Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using Irish address but with UK postcode!

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭pbarr

This post has been deleted.

I know they deliver to Donegal from Derry but charge for it not sure how much though.

JohnOwonga wrote: »
    Does that Northern Ireland postcode work still just for freebies or paid goods as well

I've just used it for an Amazon order will post back here when/if item arrives.

Item arrived today so BT1 1AA definitely works.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭okedoke

this is a great idea. If you're buying something on ebay do you tell the seller to post it to the address even though it clearly makes no sense - because I presume they'd come back and say that address isn't in the UK?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,973 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Any seller worth his salt will only send it to the address on your paypal account

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭okedoke

That's what I was thinking but a few posters seem to use it on ebay.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,973 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

You could try changing your address on the paypal account to show the postcode. I would imagine a private seller will have problems when he goes to the post office though.

okedoke wrote: »
    this is a great idea. If you're buying something on ebay do you tell the seller to post it to the address even though it clearly makes no sense - because I presume they'd come back and say that address isn't in the UK?

I have only used it the once for Amazon and it worked but I'd like to try it a few more times before I would be confident using it. Don't think I would use it for high value items. I suppose you could try getting a friend in the UK to send letters at different times and see do they all arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭ImpossibleDuck

I'm a bit confused, would it be...

John Smith,
    House 4,
    Main Street,
    Sometown,
    Co. Wherever,
    BT11AA
    United Kingdom << or Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭moonboy52

I'm a bit confused, would it be...

John Smith,
    House 4,
    Main Street,
    Sometown,
    Co. Wherever,
    BT11AA
    United Kingdom << or Ireland?

John Smith,
    House 4,
    Main Street,
    Sometown,
    BT11AA
    Co. Wherever,
    Ireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭ImpossibleDuck

moonboy52 wrote: »
    John Smith,
    House 4,
    Main Street,
    Sometown,
    BT11AA
    Co. Wherever,
    Ireland
    Right, thanks :D

moonboy52 wrote: »
    John Smith,
    House 4,
    Main Street,
    Sometown,
    BT11AA
    Co. Wherever,
    Ireland

OR
    John Smith,
    House 4,
    Main Street,
    Sometown,
    Co. Wherever,
    UK
    BT11AA

has worked for me also

• Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

Ordered a cd about 2 weeks ago from HMV- should I wait another week or 10 days?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

Fingers crossed - just ordered some cheap earphones from play using my "Belfast" address.

Nate

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

They arrived this morning from PLAY - took a while but it worked, good to know.

Nate

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 250 ✭✭innthe

What if you order from a grocery store suck as saintsbury in uk, would they just leave the goods at the royal mail store and they wouldnt need anyone to sign anything

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭BengaLover

off topic slightly but was amazed to see sim free blackberry curves on play for 89.99 as opposed to 139.99 on vodafone website.
    Would it be a problem with the new battery regulations to order one I wonder, and has anyone bought a phone from play?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 conall122

can anyone confirm if this still works

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭N64

use parcel motel instead - there is no hoping involved that it will arrive ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 conall122

i would , but the nearest parcelmotel is an hour away from me, i would like to be able to delivery straight to my address

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭shleedance

I just use n/a as a postcode. Works fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

I can't get Amazon to accept BT11AA anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Locking up this thread, as its mainly about postal fraud.
    Fuzzy wrote: »
    The promotion of any illegal, including fraudulent or dishonest, activity will not be tolerated. eg- Links to ebay pyramid scams or items of an illegal nature will be deleted, and the user who posted them may be banned. This also includes any postal fraud scams, e.g. using a fake address.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement