Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How often do you shave?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I get the beard trimmer out maybe after 3 days to keep the stubble down and probably do a proper "clean" shave once a week. My skin just can't take it. 24 hours and you can tell I haven't shaved. But if I do a full shave more than once every four days, I bleed everywhere. And that's with an electric razor. With a blade I look like a horror movie extra.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭johnp

Actually, I hate being clean shaven! I use a hair shaver thing to keep me in a state of perpetual ruggedness.

Same here. I'd say there have been about 2 occasions over the last two years that I've shaved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭who007

Once a week (cos I hated it) till I found the "why are razors so bloody expensive" thread and got into proper wetshaving. Now it's a really enjoyable pastime and I shave about 4 times a week. Now I love it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

I gave up shaving about 6 months ago, can't stand it... Grew a beard instead. Trim it once a week/fortnight, depends on the weather and the moon...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Due to an accident with some industrial strength lasers when I was a teenager I no longer have to shave my face.

The compo has kept me in style for some time now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Twice a week, not one for the total shaven feel.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

I'll have decent regrowth within 24 hours, usually accompanied with the onset of a shaving rash. These days I've a tendancy to shave, then let it grow out for a few weeks into a full beard, then shave it again. Rinse and repeat, the shave that it results in is a lot smoother and rash free, shaving over a shaving rash is one of the most horrible feelings :(

I'll also shave if I've something to shave for; a night out, a holiday etc. I had a full beard until today, which I shaved as I want to have a nice stubble look for my trip to Paris next week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

I hate being clean shaven also... if i'm going out on a saturday night i might shave on a thursday so i'll have the unshaven look but won't look unkempt. After 5 days though i need one badly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Monday to Friday. I don't actually need to but it gave me some routine to my day when I was only working twice a week.

Also as Gran Hermano says, a good safety razor, blade, and soothing cream makes shaving much less of a chore.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Twice in the last ~20 years and NEVER AGAIN......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭pakblue

I always have a 5 o'clock shadow.

When I was in school (I started shaving a lot earlier then the rest of the lads in my year) I would shave 3 times a week.

Now in College I only shave once a week.

I hate being clean shaven but I dont like having a beard just stubble.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Every week day for work and maybe on a Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Steo46

only on monday mornings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭li@mo

every 5 days and special occasions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Hehe, I haven't shaved in about 6 months. I keep it trimmed about every second week though :)

I hate shaving, I hate the look and I hate the feeling...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Face: Every 2 days
    Ball sack: Every 2 weeks
    Ass: When it gets so long my poo sticks to it and I end up with dingleberries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Every 2-3 days. Would shave more often, but I'm very stubbly and would be in ribbons if I had to shave every day. Don't have to for work, thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭paddyb125

FearDark wrote: »

Too much info!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,517 ✭✭✭matrim

Hehe, I haven't shaved in about 6 months. I keep it trimmed about every second week though :)

I hate shaving, I hate the look and I hate the feeling...
    I'm pretty much the same, except make it about 2 or 3 years instead of 6 months.
    The trim can some times be up to a month and i look really scruffy then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

FearDark wrote: »
    Face: Every 2 days
    Ball sack: Every 2 weeks

Bit of White Spirit worked well into the rusty bullet hole, apply the Bic lighter, and the tagnuts will just melt away.

Squat over the Metro or the Blanch gazette to take the dribbins,and your hole will be as smooth as Mary Harney's buttcheeks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Annnnnd guys say tah wimmins winge. We wax off pits, legs, pussies etc, and they get to to d bit of jaws and neck. Get the focking boat. Tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Every 2-3 days.The 3 day stubble looks ok on me .Anything after that I look like the down and out , although the longer the growth ,the better the shave / cleaner smoother skin look .

you still got no thanks button Abie ? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Last time I shaved was early December '08. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Maybe twice a week tops... I love the 3 day look, but then keep starting from the beginning again... I should really get some kind of grooming shizzle that lets me look like that 24/7:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Oh yeah, I forgot the forum pimpin'....

<<<<<<<< click the linky... Facial Hair & Hats :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭A7X

I havent shaved since new years. I actually envy everyone here who can shave. ROLL ON WEDNSDAY :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭A7X

Abigayle wrote: »
    Annnnnd guys say tah wimmins winge. We wax off pits, legs, pussies etc, and they get to to d bit of jaws and neck. Get the focking boat. Tbh.

been drinking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

A7X wrote: »
    been drinking?

Pills

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭OpenYourEyes

Actually, I hate being clean shaven! I use a hair shaver thing to keep me in a state of perpetual ruggedness.

Im the same! Even my girlfriend tells me i look creepy when clean-shaven!:pac:

.....at least im pretty sure she said when im clean shaven:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

A7X wrote: »
    been drinking?

Had a promise from a liar?

Advertisement