Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

And the winner of dreamer of the year is...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

That 328i could be a Nikasil issue waiting to happen. Once 60-70k miles go up on it, it could be fit for the bin. (E36/E39 6 cylinder engines had issues with the nikasil cylinder head linings getting eaten by high octane fuels, causing chronic oil usage, power loss and scary emissions. :(. Thats probably why the mileage is so low.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

Andrewf20 wrote: »
    That 328i could be a Nikasil issue waiting to happen. Once 60-70k miles go up on it, it could be fit for the bin. (E36/E39 6 cylinder engines had issues with the nikasil cylinder head linings getting eaten by high octane fuels, causing chronic oil usage, power loss and scary emissions. :(. Thats probably why the mileage is so low.
    The Nikasil cylinder lining failure is not being caused by high octane fuels. The failure is due to a high sulphur content in fuel. The chemical reaction between the sulphur in the fuel and the nickel lining in the block eats the lining and if it goes deeper to the block alloy, the engine is gone.
    This is only a problem in the USA and in some parts of UK (Noth of England AFAIK), as their fuels contain higher amount of sulphur. So if that BMW is an Irish car, I wouldn't be wory about that. And in fact, the Nikasil cylinder lining is a great idea and makes the engines last longer and performs better.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭milltown

"Original tyres"??!!

Please tell me nobody would drive a reasonably powerful RWD car on 16 year old tyres.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Seweryn wrote: »
    This is only a problem in the USA and in some parts of UK (Noth of England AFAIK), as their fuels contain higher amount of sulphur..

The problem never arose in the US because BMW predicted it and used iron in all the engines intended for the US market instead of the nickel.

Damokc wrote: »
    Is there any sure way of getting one of these cars that won't blow up? Are the Stronger Gasket Kits any help really? I'd chance buying one if the engine would stay intact! i think they look really good:o
    plus at 28 I really need to get rid of my Civic:o and these are the only other option for a 1.4 that wont be like a push bike.

Yeah, check the coolant regularly and if it starts dropping find out why. I put 100k miles on a 1.4 K and it was on the original HG when I bought it at 32k miles.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Did someone say barge :D

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/vintagecars/2974162

View2-9912432.jpeg

Not the most off the wall price we've ever seen in here but c'mon, its an XM. You pay to have them taken away, not the other way round :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

Seweryn wrote: »
    The Nikasil cylinder lining failure is not being caused by high octane fuels. The failure is due to a high sulphur content in fuel. The chemical reaction between the sulphur in the fuel and the nickel lining in the block eats the lining and if it goes deeper to the block alloy, the engine is gone.
    This is only a problem in the USA and in some parts of UK (Noth of England AFAIK), as their fuels contain higher amount of sulphur. So if that BMW is an Irish car, I wouldn't be wory about that. And in fact, the Nikasil cylinder lining is a great idea and makes the engines last longer and performs better.

Sorry yep, thats what i meant, i.e. high sulphur content. My beemer was struck with it even though there was no mention or reference of it being imported. However, I cant be sure it was not driven in the UK in its early years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭Sobanek

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭tuborg_man

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3220672

2450 euro for a 97 colt with 130,000 miles and no nct, mental

Full-10998396.jpeg

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

/\- what a sh1t paint job.........

lol.....and that guy with the merc will be sitting on that car for a while....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Saab Ed wrote: »

Not the most off the wall price we've ever seen in here but c'mon, its an XM. You pay to have them taken away, not the other way round :p

Also, my GOD do those look sh*t in white!
    Who ordered it in that color? It's horrendous.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Sobanek wrote: »

Hmm one word came to mind when I saw that other than laugh at the price is

clocked.

A 8 year old UK Merc with only 50k miles hmm...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

View2-9912432.jpeg

Unusual that in that it is a '94 that has the pre facelift look

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

tuborg_man wrote: »
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3220672

2450 euro for a 97 colt with 130,000 miles and no nct, mental

Oh dear, where to start?
    Mint? I think he meant manky.
    Did you see the bottom lip of that spoiler? Aaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!
    NCT ready, yeah, we heard them all before.
    yellow headlights 100watt (better than HID's) If by better he means nothing like them, yes.

But:
    TIMEWASTERS WILL NOT BE TREATED POLITELY!!!!

Is just code for "Don't bother calling me, I'm a cranky, contrary cnut and if you think I'm giving you attitude now, wait till you meet me!"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Sobanek wrote: »

Close the thread you are the winner in finding this one !! Off his head.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭el diablo

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

View2-9912432.jpeg

Ah, but it's not in the normal cars section, it's the vintage cars section. That means it's a classic car, not a shítbox. The value of that car will actually go up, it's an investment :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Full-11069336.jpeg
    Full-11069338.jpeg

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3235647
    1989 Corolla Van Diesel 1.8
    Mileage 159,000 Miles

Price...

Wait for it.........

€ 2,250 :eek::eek::eek:

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭mondeo

don't you love the way these characters with old cars think they are sitting on a gold mine?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,040 ✭✭✭✭neris

mondeo wrote: »
    don't you love the way these characters with old cars think they are sitting on a gold mine?

well after seeing that corrolla van at 2250 i cant wait to put my 406 coupe up and dream up a price for it. oooohhhh must be worth 20k.

neris wrote: »
    well after seeing that corrolla van at 2250 i cant wait to put my 406 coupe up and dream up a price for it. oooohhhh must be worth 20k.

Schtick a Ferrari badge on the front of it and it would be..

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭randy hickey

• Registered Users Posts: 6,266 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Full-11083455.jpeg

PMSL at this one
    This is a 1 off 7 / 8 seater family car loaded out with extras and its IRISH not an Japanese automatic drinker.

Translated loosely as paddy special 1.6 that wouldn't pull the skin off a bowl of cold soup
    BMW M5 1 off costumed body kit, eye brow on front and back lights, spoiler, side skirts ect.

all for €1500, a steal because
    Reluctant sale as need something to toe a trailer.

Now we're full circle to the underpowered, gutless, downright dangerous performance that this dreamer tries to make a virtue of.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

Too many episodes of pimp my ride!!!
    'Deco has a s**tbox that his granddad gave him, he has too much money and not much going on between his ears.
    He has no idea, he's about to waste weeks of his life, a ton of money and have people make fun of his ad on the internet!'

As for the diesels, the country has gone mad for them and dealers seem to able to charge what they like now!

Cui bono?

hoodie6029 wrote: »
    Too many episodes of pimp my ride!!!
    'Deco has a s**tbox that his granddad gave him, he has too much money and not much going on between his ears.
    He has no idea, he's about to waste weeks of his life, a ton of money and have people make fun of his ad on the internet!'

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭MickySticks

And it's not even taxed. :rolleyes:

It's not about the number on the clock tbh! If that car has a full service history and you got a couple of hundred off maybe get it for €1900, then it's not dreaming in my book. Those engines can take the mileage so it wouldn't worry me.

As for it being taxed well when a years tax is 25% of the asking price I wouldn't expect there to be much tax on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Top Dog

I'd be stunned if this seller gets a single call, unless its to laugh uncontrollably down the line at them!

Ok, its only €600, but jeeebus - would it really have killed them to throw a bucket of water over it for the pics?

Full-11116529.jpeg

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3245081

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement