Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open DNS for netopia 3347NWG

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭ainiseoir

I haven't been that adventurous.
    It seems to be very much an Eircom router.
    eircom seem pretty good about furnishing their configuration details.
    Perhaps Vodafone night do the same.
    You can always reset.
    Best of luck.
    I'm a bit lightweight in these things.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Joe10000

Thanks but I have the username and pw now, it's vodafone@vodafone.ie and the pw is broadband.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭nc6000

Hi,

Are many of you still using this router? I was originally with Eircom but am now with Vodafone@home and still using the Netopia 3347NWG.

I was having occasional issues with Netflix on an Apple TV and through the Wii so decided to upgrade the 3347NWG firmware and am now at 7.8.0r2 which I think is the latest.

Once the firmware update finished and I restarted the router my speeds greatly increased. The Netopia router homepage was previously showing a speed of about 7MB but this is now gone up to 12MB and I'm getting much better results on Speedtest.net!

3528231368.png

I've tried testing everything this morning and had Netflix movies playing fine on both the Apple TV and Wii for a few hours while I was working and I checked them every so often for errors. After having everything working fine for maybe 4 hours I then had an error on the Apple TV, one on the Wii and the VPN connection on my laptop dropped so something happened which affected all 3 devices. I'm considering changing the router but I suspect that this is a Vodafone issue.

I'm not seeing any errors when I check the Netopia logs and the router uptime hasn't reset.

Does anyone else experience these issues with the Netopia router and Vodafone or maybe experience these issues with Vodafone and a different router?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Its an ancient modem, replace it.

The update allowed it to use ADSL2+ which meant the speed increased from 7.6Mb.

• Advertisement

Yep, that'd be fine. If you wanted to you could spend a chunk more for wireless AC to futureproof, but right now thats way faster than your broadband requires.

ED E wrote: »
    Yep, that'd be fine. If you wanted to you could spend a chunk more for wireless AC to futureproof, but right now thats way faster than your broadband requires.

Thanks, I'll give a new modem a go and hopefully that resolves any issues.

Good stuff. Remember to take note of the vodafone details before swapping them.
    PPPoE
    vodafone@vodafone.ie
    broadband
    VPI 8
    VCI 35

Advertisement