Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Villa throwing UEFA cup tie lump on CSKA Moscow

Options
  • 24-02-2009 12:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

Half the first team will not be travelling. CSKA Moscow are about 5/3 on PP for the win and 3/1 for -1 handicap.
    The Villa manager has chosen to rest Gareth Barry, Brad Friedel, Emile Heskey, James Milner, Ashley Young, Gabriel Agbonlahor, Carlos Cuellar and Stiliyan Petrov from the 19-man party.

The Midlands club drew the first leg at Villa Park 1-1, with John Carew scoring a second-half equaliser after Brazilian Wagner Love had given the Russian club an early lead.

Luke Young, Curtis Davies, Zat Knight and John Carew are amongst the few experienced players in the squad, while youngsters such as Elliott Parish, Eric Lichaj, Ciaran Clark, Shane Lowry, Barry Bannan and Mark Albrighton are included.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭shepthedog

Great call this.. Will be having a nice wedge on CSKA...

Same with Spurs but they are at home so wont go too crazy...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭63587614

Jess lads i'm unsure about this one. Why would Villa not be having a go. Still all to play for at 1-1.

I know they're chasing 3/4th spot but to win UEFA Cup is not bad feat. The thing is I suppose is to make a decision soon for value purpose.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Martin has already said villa's focus is now on the league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭myflipflops

Villa have been playing their second string in Europe pretty much all season.

As a Villa fan, I declare this bet sacrilege but prob wouldn't attempt to dissuade you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Ya CSKA should account for Villa in this and they also play on an artificial pitch which will be new to Villa's B team. Odds have come in rapidly - now trading at around 8-11

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/uefa-cup/cska-moscow-v-aston-villa/win-market

And of course Villa are behind in the tie so will have to try and score which could leave them wide open.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Villa were actually considering a friendly match with dundalk. Due to dundalk having the artificial pitch.

Moscow are getting backed off the boards - they will be 4-7 by kickoff

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Warper wrote: »
    Moscow are getting backed off the boards - they will be 4-7 by kickoff

Seems like the value could be gone at this price.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭soundsham

Ya CSKA should account for Villa in this and they also play on an artificial pitch which will be new to Villa's B team. Odds have come in rapidly - now trading at around 8-11

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/uefa-cup/cska-moscow-v-aston-villa/win-market

And of course Villa are behind in the tie so will have to try and score which could leave them wide open.

according to dion dublin villa have been training on exactly the same type pitch @ home during the crappy weather

still good value

Well boys, went with 50 eur double on Man City, CSKA got 6/5 with Hills. Small bit troubled though should I got all in. But not sure has the value gone and is it a case of sure thing gone bad.

Pissd I missed out on Shaktar last wk, speaking of which anyone see bet in spurs v shaktar with spurs playing cup final on Sun. Or do Shaktar have this match wrapped up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Shaktar won that 2-0 Spurs will not be contesting that game, but Shaktar may not send a strong team either, need to do some googling.

edit - Looking at a preview they have been in London since Monday and have not brought a weakend squad, so the 2.50 odds look very generous.

Just down in Hills there during break, still 8/13 on CSKA. Just want to let people know as well this game is 5pm kick-off tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Elonex

Wouldn't be surprised if Villa still won this. They'll still have a very decent team on the pitch.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

Hav them at 4-6 stuck 8 on them n petebrough n tuesday peterbrough up waitin on villa to loose. They were awful last week in uefa

Moscow should be a cert for this match - they played Villa off the park in the first half last week and with home advantage / second string Villa side - they are as good as certs as you will see in a soccer match. Villa's first side would lose let alone their second string.

4-6 PP best price available

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭sternn

Im sorry to say lad, as a Villa supporter, I actually have faith in the villa youth / second string team. I feel they are not given enough of an opportunity in the 1st team.

So, I have gone with 40 on villa to win. I really do feel they can do it. (but that is probably a lot of bias coming from a villa supporter!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭dioltas

sternn wrote: »
    Im sorry to say lad, as a Villa supporter, I actually have faith in the villa youth / second string team. I feel they are not given enough of an opportunity in the 1st team.

So, I have gone with 40 on villa to win. I really do feel they can do it. (but that is probably a lot of bias coming from a villa supporter!)

Never back your own team! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭jkelly85

Gone big on CSKA Moscow here. they looked good in the away leg and have a verg good home record and wit villa not bringing the big guns i can only see CSKA winning. :cool::cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,513 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Seems like the value could be gone at this price.

Not only that but if the price continues to go in one way then you'd have to look at backing Villa! +0.5 perhaps on the Asian.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,513 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Moscow should be a cert for this match - they played Villa off the park in the first half last week and with home advantage / second string Villa side - they are as good as certs as you will see in a soccer match. Villa's first side would lose let alone their second string.

4-6 PP best price available

If it was a cert i doubt the bookies would be happy putting up 4/6 for it...

• Advertisement

dsmythy wrote: »
    If it was a cert i doubt the bookies would be happy putting up 4/6 for it...

You're right thats why they are just gone 8-13
    If Moscow dont win this match i will drink my own piss

• Registered Users Posts: 39,161 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

the line has moved enough, villa for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Had €500 on Shaktar last week to beat Spurs and I fancy them again in the away leg.
    Unsure on Villa game. There bubble seems to have burst of late ?

villa starting 11: Guzan, Luke Young, Davies, Knight, Shorey, Albrighton, Gardner, Salifou, Sidwell, Bannan, Delfouneso.

On Setanta 1

Come on CSKA

EDIT: 20 mins in, Villa 9 men behind the ball. CSKA beginning to look dangerous.

Fingers crossed

Fingers crossed

1-0. About time.

get in there:D:D:D

Thank you jerk-off and LOVE

YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

• Advertisement

Happy days 2-0 easy money haha:cool:

Advertisement