Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAQ: Unlocking, Jailbreak, Cydia, etc - All discussion goes here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Any luck with that?

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭iPaddyM

Can't unlock any iPhone 3G :confused: I've been unable to jailbreak 3 different 3G iPhones recently, all phones have the latest software (4.2.1).

When I run redsn0w it just crashes when downloading the iPad baseband :(

Is this a common problem and is there a fix for it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

guil wrote: »
    sounds like she installed something thats not compatible and its crashing the phone, just tell her to go back to cydia and remove what the package was and it should be ok

Can't get to cydia, literally the phone keeps turning on and off, goes from the apple start up then turns off and the same thing over and over again, can't get to the apps, menu or anywhere else

Tried connecting to laptop but where all the details of mine comes up, name, memory, version, seriel number etc hers just says iphone and continues to reset as before? Im gettin p!ssed off now :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Landoflemon

Hi guys,

Bought a 3gs off somebody on adverts last year, he told me it had been factory unlocked.

I updated today from 4.0 to 4.3.3 and my baseband updated to 05.16.02. I didn't think this would be a problem as my phone was supposed to be factory unlocked, but it turns out that was not true, so I'm locked out of the meteor network. I then jailbroke it to install ultrasn0w to unlock it, but 05.16.02 is not supported so the only thing I thought I could do was update the baseband to 06.15.00, which is for the iPad. This worked and I could access the meteor network again. However, Cydia was not working properly, POSIX operation timed out when I tried downloading nearly anything from Cydia. To solve this I tried restoring the phone to factory 4.3.3, to jailbreak again. However this time I got Error 1015, and the jailbreak also froze halfway through.

I can get to the normal home screen but I'm locked out of the meteor network and Cydia will not download ultrasn0w to unlock it as it says there is some sort of dependencies problem with mobilesubstrate.

I am at my wits end with this and really don't know how to proceed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,493 ✭✭✭✭guil

IPAM wrote: »
    Can't get to cydia, literally the phone keeps turning on and off, goes from the apple start up then turns off and the same thing over and over again, can't get to the apps, menu or anywhere else
    does she rely on an unlock, if not and if she doesnt mind the hassle ya could restore it in itunes

with the iphone off connect it to itunes and hold the home button until the connect to itunes logo comes up, click restore in itunes and then let it update, when its finished it will ask if ya want to set up as a new phone or restore from a backup

the latest redsn0w will jailbreak it on 4.3.3

if she requires an unlock DONT use that method

Yeah she needs it unlocked but im thinking if theres no other way i'll restore it n get it jailbroken again :/

run the restore again and then when the 1015 error comes up use tinyumbrella to kick out of recovery

any idea what os is on the phone, if the shsh was backed up in cydia ya could restore to an os thats unlockable, download tinyumbrella and connect the iphone and turn it on, close itunes if it opens

click on save my shsh and it might tell ya what os' ya can restore to
    it might not work cos it keeps ressetting but its worth a try

That will get it out of recovery loop won't it? I'm not having difficulty getting out of the recovery loop, but when I go to jailbreak using redsn0w it it gets stuck on "Installing Activation Bundles" on the screen with the pineapple, and I think this is why Cydia might not be installing properly, thus not allowing me to run ultrasn0w?

• Advertisement

did ya download 4.3.3 and load that to redsn0w

Ok, I think I've fixed it, I don't know why but after continuously repeating the jailbreak it finally worked, I could download ultrasn0w and unlock the phone using the 06.15.00 baseband, then activate it with SAM and everything seems to be working great! :)

I've heard that this particular baseband eats battery though when used on a 3gs so I'll report back if I notice anything. I used get 24hours out of a regular charge, so I'll be interested to see if this has changed much. Thanks for your suggestions while I was stuck Guil.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 B1ue

is it possible to jailbreak a 3gs iphone with 4.3.2 firmware on it? ive done a quick search on google but havnt found any really usefull websites, some say that some programs work the other websites say that the same programs dont work, anyone got the answer or a TUT or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭cornerforward13

Hi all I hope someone can help me, I got an iphone off a relation and when I put my own meteor sim in its coming up sim locked. What do I do now to make it work!! Thanks very much

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

Hi all I hope someone can help me, I got an iphone off a relation and when I put my own meteor sim in its coming up sim locked. What do I do now to make it work!! Thanks very much

what model iphone is it???

Its an iphone 3g

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

u need to go into settings and check the firmware and the modem firmware and tell us wat they are cheers u should be able to jailbreak and unlock the phone then once your computer handy lol

massy086 wrote: »
    u need to go into settings and check the firmware and the modem firmware and tell us wat they are cheers u should be able to jailbreak and unlock the phone then once your computer handy lol

Id be ok with the computer like! Version 4.2.1 it says and modem 05.15.04

is there a pin on the sim, that message is displayed for a pin locked sim
    no service is displayed for a sim that wont work

is there a pin on the sim, that message is displayed for a pin locked sim
    no service is displayed for a sim that wont work

Yes its coming up no service since I put in the pin!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭donal2000

Hi All,

I have an IPhone 3GS running firmware version 3.1.2 with an tethered jailbreak using Purplera1n. Each time I need to reset the IPhone (have to reset network settings from time to time as unable to connect to my local Wifi) or if the battery dies I get the ITunes logo on the IPhone so have to connect to my PC and run the Purplera1n jailbreak.

I've read about Jailbreakme - an untethered jailbreak. Apparently I have to upgrade my firmware to 4.0.1 for this to work.
    I've downloaded the firmware file and when I attempt to update the firmware manually using ITunes I get the error 3194.
    I've read about the error 3194 fix - edit the hosts file (c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc adding the following line 74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com). Put the IPhone into Recovery Mode and Shift Restore using the firmware file but again I get the error 3194. I have also tried upgrading to firmware version 3.1.3 but again get the error 3194. What can I do?

Also I have tried running tinyumbrella, start the TSS server and then try the Shift Restore in ITunes (with IPhone in Recovery Mode) using either firmware 3.1.2 or 4.0.1 and get the error 1604. I have tried using different USB ports and another USB lead I have but get the same error.

It's driving me insane as I want to get an untethered jailbreak running on the IPhone so I can reboot the phone without having to connect to a PC each time. Is there any workaround for this or anything I can do to get the firmware upgraded?

Also will I lose anything by upgrading the firmware or restoring? I have made a backup in ITunes.

Thank You

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭iPaddyM

Can't unlock any iPhone 3G :confused: I've been unable to jailbreak 3 different 3G iPhones recently, all phones have the latest software (4.2.1).

When I run redsn0w it just crashes when downloading the iPad baseband :(

Is this a common problem and is there a fix for it?
    Any advice on this please?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,326 ✭✭✭Tefral

Think I have a problem.

I followed this http://www.iclarified.com/entry/comments.php?enid=12949&laid=33

To update my Iphone 3g from 3.1.3 to 4.2.1

I followed everything to a T and then I ran ultra snow to unlock my phone, however... it didnt work. I checked my baseband and its now 05.15.04.. Am I right in saying im now screwed and unlock my phone without upgrading and loosing my GPS to the Ipad baseband of 6.15?

Any help at all would be great, can I downgrade my firmware?

Also if it helps, Cydia has my SHSH files..

cronin_j wrote: »
    Think I have a problem.

I followed this http://www.iclarified.com/entry/comments.php?enid=12949&laid=33

To update my Iphone 3g from 3.1.3 to 4.2.1

I followed everything to a T and then I ran ultra snow to unlock my phone, however... it didnt work. I checked my baseband and its now 05.15.04.. Am I right in saying im now screwed and unlock my phone without upgrading and loosing my GPS to the Ipad baseband of 6.15?

Any help at all would be great, can I downgrade my firmware?

Also if it helps, Cydia has my SHSH files..
    download f0recast and run it with the iphone connected to a pc, it will tell ya if ya can downgrade the baseband, i think it needs bootloader 5.8 but it will tell ya either way if its possible, if it is search cydia for fuzzyband and follow the guide to downgrade the baseband

download f0recast and run it with the iphone connected to a pc, it will tell ya if ya can downgrade the baseband, i think it needs bootloader 5.8 but it will tell ya either way if its possible, if it is search cydia for fuzzyband and follow the guide to downgrade the baseband

It says its not supported unfortunately.

I keep reading dont upgrade to 6.15 if you want to down grade, but i cant find how I can down grade at all..

Help it seems has come in the form of 02's customer service. I explained I bought the phone from a o2 customer and that when I upgraded it Locked the phone.

She sent the unlock request to apple and said in two days I should get a text about unlocking it.

ive only one question now, do I need to do anything other than the normal unlock process? Ie, im running a jailbroken phone at the moment, will this matter?

afaik ya have to uninstall ultrasn0w before ya can unlock it in itunes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Jakmeehan wrote: »
    No you explained clear enough alright.

To directly answer your question - No. You do not need the original sim.

O2 will text your friend when the unlock is processed, then you will need to insert any non-O2 sim and connect the phone to iTunes. iTunes will contact it's servers which in turn will tell iTunes to unlock your phone. Done.

Message came through, stuck in a VF SIM and synced to Itunes but it's still saying SIM not provisioned. Is there a time delay on these things from the Apple end?

did the message say the unlock was ready or that they sent the details to apple and requested the unlock

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 oddsox003

Hi guys,

I have an ipod touch (the newest version) and its frozen. When i turn it on it stays on the apple logo and stops. I have tried resetting it by holding both sleep button and home button at the same time but it just come back to the apple logo problem. :(:(:(

Any ideas how to slove this problem. Thanks

Advertisement