Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

And the winner of dreamer of the year is...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

JustLen wrote: »
    Alright I know it one of the lowest milage around for its age and she is a minter in fairness but is this fella off his TITS!

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1918310

7k ... is he for fcuking real... best laugh all day that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭GalwayKiefer

homer90 wrote: »

If not sold by Sunday
    the 2 x 1/4 panels will be removed and the car will be dumped which would be a shame so be quick.

Oh my God, quick - where's my wallet!?
    Eejit...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭mondeo

Surely this fella is dreaming

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1935351

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭scoobymunster

Mondeo, it's actually a lady owner. Still don't see why some ads bother about mentioning it's a lady owner. Plenty of girls I know are just as horrible behind the wheel(and for lack of maintenance) as guys so it wouldn't make a car sound any more/less appealing.:confused:

Mondeo, it's actually a lady owner. Still don't see why some ads bother about mentioning it's a lady owner. Plenty of girls I know are just as horrible behind the wheel(and for lack of maintenance) as guys so it wouldn't make a car sound any more/less appealing.:confused:

It states it's a lady owner anyways. My current car said lady owner on the add yet it had a bloke on the log book.. I'd prefer buying from a bloke anyways for my own reasons.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭skyhighflyer

One of the best I've seen yet.
    not many in ireland and not for sale car actually not for sell but looking for entuziast so dont bother call for silly questions if i get an offer in price i may consider

Words can't express how much I fcuking hate advertisers like this. Yes Chris, please let me call you up and convince you into selling me your car for merely double what it's worth on a good day. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Words can't express how much I fcuking hate advertisers like this. Yes Chris, please let me call you up and convince you into selling me your car for merely double what it's worth on a good day. :rolleyes:
    Tell him to his face - he's posted on this thread http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056191497 ;)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

mondeo wrote: »
    mondeo wrote: »
    It states it's a lady owner anyways. My current car said lady owner on the add yet it had a bloke on the log book.. I'd prefer buying from a bloke anyways for my own reasons.

deffo lady owner. shes a member of the BMW Drivers Forum.

to give an idea of price, my mam sold her 2004 318Ci MSport in Dec 2009 with 13k on it, (she owned it from new and had a FBMWSH with receipts etc to confirm mileage) for 12.5k also.
    although the market has dropped a bit since then. i personally think it should be advertised for approx 11k if she wants a sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Wanderer81

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/vintagecars/1937624

1350 for a 1 Litre starlet :eek::eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭andyseadog

Wanderer81 wrote: »
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/vintagecars/1937624

1350 for a 1 Litre starlet :eek::eek::eek:

believe it or not, thats the kind of money they are making these days. young lads are mad for them and that one has tax and test! 'boxy starlet baii'.

theres been a lot of them lately advertised in and around 1000 euro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

And if it was just 2 or 3 years older, it would even be RWD and worth an absolute fortune to some.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Wanderer81

But thats the thing i would understand if it was RWD or had a turbo engine or was solid gold but its just a standard starlet,its madness.rolleyes.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

There a few FWD models tarted up alright. Sick fuhkers if you ask me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭andyseadog

well if people are willing to buy at that price and they seem to be, then the asking price is reasonable.

and you can bet your balls that if you just keep changing that cars oil (or maybe even if you dont) it will go forever, easily passing 200,000 miles which would put a lot of modern cars to shame.

Some lad will buy it, stick a set of superlites on it and naively advertise it for 4 times the purchase price, sit on his arse for 6 months waiting for it to never sell. It's the impression that I get when I see these yokes:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

kceire wrote: »
    deffo lady owner. shes a member of the BMW Drivers Forum.

to give an idea of price, my mam sold her 2004 318Ci MSport in Dec 2009 with 13k on it, (she owned it from new and had a FBMWSH with receipts etc to confirm mileage) for 12.5k also.
    although the market has dropped a bit since then. i personally think it should be advertised for approx 11k if she wants a sale.

I know age comes into it a lot...but when you consider I picked up a 330ci with only 10k more on it, and full NCT, all for 2k...that 318 is very overpriced.

I've noticed that a lot on BMW-Driver...the cars are astronomically priced a lot of the time.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

ottostreet wrote: »
    I know age comes into it a lot...but when you consider I picked up a 330ci with only 10k more on it, and full NCT, all for 2k...that 318 is very overpriced.

I've noticed that a lot on BMW-Driver...the cars are astronomically priced a lot of the time.

what year was the 330Ci?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

00 IIRC.

I sold a boxy Starlet with faded paint and a bit of rust last year for €800!

They do make stupid money, but they're great craic to drive!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

kceire wrote: »
    what year was the 330Ci?

00...as I said I know age comes into it, but paying 10k more for essentially the same car with a smaller engine, just beucase its an 05!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

andyseadog wrote: »
    well if people are willing to buy at that price and they seem to be, then the asking price is reasonable.

and you can bet your balls that if you just keep changing that cars oil (or maybe even if you dont) it will go forever, easily passing 200,000 miles which would put a lot of modern cars to shame.

could not agree more.

these starlets, need very simple nct, no need emmision tests. extremly simple and easy to repair. cheap tax. cheap insurance. soon classics...

1350 is really not bad price.

with little work, these look really prety. and you dont need stupid bodykits or something to make them look good. For young lads its perfect car.

in all fairness i would even drive one too now, my car is killing me lately. 2eu per leter of petrol wount help too.

• Advertisement

I wouldn't drive a boxy as a daily! Absolutely no safety or comforts in them at all, they're reliable and easy because they have absolute nothing to wrong!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1854367

bit of a dreamer, what ye reckon

padma wrote: »

Keep an eye, that'll be gone soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Keep an eye, that'll be gone soon.
    Over a grand for a 96 car with 250k miles?

Dont think its going anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭CosmicJay

Max Power1 wrote: »
    Over a grand for a 96 car with 250k miles?

You underestimate how ''scene'' that car is to some.

Somebodys gonna pick it up drop it on its arse and call it euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭langdang

Max Power1 wrote: »
    I often think that when I see a Vento too, but on closer inspection they are usually moving veeeery slowly, possible under the influence of electrostatic forces built up in the ear hair of the mad farmer at the wheel.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Conor_M1990

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭dougie-lampkin

padma wrote: »

Over two years tax and test? If he somehow has gotten two years genuine 1.9l tax on it then it's basically free :pac: 1300 is a bit steep but it looks like a nice clean car.

"Taxd till march" = Comes with no tax. And with an "explode" cd player :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

Golf mk4 1.9 Tdi (€950)

LOL....

49182723.jpg
    ok theres not much left engine doesent run airbags out .the car will never be on the road again i want it gone because im sick of lucking at it its a English car ,it was crashed 2 times before this one and stolen 1 time the alloys are off it and it is now on blocks ,my sone broke all the windows so they will need to be fixed

great car tho

Ah, thats funny :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Rick Deckard

homer90 wrote: »
    Golf mk4 1.9 Tdi (€950)

LOL ......

49182723.jpg

Ah, thats funny :D

have you the link to the ad?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement