Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

100 days folks O_O

Options
  • 23-02-2009 3:12am
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 284 ✭✭

100 days till June 3rd/English Paper 1 ...

I'm officially scared now :<
    Did nothing over midterm, dunno what happened .. had such good discipline before :/ History teacher has only covered 1/4 of the course aswell so far, tis kinda making me shít myself :/

Well anyway, I took the liberty of attaching a 100-space grid for you all to print out and mark off your study sessions on :]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

uh oh, 100 days? I haven't even started studying yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I feel sick...

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭MrPirate

Oh shi- :S

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Bring it on tbh.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Acid_Violet

It'll be fine.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Ted Bundy

Ah sure its another 3 months...loadsa time to be studying.....I'll start next week....

Procrastination, u gotta love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

Oh Good God.
    Thanks for that little reminder We, you absolute cúnt you.*

*I apologise for this, I just tend to insult people when i get scared like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭smythwicks

*ehem* AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

awh man that helped....cool as a cucumber:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

Always look on the bright side of life. :pac:

At least we will be finished school then. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Heggy

You'll only be finished if you do well enough. :P
    I know of one teacher who has in the corner of her board the amount of days left, and she adjusts every day appropriately. I guess that would keep you from waking up one morning and realising that you've really procrastinated too long.
    Speaking of which, I need to get off this forum and study for my mock orals, along with doing homework.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭manutd4life

i havent really started studying yet and when i have i lost concentration really easily.at least there is 3 months left.

the only thing i hope is that these 3 months dont fly by

Scary stuff. I remember from last year the 100 or so days after the mocks flew.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Beau x1

tbh you'd be surprised the amount you can get done the night before the exam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Futurism

Wow. And I feel like I really need to cover basically everything again. Everyone tells me it's enough time but is it really?

Depends on how many points you want, I guess. Thing I'm finding is I'm relearning the same damn things I learnt for my Christmas exams that I subsequently forgot. So I guess consistency is the key from here on.

tbh you'd be surprised the amount you can get done the night before the exam

Yeah, A few others as well as myself have been really lucky with the actual Leaving Timetable, with full days and weekends before the worst subjects.
    And I have only one day when I have two papers on the one day (Maths and Pass Irish, I wonder what'll be priority there :P)
    What's it like for you guys?

Slick. I have a 7 day gap between my second last exam and Economics. Sure I could cover 2000-2007 papers in that time, really - just one paper a day minimum. The course isn't that long so I'll be hoping for an A1, take down 100 points.

7 days is pretty convenient. I've nothing bigger than 2-3 day gaps, but there're plenty of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭MrPain

oh **** 12 more hours and its 98 days.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭shanethemofo

Really is a kick in the town halls seeing this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

116 days till the end

Put it that way its not sooo bad:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,387 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

well thats a lovely suprise isnt it
    yay:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Des23

I'm not too bad i have the wednesday and thursday of the second and third weeks off (damn applied maths keeping me till the last day!:mad:) but i mean the pres havn't been particularly stressful, so i think ill be ok.

I'd have some pity/jealousy for people doing geo/business/biology etc who can be finished after 8 days!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

I'm really jealous of the people finishing up early, I have stupid art history, music and economics :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

I'm really jealous of the people finishing up early, I have stupid art history, music and economics :mad:
    Calm down, it's only an extra few days after 2 years work. Use the extra time to study hard and maybe go up a grade!

100 days is loads of time people. If you start studying now you'll be grand. It's the hype more than the actual exams that gets most people stressed. Stupid media :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 36 snowflakes

wuhooo!!!!! Can't wait to finish secondary. At this stage I feel like an 18 year old confined in a rigid timetable with overprotective teachers. But I'll possibly feel like a 12 year old again starting college!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Why you scare me like that? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

snowflakes wrote: »
    wuhooo!!!!! Can't wait to finish secondary. At this stage I feel like an 18 year old confined in a rigid timetable with overprotective teachers. But I'll possibly feel like a 12 year old again starting college!:eek:

Me too, although I must say that most teachers treat us like adults now and we do tend to get away with murder!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Delta Kilo wrote: »
    Me too, although I must say that most teachers treat us like adults now and we do tend to get away with murder!

I cant wait to get into college and stop having to study subject I dont want to (Namely: English, French, Religion) and just study Science (And maybe some Irish classes that Ive heard TCD offer).

I will miss it though, I used to hate my school, but I quite like it now, the teachers (Most of them) are insanely helpful and are genuinely nice to us now. Coffee in Chem first thing on a Tuesday morning from now on:D

Advertisement