Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 2003 Heatwave in France

Options
  • 07-03-2009 8:43am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭

By that logic, the French government committed genocide in 2003 on their own people.

Clicky

Having lived some few years in France I can say the so called unexpected choas massive heat wave event 2003 that killed thousands of Older Parisians all easily predictable fits the requirement for the French states for Eugenics programs and a cull of the older folks straining the neo communist regime of France.But thats another story for another thread.Must say enjoyed my trip back to see France last week for a week but its much more police state than in the 1990 era which I knew

Derry

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Veni Vedi Vici

derry wrote: »
    Must say enjoyed my trip back to see France last week for a week but its much more police state than in the 1990 era which I knew

Can you elaborate on this? It might be worth a new thread in its own right if you feel you have enough knowledge. Police states discussions always seem to revolve around the US. I'd be interested to read up on a conversation concerning the EU.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

derry wrote: »
    Having lived some few years in France I can say the so called unexpected choas massive heat wave event 2003 that killed thousands of Older Parisians all easily predictable fits the requirement for the French states for Eugenics programs and a cull of the older folks straining the neo communist regime of France.But thats another story for another thread.Must say enjoyed my trip back to see France last week for a week but its much more police state than in the 1990 era which I knew

Derry

I was in Paris at this time and it was probably the worst heat I've ever experienced, walking down the street was difficult. So what you're suggesting is utter rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

meglome wrote: »
    I was in Paris at this time and it was probably the worst heat I've ever experienced, walking down the street was difficult. So what you're suggesting is utter rubbish.

Paris can very hot in summers. Been inland, and the heat the city gives off too.

I was there also. Heatwave won't kill people to that scale. Heatwaves is not a new phenonomon in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

mysterious wrote: »
    Paris can very hot in summers. Been inland, and the heat the city gives off too.

I was there also. Heatwave won't kill people to that scale. Heatwaves is not a new phenonomon in fairness.

neither is people dieing in heatwaves

Heat Waves

I would say it's lack of hydration more than anything else.

I'm skeptical about the french heatwave. France is a warm country. They can tolerate heat. the heatwave is a few degrees higher than normal. But I fail to see why so many people died from it.

Maybe the government went. like
    **** this I think we need to kill as many old people as we can, to ease the burden on the pensions. I'm not saying this is true. I'm just throwing it out there.

• Advertisement

**** this I think we need to kill as many old people as we can, to ease the burden on the pensions. I'm not saying this is true. I'm just throwing it out there.

Lets hope Cowen isn't taking any leafs out of Sarkozy's book then. :)

Lets hope Cowen isn't taking any leafs out of Sarkozy's book then. :)

I don't want to get anymore O.T

Cowen needs to read a book called. hang up the jacket, if you cant lead the country.

No leader should carry on the way he does. Leaders don't sit and "moan and blame others for the current problems"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

Okay I'll try again. I was there at that time and it wasn't just hot it was unbelievably hot. I'd hate to think how any old person who wasn't in full health would have got on. Oh wait lots of them died.

Seems you're an expert on heat waves too, who would've thunk it.

Sorry Bonkey. But to be honest this thread doesn't have a leg to stand on anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

'sokay...I've split the thread

• Registered Users Posts: 16,156 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Can I ask what's being implied in this thread? Did this heatwave just affect Paris?

/Tries to stop giggling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,475 ✭✭✭drkpower

Maybe the government went. like

Maybe have a think about how stupid it sounds before "throwing it out there".........

• Registered Users Posts: 25,232 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

So what's the conspiracy exactly?
    Did the French government make a heat wave to kill old people for some reason?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭DubTony

So Sarkozy and his buddies are using the climate change thing to their advantage? We should get them over here to throw a bit of sunshine on our fair isle. Methinks this thread is a waste of server power. :pac:

King Mob wrote: »

I'm trying to figure that much out as well.

DubTony wrote: »
    We should get them over here to throw a bit of sunshine on our fair isle. :pac:

God knows my pale pig hide needs it. :D

King Mob wrote: »

The suggestion appears to be that they leveraged one.

Also...for the record, cause several people seem to have forgotten...Sarkozy was 4 years away from office in 2003.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭DubTony

bonkey wrote: »
    The suggestion appears to be that they leveraged one.

Also...for the record, cause several people seem to have forgotten...Sarkozy was 4 years away from office in 2003.

:D
    In this thread, is it really relevant who was in power in France? We're talking about the possible manipulation of the weather and using it to kill old people. Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy may as well have been the President and Prime Minister.

DubTony wrote: »
    :D
    In this thread, is it really relevant who was in power in France? We're talking about the possible manipulation of the weather and using it to kill old people. Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy may as well have been the President and Prime Minister.

dont be such a muppet :p

indough wrote: »
    dont be such a muppet :p

Cheesy but if you had resisted the urge I would have said it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Heatwaves are uncommon heat, not heat, uncommon heat.

I lived in Greece for a while and when there was a heatwave (uncommon) you'd get Greek pensioners dying due to dehydration. Greek pensioners are not old frail things like up in this corner of Europe, they are seemingly much more active and fighting fit. Yet still they die in uncommon heat surges.

How would the heat be turned up in France anyway? What method could the government increase the countries heat? (and does it involve chemtrails..)

• Advertisement

Gordon wrote: »

How would the heat be turned up in France anyway? What method could the government increase the countries heat? (and does it involve chemtrails..)

I bet the answer is HAARP and its alleged weather control technology. I don't subscribe to that theory at all.

I bet the answer is HAARP and its alleged weather control technology. I don't wubwcribe to that theory at all.

yeah ive heard that one too many times myself

I'm trying to figure that much out as well.

Well logic, would mean, that old people are a boon to the the states coffers.

Government look at people like numbers, you pay taxes. When a government is running short, the panick button is on.

Oh yeah, we live in a serene world, where every government is fairly good people.

But yeah I'm just saying. Such a normal world, and only normal things happen. But at least, I'm doing a smart thing, throwing questions out there. More people should do this, its a great tool.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

this could be what happened in Victoria too, the government tried to kill off people by 'Orchestrating' a heat wave, cours whhen that only killed about 40 people they decided to set huge tracts of the countryside on fire instread, :rolleyes:

those who know me here will know that its notr very oftten that I dismiss a theory as just bad taste nonsense, but this, seriously.

is the OP trying to suggest that the French government in a Shipmanesque manner went round to all these old people houses and killed them ( faking heatwave like symptoms) using the heatwave as a cover.

or just that the French Govt decided to neglect its elderley in the hope that swathes of them would shuffle off and die, hence saving the state their measley pittance of a pension and keepin them from clutterin up the shoppin centres with their slow movin walkin frames.

I'm a fairly open minded person when it comes to CT's, but I cant see one here

• Registered Users Posts: 16,156 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Did the heatwave only affect Paris? What about the west coast where thousands of tourists were spending their tourist euro? Why batter those senseless with 40 degree heat? Why kill them with heatwave generated tornadoes?

In most CTs, there's a large element of CS missing.

Here's another one: Why do older people die (seemingly) more easily? It must be a govt conspiracy.

Feeling old? Look out, the men in the grey suits are coming to kill you off.

The ultimate insult: murdered by a bean counter.

/runs off laughing hysterically.

So it would seem that having given this a thread of its own, no-one actually who made the original "conspiracy" comments wants to take it seriously.

I suggest we lock this.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭derry

bonkey wrote: »
    So it would seem that having given this a thread of its own, no-one actually who made the original "conspiracy" comments wants to take it seriously.

I suggest we lock this.

Seems this a seperate new thread which they deivided from the main thread Obama killing cull for the nativive indians in the USA
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055491559&page=2

Having lived Paris for one year I can say it gets guite hot in August and younger Paris population often heads of on summer Holidays in August if they can .Old age pensioners often go on holidays in September when it cheaper and cooler.So all services like hospitals doctors police and charities like help the aged are running on minimum staff.It doesnt take a lot of extra heat and a bit of foot dragging from the top to ensure death rates would climb very quickly before the city would detect a problem.Sorta mercy killing with neglect style.Sarcozy wasnt there in that time. One old age French pensioner told me in Sept 1992 that the then Head of state Meterand made the vote for the France to get some EU treaty passed in September as he knew the pensioners would be away on holidays and unable to vote as they would definitly vote no in droves to keep France from getting too closely involved with Europe. The vote passed with a yes vote just so nothing like a bit of conspiring on how to get around the French old age pensioners .Even better in 2003 ensure the French dead ones dont vote ever again

Ralf

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭derry

Can you elaborate on this? It might be worth a new thread in its own right if you feel you have enough knowledge. Police states discussions always seem to revolve around the US. I'd be interested to read up on a conversation concerning the EU.

The Police presence on trains checking things out and on the roads is bigger than I remember in !999 when I left France .More of my French friends complain about police harasment for minor offences that years ago were were overlooked and the French seem more scared of the police than before .

I got cuaght by the cheese police smuggling out my 3.5KG French Camambert cheese as in 10 packets of 350 grams of Cambert cost €1.50 euros a pack about 1/4 the price of ROI shops.They said I couldnt bring 3.5KGs on the plane as hand luggage. It would have to go in the case in the hold .Problem was the case in the hold was chock a block with bottles of plonk drink so it was on right the weight limit .If I put the cheese in that case the price for the extra 3.5kg would cost me $100 euros.So I was forced to either bin it or eat it.So I ate one hoping they would cop that it is actually real cheese and not some sort of new wheapon but nothing doing and so I had to bin 9 packets of Cambert .I tried to argue that its only liquids that are banned from the cabin luggage but they wouldnt listen .I think they figure Camabert is liquid cheese where as cheedar cheese is solid cheese .Real blank wall stuff we have our orders from on top from Sarcozy in France .
    I wouldnt mind but Sarcozy isnt even true blue French as he is a Hungarian drop in who likes right wing concepts like catch the cheese smuglers .

Me I was expecting the problems at the ROI end for smuggling in cheese .I mean even in Turkey when they saw in the Xray the 30 Kilos of Turkish cheese I statched in the case the checkers thought they hit the moter load as it looked liked a big drugs statch and they seperated me from the rest of the plane.When they opened the bags and saw the cheeese they called all the security to come see this new form of smuggling and let me on my way so I was spared the midnight express .But not the French.

Anyway I am still ahead on the beating the ROI shops for food and drinks even with the cost to fly factored in and lossing this batch of cheese .Next time I will mold the Cambert into a shape like a statue of a those devil monsters Gargoiles they have hanging of churches and see if I can get the cheese out that way

Derry

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

You're a cheese smuggler? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

Gordon wrote: »
    Heatwaves are uncommon heat, not heat, uncommon heat.

Greek pensioners are not old frail things like up in this corner of Europe, they are seemingly much more active and fighting fit. Yet still they die in uncommon heat surges.

What made the french situation worse was the fact that many buildings in Paris have roofs made of tin. This was to help with insulation during the winter. During the summer, and especially during excessive heat as happened in 2003, some of these building can turn into ovens.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement