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,269 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Were they dogging?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Sickening

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

I imply cant understand the mindset of animals like that. No doubt the liberal pinkos will blame their disadvantaged upbringing or blame society for making them like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Iolar wrote: »
    How do ya know?was that announced?
    According to the Indo the culprits are Eastern European.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/five-held-after-alleged-rape-of-woman-during-crowbar-attack-1668365.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Mingey

Caoimhín wrote: »
    I imply cant understand the mindset of animals like that.

Pack mentality, especially prevalent among teenage boys it seems. How do you try to reason with them? No point in saying I'd bash them good, you are outnumbered, you will most likely fail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭deisebabe

yeah was in the metro as well that they were foreigners. seriously sick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Wagon

Mingey wrote: »
    Pack mentality, especially prevalent among teenage boys it seems. How do you try to reason with them? No point in saying I'd bash them good, you are outnumbered, you will most likely fail.

Yep. You'll never get one of the little ****ers on their own. If that ever happened Christmas would come early...and no, i wouldn't rape him.

Pricks. And they'll get away with it too. I hate this country sometimes :(

• Advertisement

Wagon wrote: »
    ...and no, i wouldn't rape him.

I would....with a pitchfork.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,269 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Mingey wrote: »
    I would....with a pitchfork.

or a waven pipe

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

First off, innocent until proven guilty.
    Secondly, any speculation or rumours or whatever will be deleted and may lead to a ban.
    Thirdly, it doesn't matter who comes from where. Every prisoner costs the tax payer the same amount of money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 BrightonRoad200

well said Terry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Penis Eye

Terry wrote: »
    Secondly, any speculation or rumours or whatever will be deleted and may lead to a ban.
    Thirdly, it doesn't matter who comes from where. Every prisoner costs the tax payer the same amount of money.

too much money! they get treated too well in this country! i think if someone hurts another human they forgoe the right to being treated as human!

but i digress. i hope all that gets sorted out and whoever is guilty gets the comeuppance they deserve! its sickening

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Were they dogging?

Who cares what they were doing, they didn't deserve what happened to them! What is the relevance of that question or was it a piss poor attempt at humour?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭TripleAce

Terry wrote: »

Scumbags are scumbags, even if they didn't do it, they will probably end up doing it in future. Bullet in the head and problem fixed. Time for a clean up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Penis Eye wrote: »
    too much money! they get treated too well in this country! i think if someone hurts another human they forgoe the right to being treated as human!

*facepalm*

Do you actually understand what you're saying here, or are you just posting the first thing that enters your mind and sounds like revenge justice.

Sweet jesus give me patience....

(in b4 cretins misuse the word liberal, or use the words 'pinko' , 'PC' or 'bleeding heart')

(in b4 cretins misuse the word liberal, or use the words 'pinko' , 'PC' or 'bleeding heart')

Too late!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!! !! !
    I imply cant understand the mindset of animals like that. No doubt the liberal pinkos will blame their disadvantaged upbringing or blame society for making them like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

IBCMTWLOUTWPPOBH

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

I might point out that objections to the death penalty are not usually indicative of any sympathy towards specific perpetrators. In fact the opposite is often the case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

biko wrote: »
    Sickening

Agreed.....really really sickening :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

TripleAce wrote:
    Scumbags are scumbags, even if they didn't do it, they will probably end up doing it in future. Bullet in the head and problem fixed. Time for a clean up.

Ok. Danny Witwer has spoken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

No doubt the liberal pinkos will blame their disadvantaged upbringing or blame society for making them like this.

Does this mean there are illiberal pinkos too? Or is the tautology just for added outrage effect?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Wagon

*facepalm*
    Are you sure? Are you sure it was an actual facepalm and not just some bloke tpying the word into his computer and suppounding it with some asterisks?
    Sweet jesus give me patience....
    You made another mistake here. Pateince is something you develop over time. I don't think you can just get it when you ask for it. And I don't think Jesus will adhede to your request, regardless of how "sweet" he is.
    You appear to have created a new area code of dublin, only it starts with the wrong letter. B4 eh? Sounds sexy. Pinko is an odd word, i agree. I'm typing on a PC. Yet these are things I fail too see any worthwhile strategic advantage of "getting in before". Especially the pinko bit. It leades me to believe you are a closet homosexual.

They'll be let off the hook with the excuse of coming from a bad family or some **** like that. These are the things that need to be fixed in the legal system. Crimes like this cannot go unpunished, but which this one virtually will just like most cases involving minors.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

She visited her daughter in the emergency department of Our Lady of Lourdes Hospital in Drogheda and was shocked to learn she had been struck with what was believed to be a crowbar.

“She has had her jaw broken, her nose broken and a lot of her teeth broken,” she said.
    TBH, the kind of twisted trash capable of something like this have no place outside of a prison. Calling for them to be just deported would mean they'd just be inflicted on some other country. Prison is expensive, sure, but in this case it's money well spent if it keeps the kind of fucking animals who'd beat a woman with a crowbar away from the rest of us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Are you sure? Are you sure it was an actual facepalm

yes it was, and the rest of your inane post provoked a second one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

They'll be let off the hook with the excuse of coming from a bad family or some **** like that. These are the things that need to be fixed in the legal system. Crimes like this cannot go unpunished, but which this one virtually will just like most cases involving minors.

Just as a matter of interest, you wouldn't be as good as to link to some previous case where the accused was "let off the hook with the excuse of coming from a bad family or some **** like that"?

From with the Irish legal system, if you would.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

This is an unfortunate reality across much of the country. Scumbags routinely use Coillte and other public car parks & beauty spots in forests as places to hang out till five in morning taking whatever drugs and causing hassle. It's well known for example that you take your life into your hands hanging around the Hellfire club car park after dark on the weekends.
    These car parks are unlit, completely unattended and I very much doubt the Gardai have the time or inclination to spend more than 5 minutes in a night checking them out. Even when they do, it's too bloody dark to see anyone.

There's probably very little you can do - you could light up the car parks, put fences around them and close them every evening, but there will always be beauty spots which you can't ringfence, and closing off the other public areas will only serve to draw the scumbags to the ones which haven't been closed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

seamus wrote: »
    This is an unfortunate reality across much of the country. Scumbags routinely use Coillte and other public car parks & beauty spots in forests as places to hang out till five in morning taking whatever drugs and causing hassle. It's well known for example that you take your life into your hands hanging around the Hellfire club car park after dark on the weekends.
    These car parks are unlit, completely unattended and I very much doubt the Gardai have the time or inclination to spend more than 5 minutes in a night checking them out. Even when they do, it's too bloody dark to see anyone.

There's probably very little you can do - you could light up the car parks, put fences around them and close them every evening, but there will always be beauty spots which you can't ringfence, and closing off the other public areas will only serve to draw the scumbags to the ones which haven't been closed.

Pretty much. The only real solution is to make such journey gang handed, with a couple of baseball bats.

Nice that you gotta roll in numbers for safety.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement