Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

And the winner of dreamer of the year is...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

I just don't know what to make of this ad.. I still can't find the car in the main picture :confused:

He's selling a Kubistar aswell,that's in the main pic (just about) :D Absolutely terrible add though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭dougie-lampkin

He's selling a Kubistar aswell,that's in the main pic (just about) :D Absolutely terrible add though.

At a quick skim of the ad's text (I tend not to bother to decipher walls of text such as that ad) I thought the Z4 had a 1.5 diesel conversion and was on commercial tax :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭cianof

Saab Ed wrote: »
    Im baffled by this one !!!!!!

http://www.adverts.ie/car/berlingo/berlingo/citroen-berlingo-e500-electric-van-for-sale/685289

1fc1c1c2db5852e08ffc380475e263369614e59d459476c8f1c1ed12d41add61.jpg

Like I get it, its electric so its unique and yes some guy will really want it. But a good ( sellable ) diesel one with similar mileage in similar condition is worth 800 quid. Where in the name of God has the other 4200 come from !!!!!!

Hey that's my Berlingo electrique! :D Drive it every day. It's great fun to drive.

The 4200 comes from here:

27 Saft STM-100 100 each (Well maintained 2003 cells)
    1 Leroy-Somer Motor 1000
    1 Sagem Charger/DC-DC Converter/Drive 1000
    plus lots of other bits.. charge cable, gauges, cabin heater etc.

2.8 cent per mile
    €146 annual road tax
    no oil/filter changes

Not for everyone, granted. However, this is the going rate for an EV in this condition. If you can find a cheaper one please sent me the link.

Lol'd at Dougle pic btw :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

My petrol mower has a longer range than that :pac:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

cianof wrote: »
    Hey that's my Berlingo electrique! :D Drive it every day. It's great fun to drive.

Lol'd at Dougle pic btw :)

I just never heard of an electric van before until your ad, was even more shocked to realise how old it was. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭mullingar

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1993100
    ideal wedding car

Full?id=7137125

96 Twin turbo aristo €6,700???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Full?id=7137124

Oh Dear. Those are the most cringeworthy selection of photos I've seen in a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Even comes with it's own precious :pac:.

63228.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Taxed as 2 litre? So it wasn't imported legitimately, and they want top dollar for it?

Good find mullingar - definitely in fitting with this thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭GavMan

Sitec wrote: »

Cracking cars in their day all the same.

€500 max though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

Bad ad. Bad Photos. Crap Attempt to clean the car. €4900 please!

Full?id=7102496

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

but... FIVE THOUSAND EURO for a '99 van???

Yea, it's a lot of money 5000 euros. EVs aren't cheap unfortunately. Pehaps over time their price will come down.

If you drive a petrol/diesel your real cost is at the pump. Prices are set to rise too over the next 6 months.

There's also the higher servicing costs that go with the IC engines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

I don't give a **** how clean looking it is but 2750 for a Fiesta thats soon to hit the 10 year mark.

View2-7160526.jpeg

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2344940

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

EVs aren't cheap unfortunately. Pehaps over time their price will come down.

If you drive a petrol/diesel your real cost is at the pump. Prices are set to rise too over the next 6 months.

The €4000 premium on the EV buys a lot of petrol....... I'm all for looking after the environment, but my wallet is a very delicate ecosystem too.....

For sure, at this stage EVs are for tech heads/early adopters. The average motorist probably won't be interested in EVs.

Here's some interesting facts to think about.
    http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_much_gasoline_does_the_average_person_use_each_year

281.32 US gallons = 1 064.91204 litres

http://www.pumps.ie/
    Current average price of petrol per litre: 149.9c

1064.91*1.499 = 1596.30315

So at the moment average motorist is paying €1596.30 per year on fuel and lets face it. It ain't getting any cheaper. Next year I would imagine it could be 20% more expensive at the pumps.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Sitec wrote: »

You'd have to laugh at him using the fact it's the same as it left the production line as a strong point, they were rotten with rust before they left the production line! lol

Nine and a half thousand euro. No mention of miles or no interior pics.

Full?id=7244651

Jesus wept.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

At least he's opend to offers.

• Advertisement

Nine and a half thousand euro. No mention of miles or no interior pics.

Full?id=7244651

Jesus wept.

Just went out to the car for something there and that's parked a few cars down:pac:

The only thing...ad says Irish reg but it's on English plates at the moment. It looks better in the flesh though.

EPM wrote: »
    Just went out to the car for something there and that's parked a few cars down:pac:

The only thing...ad says Irish reg but it's on English plates at the moment. It looks better in the flesh though.

I know the car, he's local to me and it is on irish plates. It is a decent looking car but not at that money.

Bumpers a bit black sometimes and it's not from dirt/dust either.

I know the car, he's local to me and it is on irish plates. It is a decent looking car but not at that money.

Bumpers a bit black sometimes and it's not from dirt/dust either.

Are you sure? The one in the car park had the same seat covers as that and was on English plates. Same wheels, same paint job. It was that car. A UK 52 reg on it.

Are you sure? The one in the car park had the same seat covers as that and was on English plates. Same wheels, same paint job. It was that car. A UK 52 reg on it.

Positive mate. Only reason i posted it because i know the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭_Conrad_

mercedes 190E

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2372824

Now these are good old motors but given that you can get them for less than a grand (granted not massively immaculate but solid and useable).

4250 is a bit much, just because it's tidy and has big wheels?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Ahhhh,you got the felt spec bug!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Typo surely

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

h3000 wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Typo surely

I dunno, would be very hard to typo 19,950. Also, he uses the word "rare" in the add, that at least adds on 10,000 :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭scoobymunster

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kate-middleton-vw-golf-Ebay-/170668253606#ht_782wt_1138
    Guy buys a VW Golf for £1400 at auction, previously owned by one Kate Middleton and puts on a crazy reserve price for it. Final bid came in at £48,100(:eek:) which still hadn't reached the reserve. How much can a cars former owner really improve the price of a bog standard car like a Golf?:confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement