Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kendo Club for CIT?

Options
  • 27-02-2009 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭

Was considering beginning a kendo club in the CIT.
    would there be any interest considering we already have a class in the city?

Last time we looked into it we were told that we could only have thurs at lunch time! Is this normal?

Any other club leaders have any advice?

Thanks
    Rob

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

I would be interested. Kendo is fighting with sticks isn't it?

Saw it in plenty of martial arts films and always had a preference for kendo over karate and tae kwon do.

I'm not sure if it's normal for them to say thursdays only. Could be the only time the sports hall is free??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭deegs

Essentially yes, full contact :)

I'll have to see if we can do better than thursday at lunch, if not anyone is welcome at the cork club until this gets set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

Just a recommendation for anyone who reads this and is interested.

Kendo is a brilliant and fun sport/art. I practised Kendo with the Dublin club for 2 years but had to stop due to injuries (never met ye Deegs, nor made it to the nationals in Cork ;) )

Take it up. you won't regret it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

I'm definitely interested. Just in case you can't get a better slot at C.I.T whereabouts is the cork club? and what days and times do ye meet up during the week?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭deegs

You gonna go back zod?

We currently train in the lough community center in togher.
    beginners class is 20:00 - 21:00 on weds. Regular training is from 21-22:00 on Weds and 20:00-21:00 on fridays

More details on www.corkbudokai.org

Fighting aspect

Kata aspect

• Advertisement
Advertisement