Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAQ: Unlocking, Jailbreak, Cydia, etc - All discussion goes here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭kevpatts

Hey all, I've searched this thread but can't find an answer to this question:

Does the MyWi app use tethering data or normal data. I.e. do I have to get a tethering data package with O2 still or is the data sent as if it was browser/youtube/app store data, which doesn't need a tethering package?

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Daraflats

Thanks, it isn't unlocked by apple though

I wonder if O2 would unlock it for travelling purposes?

Blacktie. wrote: »
    If you got the new iphone 4 directly from apple and didn't go through a carrier it should be unlocked for you already.

AFAIK 4.10.01 isn't unlocked on ultrasnow yet and tbh I wouldn't go down the dodgey route of gevey sims. If you have you're shsh blobs saved I think there's a way to go back but again I'm not sure here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

guys whats up with cydia.
    I cant download any sources from it.

I'm on an iphone 4 on ios4.3.1.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭gzoladz

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=Pv8Fd_8t0ec

Someone posted the above on youtube, twitter, etc. It looks half legit.

Any views?

He is announcing beta release tomorrow...

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Lmao_Man

Pwnage tool 4.3.2 released now.

I'm currently on 4.3 on an iPhone 4,just want a jailbreak(dont really care about unlock tbh).What's my best option ? Would prefer not having to update aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭inkogneetoe

So I'm toying with Jailbreaking and unlocking my 3G. Moving to the uk and not out of contract here yet.

Honestly I'm just nervous about making shoite of my phone. iClarified says that to unlock iOS 4.2.1 on base band 5.14.04 you have to upgrade to the iPad base band which can't be reversed and hence void warranty. Also some reports of people loosing 3G. Can you not just connect the phone and reset to factory default and all is ok?

What steps are best to avoid f-ing it up?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 10,493 ✭✭✭✭guil

if you're with o2 they will unlock it for free, have a look at the sticky
    there's very little chance of breaking the phone by jailbreaking

guil wrote: »
    if you're with o2 they will unlock it for free, have a look at the sticky
    there's very little chance of breaking the phone by jailbreaking

Hi

Ya ive been reading the sticky,so great info. I just dont like the fact of having to use the iPad base band and the "you can not downgrade" part

Im with VF and they wont unlock it until either contract is up or i pay off the remaining months

You mean o2 will do it even in contract??

not much ya can do other than paying off the contract, yes o2 will unlock it at any stage of the contract

Thats ****e.

Right ive done the jailbreak for now.in the process of putting back on apps,music etc. -had thought the jailbreak wouldnt wipe the phone (back-ups done anyway)

Ive noted that there is no 3G icon in the top menu bar now and im in a 3G area with an un JB phone that has full 3G.Story there?

In settings it dosent show any network data either?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I have a 3gs which is on iOS 4.2.1 and jailbroken. The battery life seems to have taken a bit of a nose dive recently so was thinking of doing a full restore of the phone and then updating to the latest iOS. Is it possible for me to jailbreak it again then?

im rightly fecked now,did a restore from backup and all SMS,photos,videos and music gone.....

I backed up the phone before the JB as i did befoe when doing iOS updates and it always worked fine

Is all that data gone now or is it in a file somewhere??

BDJW wrote: »
    I have a 3gs which is on iOS 4.2.1 and jailbroken. The battery life seems to have taken a bit of a nose dive recently so was thinking of doing a full restore of the phone and then updating to the latest iOS. Is it possible for me to jailbreak it again then?

Howdy

Check the iclarified site jailbreak wizard.

http://www.iclarified.com/jailbreak/index.php?go=b

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭F.Galway

Just wondering has anyone used one of these or do they know does it work here.I've seen them on ebay and seems to be the quick solution to unlocking Iphone 4 on 4.2.1 with baseband 3.10.01 and higher.
    http://cgi.ebay.ie/GEVEY-TURBO-SIM-U...-/190519197209

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Missy86

I have an iphone 3g it was on ios 4.2.1. and was on baseband 05.15.04. I have jailbroken it with redsn0w and upgraded to the ipad software and when i go to unlock it with redsn0w through cydia it keeps saying did not find repository.. i am connected to the internet when I'm trying this....

i have been trying to unlock this phone for ages can someone please help me with this I'm just about ready to give up?????

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

I have an iPhone 4 on 4.1 and I want to upgrade to 4.3.2 for the personal hotspot features, iClarified seems to say that 4.3.2 is jailbreak-able, is this correct? Do I use pwnage tool or redsn0w?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Is it possible to unlock baseband for iPhone 4 with firmware 4.3.2 yet?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

the unlock isn't dependent of your firmware, it's all to do with the baseband of your handset, and to be honest, if you're on 4.3.2, it's probably not possible to unlock it, yet.

What i wanna know is, does the greenpois0n jailbreak work for 4.3.2?

I don't like doing the redsnow one, and it takes too long, and takes ages to backup and restore from back up once it's complete!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

eeloe wrote: »
    the unlock isn't dependent of your firmware, it's all to do with the baseband of your handset, and to be honest, if you're on 4.3.2, it's probably not possible to unlock it, yet.

What i wanna know is, does the greenpois0n jailbreak work for 4.3.2?

I don't like doing the redsnow one, and it takes too long, and takes ages to backup and restore from back up once it's complete!

Thanks, I've a jailbroken and factory unlocked iPhone 4, so would I potentially be able to run 4.3.1 or 4.3.2 jailbroken on it?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Yep, since it's factory unlocked, you can do ANYTHING to it, without ****ing it up!

It's amazingly hard to actually make a balls of a jailbreak to be honest!

• Advertisement

justryan wrote: »
    Is it possible to unlock baseband for iPhone 4 with firmware 4.3.2 yet?

iphone 4 ATT unlocked with gevey on three network.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Folks,

Is this jailbreak tethered? Just wondering if I jailbreak my 3GS and I power it off for some reason, will I have to jailbreak again?

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭mar1us

Yes it is,i did my iphone4 4.3.2 and works great

• Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

can a new iphone 4 be jailbroken (without being unlocked to allow different sim cards)? all this baseband stuff confuses me.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭mar1us

Yes u can jailbreak ur phone and worth trust me !
    I supose u have 4.3.2 latest version...

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Rebel021

Is there any solution to for the 4.3.2 appsync
    or a work around to get it working

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 1,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭vinnycoyne

No discussion of piracy / cracked apps, please.

Is there a fix push notifications not working.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Missy86

Missy86 wrote: »
    I have an iphone 3g it was on ios 4.2.1. and was on baseband 05.15.04. I have jailbroken it with redsn0w and upgraded to the ipad software and when i go to unlock it with redsn0w through cydia it keeps saying did not find repository.. i am connected to the internet when I'm trying this....

i have been trying to unlock this phone for ages can someone please help me with this I'm just about ready to give up?????

sorry to post this again but does anyone have any suggestions???? I'm just gona get a new phone if there are no solutions to this............

• Advertisement

ya must of spelt the repo wrong when ya tried to add it, its
    repo666.ultrasn0w.com
    make sure its a 0 and not o between n and w

Advertisement