Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Definitive Limerick Restaurant and Takeaway Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭LimerickCity

Went to Verona in dooradoyle for coffee on Friday and it looks great , no sample of food but great addition it looks like

Was in there on Friday also for a quick bite.

BLT on nice crust bread with a side salad and my wife had something similar.

Very nice service and the food was lovely.

Went there just before noon and the place had a lovely atmosphere.

Looks like it is doing well which is a good thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,570 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Gave El Toro a try last night.
    I must say it was disappointing, we had 2 combo platters to get a flavour of as much as possible.
    The chicken both roast, and skewered was ok.
    Nothing special but passable roast chicken with an attempt at bbq flavour.
    The skewered beefagain was just ok and the sausage was poor imo.
    I was expecting maybe a bit too much for the sausage but to my fast it was mealy and a mush of flavour rather than anything memorable.
    Biggest disappointment for me was the pulled pork, it was very bland with no flavour at all imbued by whichever cooking process or rub they use.
    Without the sauce it basically tasted like unseasoned slow cooked pork shoulder(which it is) the flavour should come from the marination and cooking rather than a coating of sauce.
    I've had better pulled pork from a slow cooker on a kitchen counter top, not to mind actually slow bbq'd/smoked .

The sides again were ok, but nothing stood as good let alone exceptional.
    I was hoping for better, not diner's, drive ins and dives standard but maybe something in Limerick that could compete with Bison or BBQ bros in Dublin....
    On last night's meal El Toro isn't there yet, but here's hoping 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭moby2101

Went back to the Treasury for a meal with friends over the weekend. Z..
    Very disappointed..3rd visit in as many months, had been impressed on previous visits service appallingly slow. Great starters, rib eye was muck(5e supplement) and poor deserts..
    Wasn't overly busy on the night, need to up their game

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Treasury menu doesnt seem to be on their site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭hurler32

probably been discussed before but is there somewhere does a Saturday or sunday evening Chinese buffet ie 5-6pm?...and if so where / which is best ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭shaka

Popped into Crokers in Murroe last weekend, hadn't been there in a while. Had the fillet steak and have to say it was beautiful. Surprised how good a cut of meat it was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Lamb rendang curry from Kaya - thumbs up!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Had Kaya for the first time last night. Really nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Lamb rendang curry from Kaya - thumbs up!

Had the same dish for lunch there today with a friend. We both thought it was delicious.

My third time eating there and I'm a big fan now. Great service too.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Sinead Mc1

Mad! Was just about to ask the thread for recommendations for Kaya as eatingvthere at weekend! Any advice on starters?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

With the weekend coming up, where would the nicest pizza I could get delivered to me in Castletroy. Have been to Four Star, Superbites, Express Pizza and Star Pizza.

Nothing wrong with those I've listed above but are they the best pizza's you can get in Limerick?

Forget about Dominos as they are gorgeous but expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    With the weekend coming up, where would the nicest pizza I could get delivered to me in Castletroy. Have been to Four Star, Superbites, Express Pizza and Star Pizza.

Nothing wrong with those I've listed above but are they the best pizza's you can get in Limerick?

My friends get Turkuaz about twice a week. I don't like pizza but everything else they do is amazing.

16-inch pizza, chips and 2 drinks for €9.99. €10 minimum delivery charge and garlic sauce for €1 is absolutely amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

Dominos are cheap if you use one of the vouchers on the back of the Dunnes receipts. They often have really good deals on their website too.

Failing that - i really like Casa Nova pizzas, they deliver too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

Is eddie rockets still on o'connell st or is it now rockin joes? Anyone any recommendations of casual eateries that would stil be open at 10ish tonight in around city centre

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

gg2 wrote:
    Is eddie rockets still on o'connell st or is it now rockin joes? Anyone any recommendations of casual eateries that would stil be open at 10ish tonight in around city centre

its joes now. still alright

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

Was in the Chicken Hut today, and have to say that the portions are getting very small. Still good though, but getting smaller. Anyone else feel the same?

gg2 wrote: »

I think its Rockin' Joes now. Bambu right beside it is casual and perfectly acceptable for a quick dinner. Kaya across the road too is good, also the two Japanese places in the city are good. But not sure if they would be open that late.

If all else fails - C.Hut.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,159 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

mrsoundie wrote: »
    Was in the Chicken Hut today, and have to say that the portions are getting very small. Still good though, but getting smaller. Anyone else feel the same?

Have not been in there in ages and never when I was sober at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭MomijiHime

Is there a new Japanese restaurant to open on Bedford Row?

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭jmch81

MomijiHime wrote: »
    Is there a new Japanese restaurant to open on Bedford Row?
    The signage has gone up on the outside, Japanese and Thai food.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

I was in the French Table on Saturday night on Steamboat Quay. Excellent food & service. Would def recommend

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

The French table is indeed a fine spot to eat in, excellent service in particular.
    The Treasury got a glowing review in this months Food and Wine mag, haven't had a chance to eat there yet but I'm looking forward to it.

The new chipper/pizza place on Henry street (Gino's) is fairly decent, we had chips, pizza, lasagne and southern fried chicken from there last week, all were good, chips as good as anywhere in town, pizza was good, nice thin base, good cheese and sauce. The lasagne was actually gorgeous. Chicken was good as well, retained it's juiciness and had a lovely coating. I hope it stays open as I live quite close by and it's always handy to have a decent takeaway on your doorstep for those lazy evenings.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,749 ✭✭✭squonk

Where on Henry St. is Ginos?

The top or bottom depending on how you look at it, it's opposite the movie drome

The top or bottom depending on how you look at it, it's opposite the movie drome

Top of O'Curry street by the car garage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

We've now been to Amber for the third time, and yet again we had very good food (good quality ingredients, well cooked). So I hope they stay around (there have been so many restaurants in that place over the years).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Louche Lad wrote: »
    We've now been to Amber for the third time, and yet again we had very good food (good quality ingredients, well cooked). So I hope they stay around (there have been so many restaurants in that place over the years).

Where's this and what type of cuisine?

Edit:
    I decided I was not a complete lazy fecker and broke out Google :)
    http://www.amberlimerick.eu

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 8,749 ✭✭✭squonk

Parchment wrote: »
    Top of O'Curry street by the car garage.

Is that not The Hot Corner or has that changed management?

squonk wrote: »
    Is that not The Hot Corner or has that changed management?

It's all Italians in there now, fresh fish and chips and a nice range of pasta dishes along with the pizza. They also seem to do hot dogs but I don't know what type of sausage they are using,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭5unflower

I know that weekend is long over, and you were asking about a place that delivers, but anyone in the Castletroy area should really not rely on having a pizza from the usual places delivered - just call into La Cucina, for one of the nicest pizzas possibly in the whole country :cool:

Advertisement