Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

advice?

• 26-02-2009 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭

Hey all, I'm 22, 5'11 and about 13 and a half stone. I have very broad shoulders and I'm well built. I'm a carpenter but not working lately so have taken to the gym in a big way. (well for me anyway). I'm doing an hour cardiovascular (maybe a run at 10km/hour for half an hour and bike or cross trainer for the rest) whic is about 800 calories for me. I'm also doing weights to tone up because I'm a bit flabby.I'm doing one day upper body and next lower body and so on for five days a week(so just two sessions lower body a week but think the running/cycling will make up for that). So the weights come to about another hour a day. My diet is fairly simple, two weetabix and low fat milk in the morning, beens on toast(brown bread) and tea for lunch and homemade chicken korma with rice(or something similar) for dinner. My question is do I need protein or them muscle repair drinks? Would they stop me from losing weight? I want to lose weight and tone up, i.e lose two stone of fat and put on one stone of muscle; I'm just afraid i might get big and muscley, would rather be just lean..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Jonny303

Mate, no fear of getting too big. Its a long hard road to get there and wont happen by accident. Just work hard at something like SS

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭daithi09

Might be a stupid question but what is 'SS'? I do build up fairly easy tho and I am hitting the gym hard... thanks

Advertisement