Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

And the winner of dreamer of the year is...

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

djimi wrote: »
    That ad has pretty much everything that I hate about DoneDeal right there. Arrogant prick of a seller who is just "testing the waters" (what the hell does that even mean; you either want to sell or you dont), with an overvalued "minter" (when is a second hand car ever mint?!!) and a rotten attitude. Add to that a series of dreadful pictures taken on a camera phone, and a mobile number without even so much as a name, and you have the reason why I cant be arsed trawling through that site most of the time. That car would want to be either exceptionally rare or exceptionally cheap to make me want to spend even ten seconds talking to that guy.

Nice of him to put the mileage in though! :pac:

Amazing how someone can write an essay for an ad, but not put in a crucial detail.

I'd love to find out where he gets these "150%" parts, would save me a fortune 'cause when I get new parts, I can only get them in 100%. :)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

And the usually sh*tty attitude from the get go. Sounds like a wanker.

Ha ha, what a clown! Does he think its a 200k car he is selling.

I actually know what car as it does be down around me as he might be driving for them lads there in the lorries in the picture.

Money to test drive.... FFS

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

That ad has pretty much everything that I hate about DoneDeal right there. Arrogant prick of a seller who is just "testing the waters" (what the hell does that even mean; you either want to sell or you dont), with an overvalued "minter" (when is a second hand car ever mint?!!) and a rotten attitude. Add to that a series of dreadful pictures taken on a camera phone, and a mobile number without even so much as a name, and you have the reason why I cant be arsed trawling through that site most of the time. That car would want to be either exceptionally rare or exceptionally cheap to make me want to spend even ten seconds talking to that guy.

it's a free country, if a deluded seller want to see what kind of money he can get for his old golf, shure whats the harm.

Donedeal is basically the old BUY AND SELL, but online......full of oul' shyte being hawked by queestionable clowns.

Nothing ever changes.

Hate it or not, if you want to find a car- DD is where you'll find it, as it gets half a million irish views a day....if a car goes up for sale, it gonna be on DD.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭Bigus

At least he had the sense to keep it under 20 k , I'd say that was a tough decision for him.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/mercedes-benz-sl-class-soft-top-and-har/4346520

17402363.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Bigus wrote: »
    At least he had the sense to keep it under 20 k , I'd say that was a tough decision for him.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/mercedes-benz-sl-class-soft-top-and-har/4346520

17402363.jpeg

That really does belong in this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

hopefully a typo

• Registered Users Posts: 13,238 ✭✭✭✭djimi

My first thought also, however it wouldn't surprise me if it wasn't!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭Kaiser D

94 Metro - €1000
    27698427.jpeg
    Looks very clean, but for an end of production model with no tax or test €1k seems very hefty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭rocky

• Registered Users Posts: 73,383 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

• Advertisement

Even at (presumably) €1500 thats mental.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

8000 for an 11 year old guzzler. I wouldn't pay 800 for it. The tax alone would break ye.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Kaiser D wrote: »
    Even at (presumably) €1500 thats mental.

Yea that is overpriced even at €1500

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Its pretty sad that we seem to be that uneducated a nation that any numbers in the thousands so many people are unable to grasp them....that's the way it would seem to me anyway a lot of the time:rolleyes:

As for the Golf R32, does he really expect to sell the car with that sort of description let alone the price....

€2000
    27777199.jpeg
    Its a lovely car, but €2k for a Tempra that hasn't had an NCT in 5 years and hasn't seen the road in 8 is mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭BdaraB

€2000

We had what may have well been that exact car when I was young and to keep it relevant here's a 05 RAV4 for €11,750
    no-image-large.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

€2000
    27777199.jpeg
    Its a lovely car, but €2k for a Tempra that hasn't had an NCT in 5 years and hasn't seen the road in 8 is mental.

Its at concourse money and isn't nearly in concourse condition.

It'll be years before they are worth that kind of money for an above average example.

With the right price that would sell but the current asking price is beyond a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,481 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

rocky wrote: »
    03 R32 8k ad text is "Must sell before Saint Patrick's Day.."

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/st-patricks-day-golf-sale/6598546

27768103.jpeg

Granted he didn't say Patricks day of which year....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

mloc123 wrote: »

The seats alone probably account for about a third of the price in fairness!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

The seats alone probably account for about a third of the price in fairness!

exactly. a set or those recaros go for €3-400 easy. a good 4e-fte engine would probably go for the same. €200 for scrap for the rest of the car maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,174 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

exactly. a set or those recaros go for €3-400 easy. a good 4e-fte engine would probably go for the same. €200 for scrap for the rest of the car maybe?

Yeah, but it's still some load of munt considering what 1,200 brick buys you these days.

jimgoose wrote: »
    Yeah, but it's still some load of munt considering what 1,200 brick buys you these days.

Dont get me wrong, its a heap of ****, but in reality its a €500 car with a €400 set of seats in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

He had the seats up for 250e separately before and nobody bit...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

mloc123 wrote: »

Best bit:
    would pass test easy

:D:D:D Aye, right it would.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

jimgoose wrote: »

ah yeah, don't get me wrong, it's a bucket :).

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

PauloMN wrote: »
    Best bit:

:D:D:D Aye, right it would.

Someone has offered him €50.:eek:
    He should take their hand and all.
    Some bucket of **** ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,289 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Someone has offered €900

Jaysus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

Someone has offered €900

Jaysus

I'm very tempted to offer him my saab and see what he says :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,289 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Its a field car at best.

Might even make the sheep lose their lambs the state of it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement