Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"V" remake - pilot ordered?

Options
  • 24-02-2009 2:19pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭

Read on the net recently that a remake of the claasic 80's Sci-Fi mini series is being remade for a 09/10 release, what do you think and any further info?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭holly1

It was brilliant first time around,dont know if it would have the same impact on this generation,of course tecnology has come on in leaps and bounds so it prob would not seem like the same programme.I will certinaly be looking out for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,458 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

It sure is. Information is scarce, but check this site out for what's known about the reboot:

http://www.visitorsite.net/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭holly1

Thanks Mr E looks like like name changes and everything else much the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

This has been dragging on so long now that you'd have to wonder will it ever happen. If Kenneth Johnson isn't back at the helm then I hope it doesn't.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Pigman II wrote: »
    If Kenneth Johnson isn't back at the helm then I hope it doesn't.

I thought that initially as the original 2 part mini-series is so much better than The Final Battle, which is enjoyable but loses the great psychological heart of the original story. Then I read his canon book The Second Generation which is such total and utter cack I can't believe the same guy created the series.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

iguana wrote: »
    I thought that initially as the original 2 part mini-series is so much better than The Final Battle, which is enjoyable but loses the great psychological heart of the original story. Then I read his canon book The Second Generation which is such total and utter cack I can't believe the same guy created the series.

Still doesn't change the fact that the original mini series is better than the final battle or full series. I put that down to KJ. Sure this remake will probably suck even with Johnson on board but it has no chance without him imho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

The Warner Bros. produced, ABC-broadcast pilot has, as reported by the Hollywood Reporter, cast Morena Baccarin to play the leader of the Visitors, the alien race who has invaded Earth and rules over the human race. Baccarin's character is "remarkably knowledgeable about human culture and media manipulation."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Mr. Frost

Looking forward to this. Famke Janssen would've make a great 'Diana' or 'Anna'. (Why?!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

I won't watch it
    The V gave me nightmares as a child :eek:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Morena Baccarin is in it? Thats me sold :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

That guy from Party Of Five, Scott?....he's also been cast.

lucylu wrote: »
    I won't watch it
    The V gave me nightmares as a child :eek:

Same here!!! :(

Wonder who's gonna get preggers with an alien baby this time round? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Hmmm.Would be a little scepticle about this but thats because I love the original series.I remember watching it as a tyke and been blown away by it.It was a major family event sitting watching it!Saw it recently enough on Sci Fi and thoroughly enjoyed it.Its pure cheese but terribly enjoyable cheese.It was fun to see 2 of the stars much younger.They both ended up having major parts in HBO's Oz.Cant remember their names in V but they played Omar White and Bob Rebadow in Oz.Plus Diana was super hawt!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,980 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Kiith wrote: »
    Morena Baccarin is in it? Thats me sold :)

Bloody right. She can dislocate her jaw and eat MY hamster any day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

**SEVERE SPOILER ALERT** the Scott Peters script has been reviewed:

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/rant.aspx?id=20090309_v

Sounds good, i like the fact he took the P. outta Indepence Day, considering that movie DID rip off V.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/05/lost-scoop-juli.html

ABC is expected to announce tomorrow that it has picked up a reboot of the camptastic '80s thriller V and that Lost heroine Elizabeth Mitchell is a full-time castmember.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

JP Liz wrote: »
    http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/05/lost-scoop-juli.html

ABC is expected to announce tomorrow that it has picked up a reboot of the camptastic '80s thriller V and that Lost heroine Elizabeth Mitchell is a full-time castmember.

I will be very sad if Liz Mitchell goes to this because that definitely means no more Juliet:(

Still V scared the crap out of me as a kid, and who would have thought innocent Willie would end up scaring the crap a whole lot more out of people as Freddie Krueger.

1984...had nightmares after watching that alien baby. Had to sleep in my mums bed for a few days :-(

:-)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I was terrified after watching V
    T'was good telly though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

used to love this. Jaysus that was ages ago.

Omg!...i was 11, remember my mum giving out to me for self inflicted scareification :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,417 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

A one hour pilot? That's not much fcukin good is it? Should be a 2 hour episode.
    Judging by the link some op posted character develeopment is piss poor in the few hour at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,171 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

http://futoncritic.com/news.aspx?id=8116

Small presentation will appear at the bottom of this page soon

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Eeep

Used to have to sneak up past my parents to watch this !!
    I loved it
    Hopefully the new series will not disappoint

Oh god!...it looks really bad!

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/41130

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭FreedomJoe

Does anyone remember the TV Show V?

Well its being remade,

And it looks good!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahjPQjQGdbU

• Registered Users Posts: 43,777 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Nyum nyum.. Elizabeth Mitchell and Morena Baccarin!

Don't think it looks all that great myself, but I have been wrong before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭zzap64

Looks like a remake rather than a continuation of the old series... I've been waiting 20 years to see what happened to Elizabeth with the leader on the home planet! :)

Classic TV program although the full series was more like a ropey soap opera near the end.

Advertisement