Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches ***Please NO QUOTING PHOTOS***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

oxocube wrote: »
    Nice watch and taking style cues from the Longines Hydroconquest. I like it :cool:

For the 30 odd I paid for it very happy with it but it does have 2 minor issues.

Firstly, the rotor is pretty noisy.

Secondly, there is lume on the dial but nothing on the hands which is baffling. Just do both or none.

This is going to be like my other Chinese watch. Wear for a while and then disassemble and learn how they work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Nolimits

I've wanted a seiko samurai for a long time. Saw these limited edition one recently and loved the colours, but they were all sold out. I just did a random search a few days ago in case anyone had got any more back in stock and found that I could buy it straight from seiko.

cI4kDGqm.jpg

q8AR7g8m.jpg

PZ0HwOGm.jpg

rqHoTg1m.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭Ryath

Nolimits wrote: »
    I've wanted a seiko samurai for a long time. Saw these limited edition one recently and loved the colours, but they were all sold out. I just did a random search a few days ago in case anyone had got any more back in stock and found that I could buy it straight from seiko.

That really is nice not a bad price either considering it's a ltd ed. If I wasn't skint I'd nearly go into my overdraft but the wife would kill me. I've a dslr I need to sell this might be the kick up the hole I need to go to the bother!
    https://store.seiko.ie/collections/seiko/products/srpd03k1

I'll never afford a Omega Planet Ocean but this is nearly as nice
    Seiko-Prospex-Dawn-Grey-Samurai-SRPD03K1-1.jpg?w=735&ssl=1

Better selection of mechanical than there used to be. The Seiko 5's are still way overpriced twice what you'd pay online but some of the higher end stuff isn't too much more especially if you managed to get 10% off in the Jewellers.
    https://store.seiko.ie/collections/seiko/mechanical?sort_by=price-ascending

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭porker36

bought as an everyday watch, Seiko SKX japan edition, my first Seiko and im impressed with it

465764.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,822 ✭✭✭893bet

Nolimits wrote: »

Very tasty! Only 10mm thick? I’d would say it wears nice on the wrist?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,880 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Ryath wrote: »
    That really is nice not a bad price either considering it's a ltd ed. If I wasn't skint I'd nearly go into my overdraft but the wife would kill me. I've a dslr I need to sell this might be the kick up the hole I need to go to the bother!
    https://store.seiko.ie/collections/seiko/products/srpd03k1

I'll never afford a Omega Planet Ocean but this is nearly as nice

Better selection of mechanical than there used to be. The Seiko 5's are still way overpriced twice what you'd pay online but some of the higher end stuff isn't too much more especially if you managed to get 10% off in the Jewellers.
    https://store.seiko.ie/collections/seiko/mechanical?sort_by=price-ascending

That is lovely well wear

• Registered Users Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭Ryath

Cyrus wrote: »
    That is lovely well wear

Ahh! It's Nolimits you should be complimenting. :) I'm only dreaming about buying it!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Nolimits

893bet wrote: »
    Very tasty! Only 10mm thick? I’d would say it wears nice on the wrist?

I haven't actually sized it yet, so I haven't been wearing it.

First automatic. The Orient FET0P003W0 - I couldn't resist those flamed blue hands.

XNHPEj5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭RMDrive

Picked up this Seiko Presage SSA343 in the states last week. Very happy with it. Love the sunburst and the blue touches on the hands.
    Needs a new strap (the patent leather is giving me first communion flashbacks) but overall I think it's a beautiful watch.

465817.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭Ionised

RMDrive wrote: »
    Picked up this Seiko Presage SSA343 in the states last week. Very happy with it. Love the sunburst and the blue touches on the hands.
    Needs a new strap (the patent leather is giving me first communion flashbacks) but overall I think it's a beautiful watch.

Similar but different. SSA363J1 that arrived a few days ago. I must admit to getting a bit of an obsession with the newer Presage models.

31942629428_b8976421ac_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭oxocube

Seikos are a slow burner on me. I have two divers and I really like their Presage models. The GS are fantastic!

I will own one :)

Anyone know what this watch is? Seen it on another forum and its a peach :cool:

465944.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,252 ✭✭✭✭endacl

oxocube wrote: »
    Anyone know what this watch is? Seen it on another forum and its a peach :cool:
    About 10 seconds on Google revealed:

"The first ever Grand Seiko 9F quartz GMT caliber"

https://www.grand-seiko.com/us-en/news/pressrelease/20180830/

endacl wrote: »
    About 10 seconds on Google revealed:

"The first ever Grand Seiko 9F quartz GMT caliber"

https://www.grand-seiko.com/us-en/news/pressrelease/20180830/

Oops. Need to brush up on my Googling skills :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,108 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Been wearing this the last few days.

466058.jpg

Longines from 1911/12. Yeah. Mad. Near the beginning of the idea of the modern wristwatch*. Still going strong and it's not too small at 40mm end to end and 33 in width, sans crown(which makes it definitely a "man's" watch). Though I reckon it's overdue a proper service.

*for men. Women had been wearing small pocket watches on straps for many moons before. The very first reference for a wristwatch - or bracelet watch, or as she describes it an Arm watch - known was made as a present to the English Queen, Elizabeth the First. Hence the uptake for men's wristwatches was initially low at the start as they were considered "women's watches".

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,244 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I genuinely thought I was done buying for a while, but there's something wrong with me.

Lovely build quality, great lume and very legible - even though there's not a lot of contrast between the hands and face.

Not 100% sure about the rubber strap (they're just not my thing), but due to the proprietary mechanism and the 1500 price tag for a bracelet, I'll learn to like it.

30984611687_0ee035b209_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭shutup

Eoin wrote: »
    I genuinely thought I was done buying for a while, but there's something wrong with me.

How many watches do you have?

8 I think

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

8 I think

You think :rolleyes:

Lovely piece Eoin... bought from new?

• Advertisement

mad m wrote: »
    You think :rolleyes:

Lovely piece Eoin... bought from new?

Nah, I buy everything secondhand (just checked, and it's 9 - I also picked up a G-shock recently too).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭Darwin

This Oris Williams was on my watch list for quite a while but I was never going to pay retail for it. I saw it recently on amazon US listed by a grey market seller at a great price, so snapped it up:

[URL="[img]https://i.imgur.com/xlqRN7k.jpg[/img]"]xlqRN7k.jpg[/URL]

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭Captainsatnav

Darwin wrote: »
    This Oris Williams was on my watch list for quite a while but I was never going to pay retail for it. I saw it recently on amazon US listed by a grey market seller at a great price, so snapped it up:

*NOPE*

Nice one. Pre owned? Much of a saving?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭Darwin

It was a refurb, but arrived pretty much as new. Saved around 50% of RRP after import duty.

Darwin wrote: »
    It was a refurb, but arrived pretty much as new. Saved around 50% of RRP after import duty.

Ah yes - the old import duty. I find myself automatically filtering out anything from outside EEA on Chrono 24.

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭fulladapipes

Same here. I've managed to find myself a couple of trustworthy sources in the EU. I'll pay more than buying in the US but at least have certainty about the price and can even visit their offices (which I have done).
    Ah yes - the old import duty. I find myself automatically filtering out anything from outside EEA on Chrono 24.

Starting wearing this again the last couple of weeks. Trying to preserve my Tag Monza as I'm trying to sell it. Forgot how much I actually like this Tsovet.

466426.jpg

Ionised wrote: »
    Similar but different. SSA363J1 that arrived a few days ago. I must admit to getting a bit of an obsession with the newer Presage models.

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4898/31942629428_b8976421ac_b.jpg

I think I had only seen this pic while using my mobile, and only just saw this dial properly on a monitor - that's a cracker.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭VW 1

Starting wearing this again the last couple of weeks. Trying to preserve my Tag Monza as I'm trying to sell it. Forgot how much I actually like this Tsovet.

A real beauty, can you share the model name/number if you have it handy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭Ionised

I think I had only seen this pic while using my mobile, and only just saw this dial properly on a monitor - that's a cracker.

It is even better in the flesh too. Now I just have to find the dark blue version :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement