Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAQ: Unlocking, Jailbreak, Cydia, etc - All discussion goes here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭pbarr

Thanks guil I used limera1n as you said and iphone is syncing perfect now with Itunes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 28 _mark_08_

I have a iphone 4 and it has 4.3.5 on it, is there any sort of jailbreak for it as I really don't wanna pay for any apps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

_mark_08_ wrote: »
    I have a iphone 4 and it has 4.3.5 on it, is there any sort of jailbreak for it as I really don't wanna pay for any apps.

If you don't want to pay start coding and make your own, the use the language objective c. Alot of work and money goes into them.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭sandt

I have an iPhone 4 on FW 4.3.3 (8J2) and modem firmware 04.10.01

it is VERY important that I keep everything that is on this phone - contacts, pics, videos, texts etc.

Im all new to this so, What guide do I need to use to unlock this phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,492 ✭✭✭✭guil

sandt wrote: »
    I have an iPhone 4 on FW 4.3.3 (8J2) and modem firmware 04.10.01

it is VERY important that I keep everything that is on this phone - contacts, pics, videos, texts etc.

Im all new to this so, What guide do I need to use to unlock this phone?
    you cant unlock unless your network requests it from apple

• Advertisement

guil wrote: »
    you cant unlock unless your network requests it from apple

So I have to ring O2 and ask them to contact apple to do this? Will they do this?

What do I have to do after I contact O2?

Thanks.

yeah just tell them you want to unlock the phone, you will get a text to say they have sent the request to apple and then another text when its ready to be unlocked, then you have to connect it to itunes

@guil. Another question for you as you seem to know your stuff. I have an Ipad 2 version 4.3.3. Can it be jailbroken.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Brian017

Yes it can via JailbreakMe.com

yeah just tell them you want to unlock the phone, you will get a text to say they have sent the request to apple and then another text when its ready to be unlocked, then you have to connect it to itunes

Thanks mate, rang them and they say the phone has never been registered,
    looks like the guy im doing this for is gonna have to spend €150 topping up in a month before he goes to oz so he can unlock it!!

• Advertisement

sandt wrote: »
    Thanks mate, rang them and they say the phone has never been registered,
    looks like the guy im doing this for is gonna have to spend €150 topping up in a month before he goes to oz so he can unlock it!!
    if you know anyone with a bill on o2 ask them to request it

if you know anyone with a bill on o2 ask them to request it

Will they let you do that?

He told me he got it as a replacement from his insurance, so if he say got his dad (who had a O2 bill) to ring O2 and request it be unlocked would that work?

might do, its worth a try anyway or else anyone that is prepay with o2 as long as they have topped up 150 in the previous 6 months

might do, its worth a try anyway or else anyone that is prepay with o2 as long as they have topped up 150 in the previous 6 months

Got him to ring O2 himself, and got him to register it under his dads bill phone ( although they had to speak directly to his dad) and they said that was fine and it should be unlocked within 48hrs.

Thanks for your help.

happy days

Brian017 wrote: »
    Yes it can via JailbreakMe.com

I was looking at jailbreakme.com. It looks like you have to have Cydia installed as it says "Come back on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to use JailbreakMe."
    Where do you get Cydia from ? or am I looking in the wrong place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

pbarr wrote: »
    I was looking at jailbreakme.com. It looks like you have to have Cydia installed as it says "Come back on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to use JailbreakMe."

Go to the site on your iphone not your pc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Brian017

pbarr wrote: »

go to the site on your ipad and tap install and you're good to go... its as simple as that, which is why i love these kinds of jailbreaks.

Just be sure to do a backup before hand

Excuse my ignorance but I've installed cydia ok. Is that the Ipad jailbroken or is there more to it.

thats it, go to cydia and search ''pdf patch'' and then install pdf patcher 2

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

I have been out of the loop for a while when it comes to iPhones as I went over to Android

so I have a question about restoring an iPhone 4 with 4.0.1 with baseband 01.59.00, I want to keep the baseband and upgrade the firmware to 4.3.3 (or latest possible untethered jailbreak) sim unlock is not needed

is tiny umbrella still needed to save the shsh blobs? or can I use Cydia?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

Anyone know how you'd go about activating an iPhone 4 on AT&T withut an AT&T sim? 4.3.5 firmware I think

Auvers wrote: »
    I have been out of the loop for a while when it comes to iPhones as I went over to Android

so I have a question about restoring an iPhone 4 with 4.0.1 with baseband 01.59.00, I want to keep the baseband and upgrade the firmware to 4.3.3 (or latest possible untethered jailbreak) sim unlock is not needed

is tiny umbrella still needed to save the shsh blobs? or can I use Cydia?
    why do you want to keep the baseband at 01.59.00 if you dont need an unlock, if you havent saced the blobs already then its too late as apple don't sign 4.3.3 anymore

why do you want to keep the baseband at 01.59.00 if you dont need an unlock, if you havent saced the blobs already then its too late as apple don't sign 4.3.3 anymore

thanks but maybe I want the unlock sometime in the future

I dunno if the blobs have been saved as its a friends iPhone but it needs a reinstall, its jailbroken already with Cydia installed

download tinyumbrella and run it with the iphone connected, click save my shsh and it will tell you if it has blobs for x firmware

download tinyumbrella and run it with the iphone connected, click save my shsh and it will tell you if it has blobs for x firmware

ah so I can use the following firmware to upgrade and reinstall the phone without updating the baseband and then use jailbreakme

tinyumbrella results
    4.2b3

i'm not exactly sure how you restore without updating the baseband but google it and i'm sure you will find something

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭smtdos

You can upgrade to 4.3.3 and keep baseband 01.59.00 using Pwnage Tool (Mac) or Sn0wbreeze (windows)

smtdos wrote: »
    You can upgrade to 4.3.3 and keep baseband 01.59.00 using Pwnage Tool (Mac) or Sn0wbreeze (windows)

do I have to put at this entry into the host file

74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com

to install an earlier firmware version?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭smtdos

Auvers wrote: »
    do I have to put at this entry into the host file

74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com

to install an earlier firmware version?

I'm not sure tbh but I upgraded from 4.0.1 to 4.3.3 and kept 01.59.00. Unlocked with Ultrasn0w then.

Advertisement