Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tough times my H&LE!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭pisslips

wait so I'm not going to get a job next September?
    Can't we just make more money?:rolleyes:

Yeah, seriously though, I've never looked for a job in my life, this is gonna be ridiculous.Although to young to have debt though at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

mikom wrote: »
    25% of the workforce unemployed(not working) Check

mass emmigration
    Check

bad roads & crappy cars
    Check, if not cars not crappy now, wait a few months with the state of the roads.

not to mention the troubles in the north
    Check, awful trouble finding parking up north when shopping.

and worst of all Glenroe on the telly
    Checkmate.... The Riordans were on the other night, hows that for you.

A yes Angleas Ashes will seem like beverly hills 90210 before this is finished boyo!

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Don't the Irish have a huge level of personal debt now compared to back then.

Probably, not many in the 80's remortgaging the (rapidly appreciating) house several times to pay for holidays and cars etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Cars are still crappy, just more expensive. Some of these urban assault vehicles eejits drive around the rocky outcrops of the commuter belt in are prime examples of crap cars with giant price tags.

Advertisement