Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAQ: Unlocking, Jailbreak, Cydia, etc - All discussion goes here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,478 ✭✭✭✭guil

Just want to try it to see what the fuss is about. Thanks anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

guil wrote: »
    Just want to try it to see what the fuss is about. Thanks anyway

surely xbmc does the same job??

Dunno I've never used that either lol.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Apps keep crashing on 6.1 evasion. Jailbreak. Can't figure it out.
    Fml

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Very impressive Tweak - BatteryDoctorPro

bdp-5.png

bdp-4.png

• Advertisement

Once again i can't find something on cydia, I've searched for the above and also looked through the bigboss repo but can't find it

search "batterydoctorpro" (type and press search) - it's got some Chinese letters at the front of it.....

S.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

That battery pro app looks fantastic, cheers for that.

Other than here, where would be the best place to follow news on a possible unlock for the 4S? Any particular websites or twitter feeds?

Thanks I searched that originally but was put off by the Chinese characters

Other than here, where would be the best place to follow news on a possible unlock for the 4S? Any particular websites or twitter feeds?
    I doubt there will ever be a software unlock for the 4s.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

guil wrote: »
    I doubt there will ever be a software unlock for the 4s.

I thought one may be on the way. Any particular reason one wouldn't be in the works?

There hasn't being a new software unlock
    For the iPhone 4 released in nearly 3 years and there was never any for the 4s

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 1,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭vinnycoyne

Please do not post links to piracy related services and apps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Ideo

Wondering if somebody can help me here
    • I have a 3GS running on the latest firmware - 6.1.3 on baseband 06.15.00
    • The phone was previously jailbroken on 4.1
    • I got the phone unlocked by O2 and in order for the unlock to go through I had to restore the firmware so I connected it to iTunes and processed the restore and received an error message - "We're sorry, we are unable to continue with your activation at this time." I can't get passed this screen at the moment.
    • Went on to Apple help page and I understand that this activation error usually relates to previously jailbroken iPhones. So I know why it's occuring
    • I thought about downgrading iOS but I can't from the latest version 6.1.3, I understand that its not possible to downgrade from iOS 6 - anybody know if that is indeed correct?
    • I know I'm a bit of a fool when I was updating the firmware, completely wasn't thinking when I hit restore but now I'm stumped.
    • I guess there is a trace of the jailbreak on the phone which I need to remove in order to activate the phone, but I can't access the phone to do it.
    • Any ideas?

No problem - I just keep an eye on http://www.idownloadblog.com/ & http://www.iclarified.com/ for new stuff, seems like the modders are really stepping it up.....

Anyone else know of good sites to keep upto date with tweak/apps etc?

S.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Ideo wrote: »
    Wondering if somebody can help me here
    • I have a 3GS running on the latest firmware - 6.1.3 on baseband 06.15.00
    • The phone was previously jailbroken on 4.1
    • I got the phone unlocked by O2 and in order for the unlock to go through I had to restore the firmware so I connected it to iTunes and processed the restore and received an error message - "We're sorry, we are unable to continue with your activation at this time." I can't get passed this screen at the moment.
    • Went on to Apple help page and I understand that this activation error usually relates to previously jailbroken iPhones. So I know why it's occuring
    • I thought about downgrading iOS but I can't from the latest version 6.1.3, I understand that its not possible to downgrade from iOS 6 - anybody know if that is indeed correct?
    • I know I'm a bit of a fool when I was updating the firmware, completely wasn't thinking when I hit restore but now I'm stumped.
    • I guess there is a trace of the jailbreak on the phone which I need to remove in order to activate the phone, but I can't access the phone to do it.
    • Any ideas?

If you have your shsh blobs saved you can downgrade it and jailbreak it to get past the activation screen. If not then I'm not sure what you can do to be honest.

Edit. I think I misread what you were saying. Maybe removing mobile substrate could sort it?

If you have your shsh blobs saved you can downgrade it and jailbreak it to get past the activation screen. If not then I'm not sure what you can do to be honest.

Edit. I think I misread what you were saying. Maybe removing mobile substrate could sort it?

Never saved the shsh blobs :o:o

and based on the most recent thread at the following I'm fecked!!

http://blog.iphone-dev.org/post/33546509336/restoration-reinvigoration#idc-container

http://blog.iphone-dev.org/post/33546509336/restoration-reinvigoration#idc-container

it is possible it,s just a lot of back and fourth i have brought a good few 3gs,s back to life from this very problem for customer,s who updated to 6.0 when it first came out.tbh it,s a lot of hassle but it can be done

Actually I used tinyumbrella to find the 4.1 and 4.3.5 blobs
    Can't seem to find 4.1 online but I can fund 4.3 and 4.3.5
    So, do I complete this by using redsn0w I make a custom IPSW using the 4.3.5 SHSH blob and install that way?

Actually I used tinyumbrella to find the 4.1 and 4.3.5 blobs
    Can't seem to find 4.1 online but I can fund 4.3 and 4.3.5
    So, do I complete this by using redsn0w I make a custom IPSW using the 4.3.5 SHSH blob and install that way?

yes once you have,nt briked your baseband it might restore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Try felixbruns.de for the firmware. Although I don't believe it's possible to downgrade 6.1.3 even with blobs.
    http://www.idesigntimes.com/articles/4110/20130320/ios-6-1-3-untethered-jailbreak-iphone.htm

Would downgrading your baseband be an option?
    http://www.coolestguyplanettech.com/fix-gps-phone-3gs-baseband/

Not sure why you needed official unlock as your baseband is on 06.15.00 so ultrasn0w unlocks. Just tether jailbreak it for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭pbarr

I have an Iphone 4s that I'm waiting for an unlock code from Meteor. The agent advised me that when the phone is unlocked and I put in the sim from other provider that the phone will lock on to that network and I won't be able to go back to my original network.
    If this is true can it be prevented?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

pbarr wrote: »
    I have an Iphone 4s that I'm waiting for an unlock code from Meteor. The agent advised me that when the phone is unlocked and I put in the sim from other provider that the phone will lock on to that network and I won't be able to go back to my original network.
    If this is true can it be prevented?
    Not true, load of rubbish, once you receive notice the unlock has been processed put your new networks sim into the phone and plug it into itunes, you phone will download an update and it will be unlocked to all networks

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭pbarr

Thanks Cathal maybe they are trying to put people off putting another sim in their phones. I know I'll be able to put in any sim but by the way he was talking I was going to be stuck on whatever network that the other sim belonged to. You recon I'll be able change networks whenever I want.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭azul

I bought a 3GS which was tied to the Vodafone network. As I didn't have the unlock code I got it jailbroken, Now I got the unlock code, tried resetting the phone and it wont work anymore. Any suggestions? Can it be set to factory settings and how? Cheers.

Was it on ios6. If so you might have bricked the baseband by restoring it

massy086 wrote: »
    yes once you have,nt briked your baseband it might restore

Not sure how I would have bricked my baseband? It's on 06.15.00

Tried to restore to 4.3.5 yesterday, redsn0w is telling me that it's installed on the phone but I can't activate it on itunes? Any ideas?

I'll post full details later when I get home from work

azul wrote: »
    I bought a 3GS which was tied to the Vodafone network. As I didn't have the unlock code I got it jailbroken, Now I got the unlock code, tried resetting the phone and it wont work anymore. Any suggestions? Can it be set to factory settings and how? Cheers.

Azul, I'm in the exact same situation. Use Tinyumbrella to see if you have the SHSH Blobs saved and post results

Not sure how I would have bricked my baseband? It's on 06.15.00

Tried to restore to 4.3.5 yesterday, redsn0w is telling me that it's installed on the phone but I can't activate it on itunes? Any ideas?

I'll post full details later when I get home from work

Azul, I'm in the exact same situation. Use Tinyumbrella to see if you have the SHSH Blobs saved and post results
    by updating the phone on 06.15.00 through itunnes that is how you probably bricked the baseband and that is why its not letting you activate

massy086 wrote: »
    by updating the phone on 06.15.00 through itunnes that is how you probably bricked the baseband and that is why its not letting you activate

Crap, didn't realise that. I saw on the dev page that there is a way to downgrade 06.15.00 to one of the 05... Versions specifically on 3GS handsets. You seem to be in the know massey086, any ideas?

And would it have bricked from a 04... to a .06 or from 06 to 06?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭red bellied

Crap, didn't realise that. I saw on the dev page that there is a way to downgrade 06.15.00 to one of the 05... Versions specifically on 3GS handsets. You seem to be in the know massey086, any ideas?

And would it have bricked from a 04... to a .06 or from 06 to 06?

Use Sn0wbreeze to restore your phone. There is a fix now for changing baseband 6.15 to a downgrade which is unlocked by ultrasn0w, your phone will have to have blobs saved in cydia to restore through sn0wbreeze.

Advertisement