Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

And the winner of dreamer of the year is...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Hachiko

thats a serious Merc, if the milage is genuine its worth almost near that price.

Just seen a 06 in England for £10k.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Hachiko wrote: »
    thats a serious Merc, if the milage is genuine its worth almost near that price.

Just seen a 06 in England for £10k.

It definitely isn't

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

TrailerBob wrote: »
    It appears as though my sarcasm detector is malfunctioning... I'm scared that you might be serious...:eek:

if the cut rear springs were replaced with something legal that would pass the NCT id have no problem driving it as a leftfield daily:)
    cult cars and the last true volvos:D

It definitely isn't

well judging from your taste in cars i'm not surprised you don't like a s500.

Doubt you would get that for 3 or 4k or whatever ye think its worth.

well judging from your taste in cars i'm not surprised you don't like a s500.

Doubt you would get that for 3 or 4k or whatever ye think its worth.

My Jag S type, XJ and Honda Legend have all been superior cars to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

davycc wrote: »
    if the cut rear springs were replaced with something legal that would pass the NCT id have no problem driving it as a leftfield daily:)
    cult cars and the last true volvos:D

Well, you'd have to put something more solid than a beer can into the engine bay, that rebuild sounds iffy, suspension work all round, the wheel are ridiculous, the interior is so bad there isn't even a picture and he ripped out the back, that car is nothing but a project. Maybe even a viable one, but I wouldn't bet on it. And 2200 is crazy money for a shed with no tax, no test.

Well, you'd have to put something more solid than a beer can into the engine bay, that rebuild sounds iffy, suspension work all round, the wheel are ridiculous, the interior is so bad there isn't even a picture and he ripped out the back, that car is nothing but a project. Maybe even a viable one, but I wouldn't bet on it. And 2200 is crazy money for a shed with no tax, no test.

worth about 400e as it sits, the beer can is just a badly decorated ignition coil.

suspension work in the back only 2 springs hopefully:D to get her nctd

worth more as a track/drift car at the minute

i like the wheels and ive gotten by with only 1 seat before in my other fun/road/track cars like ignis sport and a mk2 golf:D

I there anything to be said for how utterly shie those wheels look?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Long Time Lurker

"Not pushed on selling"

So we can see. :-)

http://www.adverts.ie/7697576

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

"Not pushed on selling"

Surely he put an extra 0 at the end by mistake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Assuming no one is daft enough not to realise the Volvo is a complete drift slut, why is there talk of replacing the interior or fixing the suspension? :pac:

It's over prices but it's a car that's built to be crashed.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Keep_Her_Lit

"Not pushed on selling"

"car is like brand new" :rolleyes:

353431.png

353432.png

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

I wonder is that the same guy that sold a Rover BRM before

ba_barabus wrote: »
    I wonder is that the same guy that sold a Rover BRM before

it was in the south east for sure and there arnt too many rover 25 fanboys in the entire country:)

My Jag S type, XJ and Honda Legend have all been superior cars to be honest.

if the milage is legit its basically a new s500. A legend is a fine car, what gen is yours? A S class is a different league to a legend in all fairness though.

if the milage is legit its basically a new s500. A legend is a fine car, what gen is yours? A S class is a different league to a legend in all fairness though.

My Legend had just about every option the S class has. Electric, heated, cooled seats front and rear with massage function. TV/ DVD/ Sat nav, cruise control, climate, cooled glove box, blinds for rear windows etc.

Absolutely no denying it lacked in the engine department and a Mercedes is obviously more prestigious than a Honda but I am certainly clued up on selling cars like this

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

"Not pushed on selling"

What is he thinking? The price, the colour, the state of the car, he is asking vtec or mivec prices for that heap.

My Legend had just about every option the S class has. Electric, heated, cooled seats front and rear with massage function. TV/ DVD/ Sat nav, cruise control, climate, cooled glove box, blinds for rear windows etc.

Absolutely no denying it lacked in the engine department and a Mercedes is obviously more prestigious than a Honda but I am certainly clued up on selling cars like this

I know honda Legends, They are very nice but you are fooling yourself to think its better than a S class, even with the specification on the Legend the S class is a bit of a step up. Don't think Honda were competing at that end of the segment with the Legend no more than Lexus made a IS to compete with it and certainly my IS has almost all that stuff minus a cooled glove box.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

In these situation, it really helps not to be a snob.

I know honda Legends, They are very nice but you are fooling yourself to think its better than a S class, even with the specification on the Legend the S class is a bit of a step up. Don't think Honda were competing at that end of the segment with the Legend no more than Lexus made a IS to compete with it and certainly my IS has almost all that stuff minus a cooled glove box.

In 1999 my Dad had a Honda Legend and it cost more than an S class. I didn't say it or any Legend was a better car but your comment "judging by your taste in cars I'm not surprised you don't like an S class" is just ridiculous because you clearly do not now the half of it.

This is the second time in as many weeks where you really show how much of a rude prick you are

Edit; I haven't a clue why the ":cool:" is in the title?

• Advertisement

Don't see what you are getting in a huff for, a top spec S class is used to potter presidents and the like out. A paddy spec S class might have cost less than a Legend but the one in the photo certainly could not be got for bargain basement money.

As for a Legend being better than a S class, think we will agree to disagree on that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭Sheep Lover

A Honda Legend and an S Class are quite similar really. In the same vein that a Lexus and a Corolla are very similar.

Don't see what you are getting in a huff for, a top spec S class is used to potter presidents and the like out. A paddy spec S class might have cost less than a Legend but the one in the photo certainly could not be got for bargain basement money.

As for a Legend being better than a S class, think we will agree to disagree on that one.

As for your IS being a glorified Avensis we'll agree to disagree on that

• Registered Users Posts: 73,396 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Let's leave it there lads, take it to PM, Write strongly worded letters, get on to Joe Duffy, but keep it off-thread

As for your IS being a glorified Avensis we'll agree to disagree on that

knew you would have a pip at the auld lexus, a glorified avensis with switches from a corolla. :)

A honda Legend is not even sold on these shores no more, I am sure if if was as good as ye mention it would be used to wheel the likes of enda kenny and co about.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,396 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

ok, maybe a ban will get your attention, see you in a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭ShaunieVW

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/volkswagon-golf/9781420

I love a good mk2 and prices are going up but this takes the biscuit for a car needing a lot of work.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

ShaunieVW wrote: »

I love a good mk2 and prices are going up but this takes the biscuit for a car needing a lot of work.
    not your usual heap of rubbish

It looks rusty enough to me but maybe that's the pictures. You would want to look at the underbody for rust as that's the worst place to get rust and obviously the price is a bit much as well

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

God Lord, I cant believe your man selling that mark II has the gaul to say and I quote;

"not your usual heap of rubbish"

I wonder what by his reckoning constitutes your usual heap of rubbish?

• Advertisement

ShaunieVW wrote: »

scrapyard fresh:P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement