Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

STAG Party in a Recession

Options
  • 25-02-2009 8:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭

Any suggestions or examples of a good stag for around April/May in Ireland. He's in the trade's so he doen't want to make it to expensive as a lot of his friends are out of work.
    Festival's, events etc. Anywhere around Ireland.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Kilkenny Comedy festival on at end of May

Price of accommodation would be more expensive but you did mention festivals

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭lisbon_lions

Rory Gallagher Festival in Ballyshannon sounds right up his street. Its usually Bank Holiday May, the festival is free with the streets closed down for open air concerts and ye can either go to the bars or get yiz yer cans. For the daytime, head off for a group surf lesson (cheap too). Most people camp. I met Mr Clapton at it last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

A couple of crates of Lidls finest back at his gaff on a match night, followed by loadza man music, and poker.

Then- Im sure you'll get a discounted stripper in this current economic climate, contemplate raype but decide you need to puke more (stripper flees house in the nip).. Everyone wakes up with shaven off eye-brows and perma-markered faces.

Unlock chloroformed fianceé from garden shed.

You did say budget.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Elephant Monkey

Try surfing! go west stay in a hostel rent the boards and wetsuits, builds up an appetite for d'drink'n an wimmin chas'n.

Golf or Pitch'n putt or what i like to call it Whack and walk (cause its what you do, you whack and walk) - cheap and if you have a sunny day which at that time of year its usually pleasant, you might get a tan and you'll look all glowy (use sunblock)

Shannon cruise (bit more pricy) but if you have a gang onboard it'll be less expensive and with the BIG R on, there would be deals to get peps on the water! Also the bars along the shannon are not as expensive as you city watering holes and you can cook your own food and bring d'booze on board arrrr me maties (wear a life vest)

Go karting - its everywhere, not too pricy and you can all slag the poor chap that gets the slow kart .. . . .ahh oh so much laughs . . .meh!

Airsoft - see the airsoft forum its the next best thing to being in a real war, much more intense and less messy than paintball, and its not too pricy to rent the stuff and play!

Clay shooting - http://www.courtlough.ie/ great craic!

Treasure hunt! get one of the lads to place clues in pubs in (pick town/city/village) and they have to figure out where the next place is, you'll eventually give up and stay in the pub you are having craic in!

Fishing - Look up deep sea fishing and go out for a whole day with a crew catching sharks and chasing pirates.

There ya go! Hope that is some help! Have fun :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

T
    Fishing - Look up deep sea fishing and go out for a whole day with a crew catching sharks and chasing pirates.

Good call!
    Kilkee or maybe that was Kilrush in Co.Clare have this
    The fishing that is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

The Leixlip festival at the end of May/ start of June.

It's awesomely craptastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Arigna mining experience and Marble Arch caves

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

Rory Gallagher Festival in Ballyshannon sounds right up his street. Its usually Bank Holiday May, the festival is free with the streets closed down for open air concerts and ye can either go to the bars or get yiz yer cans. For the daytime, head off for a group surf lesson (cheap too). Most people camp. I met Mr Clapton at it last year.

It's the last weekend in May, first weekend in June each year. And I'd highly recommend it. Fantastic fun and not all that expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭lisbon_lions

Sanjuro wrote: »
    It's the last weekend in May, first weekend in June each year. And I'd highly recommend it. Fantastic fun and not all that expensive.

Doh, yes your right dude, thanks for the correction there - shows ye where my heads at during that weekend (and ever since). Was thinking i wouldnt make it this year as exams are on in May, but looks now like I might - Yeeez!

http://www.goingtomyhometown.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

**** that, am heading to Hamburg next month for a stag :) €30 return flights and €50 a night sharing in the Marriot and drink for half the price..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Some manner of architecture conference in Milton Keynes would be fairly thrifty and spiffing fun too.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,825 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I know you said Ireland, but it's cheaper to go abroad! A guy I know went on his stag last weekend to Portugal with 16 of his friends. Their flights were €6(i think that was return). He payed for all of their flights...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Be an extra tenner each from Sunday with the new Escape from LA Ireland tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Jesper

Try surfing! go west stay in a hostel rent the boards and wetsuits, builds up an appetite for d'drink'n an wimmin chas'n.

Golf or Pitch'n putt or what i like to call it Whack and walk (cause its what you do, you whack and walk) - cheap and if you have a sunny day which at that time of year its usually pleasant, you might get a tan and you'll look all glowy (use sunblock)

Shannon cruise (bit more pricy) but if you have a gang onboard it'll be less expensive and with the BIG R on, there would be deals to get peps on the water! Also the bars along the shannon are not as expensive as you city watering holes and you can cook your own food and bring d'booze on board arrrr me maties (wear a life vest)

Go karting - its everywhere, not too pricy and you can all slag the poor chap that gets the slow kart .. . . .ahh oh so much laughs . . .meh!

Airsoft - see the airsoft forum its the next best thing to being in a real war, much more intense and less messy than paintball, and its not too pricy to rent the stuff and play!

Clay shooting - http://www.courtlough.ie/ great craic!

Treasure hunt! get one of the lads to place clues in pubs in (pick town/city/village) and they have to figure out where the next place is, you'll eventually give up and stay in the pub you are having craic in!

There ya go! Hope that is some help! Have fun :)

Some Great Ideas. Especially the Rory Gallagher Festival. But travelling from Kilkenny it would be a very long drive. Anywhere closer to the centre or west would suit better
    More of the same anyone....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Head over to Doolin for a trad session.
    cliffs of moher and the burren close by too.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Sútalún

12 pints of... Easter?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Paintballing is great fun. Followed it up with a pissup and you're onto a winner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Paintballing is great fun

Im picking up on my gaydar.. :p

Advertisement