Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scumbag Garda.... (Shane Waldron)

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

ScumLord wrote: »
    ... a lad was trying to jump in a river and kill himself and they just said "what are we supposed to do about it".

What ARE they supposed to do about it? They are our police force not a free baby-sitting service. If someone wants to spend their time "trying" to jump in a river, I for one would rather have the Gardaí available to respond to actual emergencies/crimes. I'm sure this Waldron berk will be shown the door before long. People won't want to be stationed with the likes of him. Also, of course he hasn't been dismissed yet, do you normally see people being fired before being convicted of anything?

We're satisfied we carried out a thorough investigation," Senior Investigating Officer with the Garda Ombudsman Commission, Sara Robinson said.
    "It has fallen on a technicality and this will now be considered by the DPP and ourselves".

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

So instead of the guards stopping him we should send the rescue forces to fish out a dead body?

If one of your relations jumped into the sea you wouldn't be even a little upset if the guards had the opportunity to prevent it and didn't?

I'm from a small town, these guards had nothing better for doing. What exactly are they there for?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

axiom32 wrote: »
    is this not a time for us the public to stand up and voice or opinions .....im sure we can get the superintendents or whoever is in charge email and bombard him with polite reminders that we the public wont stand for this **** being on our streets being paid with our tax money...this guy needs to be transfered out of our city ....i mean like oranmore is hardly crime central send this woman beater to moyross if he is such a tough guy

I live in Limerick!!! We'd love to have ye put Robocop on the next Bus Eireann service to Limerick and have him intimidate our career Criminals!!!!

This guy sounds like he is tough as nails, uncompromising and above all fair.

Anyone know if his girlfriend from the night in question is still with him? If she is I hope she never, ever serves him a cold dinner.

- I wonder if she took the stand and if she did [or had] would she have remembered the sequence of events as clearly as the other eye witnesses.

Glad the legal scum made another few thousand quid peddling their sad, sorry, scumbag trade - they're worse than Bankers......

There's another thread on Dirty Harry here (Link)

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭paulhannon

WHAT A ****!
    TYPICAL CONDUCT OF THE GUARDS OF LATE, COWARDS!
    lazy, waste of money ****ing money

edit all you want to.
    reason for editing:
    i stand by my use of language as a way to express my anger! send all the points you want!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 468 ✭✭VanhireBoys

Well lads we just have to get over ourselves and forget about it...!

If you do wrong you will be punished if a Garda does wrong then he gets off scot free - they obviously can do what they want - when they want.

The Garda ombudisman is supposed to protect against this sort of behaviour but they fell at the first fence .... ! A complete joke

Being from Donegal I have seen all the goings on of the Gardai over the 90's. I have witnessed assault, drink driving, drunk on duty, dereliction of care, tampering with evidence and intimidation of witnesses first hand. Dont kid yourself I seen it happen

There was no point in me reporting this - just a waste of time. They are the Gardai.... Remember the "Magnum Force"..? Same story

I do feel sorry for the good honest, hardworking, decent, fair and respectable Garda who never gets any recognition or thanks for what he does..!

Unfortunately a p**ck like Waldron tarnishes this poor fellas reputation along with the Forces...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭cashville

Absolute disgrace.

I'm sure the are some hard working, respectable Gardai out there who are a credit to the force. However, any dealing I ever had with them has been completely negative, and then this chap back-handing a young lady and getting away with it.

The opinion I have formed through my own personal experiences would amount to 'f*ck the police'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

What a scumbag, I think he should be asked to step down for the good of the rest of Gardai, one story like this kills 10 stories of genuine Garda bravery. I think as citizens it's your duty to report every single incident of Garda malpractice you come across, that way should a person like like this come before the courts again there is a number of stories to further back up the case. I really would not want to ever get assistance from this officer in my life ever, I would hope no female would ever be in a position to have to deal with this man again, ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

He's human, he was being a prick, had probably been drinking, he's not representative of all Gardaí.

Please no more "He's a scumbag" comments. It's getting tedious.

I'm just embaressed and justifiably suspicious that the case fell through on an administrative error. That doesn't help restore the battered trust of the people in the civil service, the legislature or the government.

Common sense would suggest that he is to be "handled" in a less public fashion. Dirt tends to stain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭galwayguy22

po0k wrote: »
    Please no more "He's a scumbag" comments. It's getting tedious.

WHAT a scumbag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

This whole situation is just sad. Not something to jump for joy about because lets face it we all may be critical of the gardai but we all hold on to that hope that those entrusted with upholding the law will not be protected if they themselves break it and bring the name of the gardai into question and disrepute.

Hopefully this women is ok and at the end of the day if in difficulty is not faced with any reservations or fears when needing gardai assistance.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

As a great man once said "its a disgrace, a shambles".

I could go on a big anti-Garda rant, citing all the various shocking things which I've seen some of it's members get up to over the years, but what's the point.

I will say this though.
    A major problem which seems to urgently need addressing is the problem of (mainly young male) members of the force getting carried away on a massive power trip and acting aggressively and intimidatory towards members of the public.

I've had several unpleasant encounters with young Gardaí, more so when I was younger.
    I won't go into all the specifics but in all cases there was no wrong-doing on my part.
    Most of the incidents occured after I was pulled over in my car.

I've had them come right up in my face, poke me, search me and my vehicle with no grounds, etc.

Fair enough if they have to go through their usual rountine of 'who owns the car', 'where are you coming from', etc, etc.
    But for the love of God, why not be polite, civil and respectful whilst doing so.
    I should add that I'm not a smart-arse and would answer all such questions politely.

One occasion in particular springs to mind.
    I was driving down the M50 in an fairly decent motor, I was 23.
    Next thing I noticed a marked Garda car in the outside lane.
    The two occupants were viguorously gesturing at me and swerving their vehicle at me.

I pulled over into the hard shoulder and they stopped, ran over to my car and yanked open the door and pulled out the keys.

The long and the short of it was, they had mistook me for joyrider (I do look pretty young for my age).
    After showing them licence, insurance, etc, I thought they would leave and perhaps even be big enough to apologise.
    No, they seemed determined at this point to find something on me to prove themselves right in some way.
    They then proceeded to search me, my friend and my car for drugs.
    Asking me "how can the likes of you afford a flash motor like this", etc.
    (I should say I've no previous convictions and certainly wouldn't
    be on Pulse as a suspected drug dealer.)

I asked politely "why are you doing this?"
    The response "because we can" was hissed right into my face.

They eventually fecked off leaving me feeling completely violated by the whole episode.

As I said before, this over-agressive, power-trip mentality has to be drummed out of these clowns if people like myself are to have any respect / faith in the Gardaí...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

He's human, he was being a prick, had probably been drinking

I totally disagree.

You cannot excuse this guys actions by saying he was drunk and acting like a prick.

We all know people who turn into idiots when they have drink taken, but how many of them strike a woman? What he did was lower than low. What makes this particular incident even worse is the fact that he flouted his perceived authority by making such statements as 'do you know who I am' and flashing his badge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭hedgeh0g

Where is this aggressive garda based?

Would it make any difference to write a letter to his superiors at the station where he is based voicing your opinion?

Do you know who we are?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

He's human, he was being a prick, had probably been drinking,
    I don't accept this excuse from anybody! ESPECIALLY a guard. I have never been violent on any form of drug. That sounds unlikely in this country but I don't ever get aggressive on drugs. Drugs! In general.

In fairness the illegal drugs don't lead to violence as esaly as drink but even so, I've never lost the run of myself on drink and don't understand how others can.

Being drunk is no excuse, in this country people are allowed to get away with all sorts because their drunk. It's the end all of cures. You can do whatever stupid **** comes into your head because you where drunk and we've all been there. It's pure and utter bollox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

I think this country needs a revolution.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

I think this country needs a revolution.

you get the pitchforks, i'll get the beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

Drink or drugs is no excuse. You're either a person who hits women or you're not!! If you do it once you will probably do it again. Studies back this up

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

hedgeh0g wrote: »
    Where is this aggressive garda based?
    From the original newspaper article:
    Shane Waldron (29), based at Oranmore station in Co Galway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 hurling mad fan

ScumLord wrote: »
    Yes god forbid because there's very little they'll do for you, all they seem to be is professional shoulder shrugers. Any time I've had to call the guards I've always got the impression they where more pissed off with me for disturbing them. I once rang them saying a lad was trying to jump in a river and kill himself and they just said "what are we supposed to do about it".

will everyone of you people get a grip.. yes his girlfriend is still with him and why wouldnt she be.. he is supposed to be an excellent guard and havin to deal with this **** im sure he could do without.. look up and get proper information on him and you will realise that ms collins was only asked to share a cab and yes he shouldnt have shown the badge but as soon as she saw this she thought it would be an easy way of makin money.. or so she thought.. the guards do an amount of work and are given no respect. look at america and how highly respected they are. we should do the same. im sure garda shane waldron is sorry he showed his badge but under no circumstances did he strike the woman and anyone that believes this is foolish. he has worked very hard to get his position of work and im sure he would not be so foolish and im sure he wasnt. grow up and cop on to yourselves. if this was you or me that was out on a night out and this happened nothing would have been made of it but as soon as a guard is mentioned a big deal is made of it. they are human too and have a few pints , hes a young man, he is well entitled to.. give him a break and grow up.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

will everyone of you people get a grip.. yes his girlfriend is still with him and why wouldnt she be.. he is supposed to be an excellent guard and havin to deal with this **** im sure he could do without.. look up and get proper information on him and you will realise that ms collins was only asked to share a cab and yes he shouldnt have shown the badge but as soon as she saw this she thought it would be an easy way of makin money.. or so she thought.. the guards do an amount of work and are given no respect. look at america and how highly respected they are. we should do the same. im sure garda shane waldron is sorry he showed his badge but under no circumstances did he strike the woman and anyone that believes this is foolish. he has worked very hard to get his position of work and im sure he would not be so foolish and im sure he wasnt. grow up and cop on to yourselves. if this was you or me that was out on a night out and this happened nothing would have been made of it but as soon as a guard is mentioned a big deal is made of it. they are human too and have a few pints , hes a young man, he is well entitled to.. give him a break and grow up.
    Do you know who you are?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 hurling mad fan

Drink or drugs is no excuse. You're either a person who hits women or you're not!! If you do it once you will probably do it again. Studies back this up

this is my second responce because im so mad.. garda waldron did not strike this woman the court shows and the case was thrown out.. when ever you all stop talkin ****e about something ye know nothing about.. his girlfriend was with him and it was all blown totally out of proportion. He is well respected in his community in galway and for good cause. find someone else to point fingers at ye dick heads

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

He got off on a technicality. The prosecution had failed to provide proof of a necessary commencement order in respect of Section 104 of the Garda Siochana Act 2005, extending time for the preferring of the charge against his client....

The story makes him sound a right bully shouldering his way in to taxi's, flashing his badge, taxi driver witnessed the incident and his girlfriend apologised profusely... The article strongly suggests that he did hit the girl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭steo87

this is my second responce because im so mad.. garda waldron did not strike this woman the court shows and the case was thrown out.. when ever you all stop talkin ****e about something ye know nothing about.. his girlfriend was with him and it was all blown totally out of proportion. He is well respected in his community in galway and for good cause. find someone else to point fingers at ye dick heads

Is that you Mr. Waldron?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

And we welcome Garda Shane Waldron to the thread.

Shane, how would you explain the taxi driver witnessing you striking the female, supporting her evidence?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭sgthighway

dick heads

:confused:

this is my second responce because im so mad.. garda waldron did not strike this woman the court shows and the case was thrown out.
    The case was thrown out because he wasn't prosecuted in time. The court did not find anything. Had it found anything I'm sure the Garda would have been convicted for assault.
    he hit me three times with the bottom part of his hand into my chin.
    Is this a certain technique of striking? As to not get busted up knuckles which can be seen?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭pseudonym1

I Know this girl and yes he did strike her - there are 6 witnesses on record. His girtlfriend who needs to be pityed- esp if still together apologized profusely.

There is no other name for him except scum.
    As for being respected in his community - I dont know - perhaps by like minded scum!

Thats all

I think we're done.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement