Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heroes - Trust and Blood S03E15

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,815 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Heroes is passable at this stage. Maybe it will improve but it's still all a bit too madcap for me. Be nice if the odd character would stop for 2 minutes to try and develop their character a tad. In one particular direction.

I'm still watching the "Big 3" TV shows that I like - Heroes, Lost and BSG. Only one remains outstanding to this day and that would be BSG. So far ahead of everything else it's ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

musician wrote: »
    I'm still watching the "Big 3" TV shows that I like - Heroes, Lost and BSG. Only one remains outstanding to this day and that would be BSG. So far ahead of everything else it's ridiculous.

But, lost is pooey! and 24 is much better than Lost & Heroes put together!

I actually cant even think of a way to make the show [heroes] pick up :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭gazzer

Im getting increasingly annoyed with Heroes and the constant flip flopping of the characters personalities esp Nathan and HRG. There is no logical reason for the way in which their characters change each week.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,815 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

unreggd wrote: »
    But, lost is pooey! and 24 is much better than Lost & Heroes put together!

I actually cant even think of a way to make the show [heroes] pick up :(

Yeah I'm enjoying 24 again and lost is as all over the place as heroes was in series 3. Heroes still has a ways to go to recover the excellence that was series 1. As many have said the motivations for the characters particularly nathan are just beyond explanation.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,846 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

User45701 wrote: »
    i can happily say ive learnt my lesson with dexter, i havent watched it in weeksa i think im on episode 7 of the new season and not having these random fits of excitement during the week thinking whats going to happen next ? (still happens with BSg i cant not watch that)

but with dexter im happy to wait till its over then watch them all back to back - i cant wait.

Dexter finished weeks ago, and the next series isn't on until September.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭GunScope

Nice episode, leading the story along nicely,
    Peter's speech was exciting and hopefully Hiro get his power back soon, like the way he is becoming more and more the Hiro Peter met on the subway back in series 1

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Yeah this was not a good episode for me. Dialogue was poor and I particularly disliked the scene where they all decide to fight back and then the cheesy up tempo music kicked in. T'was like something from a parody.

With regards to the Lost vs Heroes debate, I think Lost is doing well. Some bits are far-fetched sure but Heroes has completely lost the plot altogether. As someone else said it's just passable at this point. I think we're just sticking with it now because we're long-term fans of it.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

The comics are canon, they actually started before the show and make for good reading if you wanna get the most out of Heroes.

I thought this was pretty good episode, it already seems more focused than Villains ever did. I can't believe Hiro never asked Ando to supercharge him, just to see what would happen. If time travel is out, maybe Hiro will get different powers or will only be able to stop or slow down time. Peter's new power isn't as impressive, but it's certainly better from a plot perspective.

Advertisement