Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Past Life Regression

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Holopimp

Thaedydal wrote: »
    The famous people think always makes me laugh esp when people try and then explain
    it with references to soul shards.

That's it! It was soul shards, as well as alternate dimensions, that David Wells was using to explain away how several people could have been the same historical figure. Where did you find out about soul shards?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Whats soul shards?
    I'm guessing from the name that basically the soul can split and divide itself, kinda like bacteria (sorry no offence mean to the soul!!!)

Sounds like a convenient explanation to me but I am naturally skeptical, curious to have it done to me though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

Shinners23 wrote: »
    Hi All,

I've decided to give this a go. Has any one here done this? Would you recommend it. What should I expect?

Thanks in advance

I gave that a go a few months back at the Dublin Hypnotherapy Clinic on Wicklow Street. They call it 'hypno-analytical therapy' though. I chanced one session and I ended up seeing myself standing on these cobblestoned streets from what looked like the 17th or 18th Century because of the way the people around me were dressed. It was a bit strange alright but I think it's the imagination working. I was instructed to pass through some ' blue mist' and all this other craic when he was hypnotising me. Interesting enough and all but it didn't make much of an impression on me tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Shinners23

I gave that a go a few months back at the Dublin Hypnotherapy Clinic on Wicklow Street. They call it 'hypno-analytical therapy' though. I chanced one session and I ended up seeing myself standing on these cobblestoned streets from what looked like the 17th or 18th Century because of the way the people around me were dressed. It was a bit strange alright but I think it's the imagination working. I was instructed to pass through some ' blue mist' and all this other craic when he was hypnotising me. Interesting enough and all but it didn't make much of an impression on me tbh

Yes that's the place I went also. I found it fasinating. I was a labouror in an orchard and I had a child with me that wasn't mine? Was also male. When it was finished I remember feeling physically sick... Good experience though. Love trying new things

Shinners23 wrote: »
    Yes that's the place I went also. I found it fasinating. I was a labouror in an orchard and I had a child with me that wasn't mine? Was also male. When it was finished I remember feeling physically sick... Good experience though. Love trying new things

Ah yeah, like I'd give most things a go once for the craic of it. Even though yer man said that any issues (phobias, addictions, habits,etc) people have can be helped by the regression,I went into the whole thing with curiosity more than anything else. I felt very conscious and 'with it' throughout the session and I had no trouble snapping out of it when he counted down from 10 at the end. I have it all on a CD but I havent bothered listening to it because I'd be embarassed listening to myself talk in it.

Who knows what was behind (if at all) you being a labourer in an orchard with a son beside you? You never know like. All you can take from it for sure is that it was all pretty cool and interesting. I'm not so sure about people undergoing this therapy over many sessions to resolve serious issues, even though that fella in the clinic gave examples of 'curing' people. Like,he said that there was one woman who came to him because she was a compulsive over-eater (and obese with it) and her sessions revealed that she had starved and died in the Irish Famine yonks ago. So he was saying that 'Oh she's eating things left, right, centre, up and down in this life because she's tormented by the memory of starving to death in her past life'.

Can hypnotherapists spin yarns about 'success stories'? The ones that are registered w/ the Institute of Clinical Hypnotherapy Ireland? You'd think they'd be held back in doing that by their code of ethics and what not. They might be making sh!t up for all we know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

I have had 2 different people do regression on me.

The first was in Dublin about 14yrs ago. When I was 12yrs old I had a strange experience with lights one night while in bed and when I was 22 I finally talked to my parents (at seperate times) and one said I had come into their room "with sparks flying off me" and the other said I "had a strange blue glow around" me. This got me interested in finding out what was going on and I went to get regression.

First day of it was grand but on the 2nd day I started describing an alien abduction and it was so real to me that I started to panic and brought on an asthma attack so I had to be brought out of it. Was too freaked to go again.

A few years later I was talking to someone where I now live about it and they suggested I go to a lady they knew who did regression. I went and again described an alien abduction. This time I didnt panic but my partner at the time got very freaked out about the whole situation and we ended up breaking up over it so I didnt go back again coz was too upset.

I would love to go again but get past that 12yr old me and go into past lives. My ex-husband reckons I was strangled in a past life and thought he understood why!

I do think I died with something to do with my neck as I cant wear tight necklaces or tops that come above the collar bone, and for years couldnt wear my long hair down round my face as I felt restricted and smothered.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Logan

This is something I'd really love to do..

Logan wrote: »
    This is something I'd really love to do..

Ya you should. At best it's a good laugh and it's interesting. Dont know anything about havin asthma attacks and panic attacks like yer wan above there, but s'pose it's different for everyone.

Witchie wrote: »

First day of it was grand but on the 2nd day I started describing an alien abduction and it was so real to me that I started to panic and brought on an asthma attack so I had to be brought out of it. Was too freaked to go again..

What usually brings on ur asthma attacks and can I ask u how often you'd get attacks outside of past life regression stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

What usually brings on ur asthma attacks and can I ask u how often you'd get attacks outside of past life regression stuff?

I have about 2 attacks a year tops, usually when I have the flu or if am under extreme stress. I only developed Asthma after the age of 12 btw.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 enlightened mind

At Integrative Therapy <link snipped> I have seen a huge increase in interest in past life work. The session can be very insightful, liberating and healing. Occasionally clients in hypnosis spontaneously enter a past life, without guidance, or leading. These tend to be the most interesting cases and tend to be the most powerful in resolving present day issues. There is some debate on whether past lives uncovered are a metaphor for current life issues, tapping into a universal mind or just fantasy. Whatever ones beliefs or perceptions are, the most important issue is whether the regression brings someone closer to the truth of who they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭dyer

would love to try this for myself sometime.

i actually saw an interesting documentary on the subject recently, it was called 'Extraordinary People – The Boy Who Lived Before'. a quick google should allow ya to stream it from somewhere :) apparently theres an established field of study in america gathering cases of young children who appear to retain knowledge of past lives and things they shouldnt know.. most of them forget everything by a certain age.
    Ever since he could talk, Cameron has been telling stories of his life on Barra, a remote island in the Outer Hebrides, some 220 miles from his current home in Glasgow. He describes in detail his childhood on the island: the white house he lived in, the black-and-white dog he walked on the beach. He talks about his mother, seven siblings and his father, Shane Robertson, who died when he was run over by a car.

Nothing strange about all that. Except the fact that Cameron is only five years old now; his memories seem to be of a former life. Cameron’s stories have become increasingly more detailed since he first started telling them, and the shock of him insisting “I’m a Barra boy, I’m a Barra boy” has worn off a little. But his emotional attachment to his ‘Barra mum’ concerns his mother, and there’s clearly something going on in the poor kid’s head when he says, “My real barra dad doesn’t look left and right.” Intrigued by her enigmatic son, Cameron’s mother Norma has decided to investigate his claims.

Everyone who comes across Cameron is sceptical, but his stories are just so consistent. In her search to find a rational explanation for Cameron’s tales of his Barra childhood, Norma first visits psychologist Dr Chris French, editor of The Skeptic magazine. French suggests that Cameron might simply have acquired knowledge about Barra through TV or a family friend, and thus invented the stories himself.

Norma isn’t satisfied by this. Her next port of call is educational psychologist Karen Majors, who tells her that the way that Cameron describes his Barra world is similar to the way in which some children speak about imaginary places and people, except that Cameron really seems to believe that he has seen the things he describes first-hand; he also doesn’t seem to be able to control his ‘fantasy’ as other children do. Norma decides to investigate the possibility of reincarnation, contacting leading expert Dr Jim Tucker at the University of Virginia.

Tucker has investigated countless statements of reincarnation from children across the world. One of the cases he refers to comes from the American mid-West. Gus Taylor was 18 months old when he first began claiming to be his own grandfather returned to his family, saying “I used to be big and now I’m a kid again.” At four he was given a photograph album in which he identified his grandfather as a young boy in a group school photo as well as his first car. He startled his parents with knowledge they couldn’t comprehend him having about an aunt who had been murdered. Gus talks about falling through a porthole. Cameron also frequently alludes to falling through a hole from Barra; he is very calm about death because he believes we come back.

Norma always promised Cameron they could go back to Barra and with Dr Tucker’s encouragement, she takes her son to the island to see if any of his ‘previous life’ tales of the island can be verified. She hopes it will give him some perspective. Cameron has often described watching aeroplanes land on the beach from the family house – true to his memory, the beach does double as a runway. “Mummy, I recognise every single bit,” he whispers.

They set off to try to find the house Cameron has talked about, which must be located at the north end of the island to provide the view of the beach he has described. They fail to find it. A local historian calls them to say that he has information about the Robertsons, a mainland family, and the address of the house where they used to spend the summer during the 1960s and 1970s. The usual talkative and animated Cameron is suddenly nervous, and when they visit the house he’s strangely subdued. The house and its environs have a lot in common with Cameron’s descriptions over the last three years.

Initially, the trip seems to be a success, but Norma and Dr Tucker’s research into the Robertson family comes to nothing; the trail is running cold. On returning to the mainland, Norma visits a geneaologist to find out more about the Robertson family and discovers a lady called Gilly, who as a child would have frequented the summer house at the same time that Cameron claims he did in his former life. Will their meeting confirm a connection? And, crucially, will Norma and her son learn anything about the identity of Shane Robertson, the man Cameron claims was once his father?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

What a lovely story

That's all it is, though, a story

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 newnobody

i remember when i was a child of about 4 id say i kept staring at my hands trying to remember who i was i kept telling my mam that i was somone else and it was frustrating me because i couldnt just remember who :confused: i was convinced of this til i was about 6-7 when i look back now i remember how annoyed i was that i couldnt remember my proper name. havent thought much of it since then

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

I would love to do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Bajingo

mysterious wrote: »
    Everything lies within your DNA code;) Everything, dormant genes, dormant thoughts, dormant evolutions, dormant experiences from ancestors, dormant traits.

Your DNA is the map of the cosmos all within you.

Hypnosis and extreme relaxtion opens these unlimited portals that can be accessed by the storehouse of knowledge that lies within you.

When I was 16 I had a flashback, of no recollection of this life, had me in a fit on the ground r oaring crying for 10 mins, and As time went by the actual premonition what I had, fitted every coincidence that appeared in my present life for many years. Now because I'm not gullable and I believe there has to be a logical explanation to it.

To this day I cant, infact that experience I had is very important to me.

We are interdimensional cosmic beings that can access any part of the universe at will. That is if you evovled;)

I disagree with this..i'm to dependent on cold hard evidence and this doesnt make sense..i'm not bashing..I would actually really like to have a go at this, i'd love to have a friend watch over it and record it and then later, listen to what I said and see how I physically reacted to questions..

Advertisement