Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would the world be a more peaceful place if Jesus was alive today?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Praise hell Satan
    the_syco wrote: »
    If Jesus was alive today would the world be a morepeaceful] place?

Jesus is alive today, his name is Chuck Norris.

Praise hell Satan
    No, he could potentialy do the complete opposite :)

He'd certainly give non-christian activists a target to aim at.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Oh yea! More mindless chuck norris slash the hoff crap please! I actually don't think it's even within the realms of possibility that it might get old.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Jesus is alive today, his name is Chuck Norris.

No, Jesus is not alive today...nor was he alive yesterday, nor was Jesus ever alive. Jesus is a very impressive product of fiction that has managed to net the Catholic Club billions and when we die we will be as aware of our conscience as an earthworm.

Chuck Norris is an immortal however.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,226 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

What was all that talk about Jesus chasing the vendors out of church? I can just imagine what he would say about his B-day being turned into one of the biggest commercial ($) holidays in the west? Would he be mad, or get an solicitor to file a suit to collect on 2000 years of royalty rights?:D

• Advertisement

Chuck Norris is an immortal however.

love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Jesus is coming!

funny_jesus_9.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Húrin

Praise hell Satan
    I don't think so. Following Jesus as friend, lord and saviour can make peace, but merely observing him cannot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Praise hell Satan
    Plus he might not care to be stared at...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Praise hell Satan
    He'd probably be on one of those Christian channels on Sky pretending to heal people. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Praise hell Satan
    Actually,

Started off small, became big, was crucified, then disappeared, only to reappear once more....With rumours of him one day returning for good?

....Is Michael Lynn Jesus....?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

Praise hell Satan
    Religion: the biggest cause of conflict since time began.
    If he were alive it would be no different. People would fight saying they believe it's him and others would say it's not. Notably the guy in white coats locking him in an asylum after some lunatic puts his hand in the air and says "I'm back."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

He would be sent packing to the nut house. Going around in robes claiming to have created the world and asking for the little children to come to him...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

Important information must be determined.

Are we talking about Joshua ben-Joseph, the actual guy who lived and walked on the earth and rebelled against the prevailing social norms of his time, preaching love for everyone, or the supersayan Jesus Christ who Christianity invented?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

He is around and the world is still fucked up, so I would have to say no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Praise hell Satan
    He's alive and well and currently looking to rent somewhere.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=58886447&postcount=111

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

TheZohan wrote: »
    He's alive and well and currently looking to rent somewhere.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=58886447&postcount=111

In fairness, it's about time. Living in heaven with your da for 2000+ years is weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

Rb wrote: »
    Erm, probably. Simply because, if he were alive today and with the knowledge and technology we have now, he would have been outed as merely (if anything) a magician and a cult leader who preyed on the weak. Christianity would collapse and probably take a few other mainstream western religions with it, and we'd avoid all the war and blood shed that religion has, and will, bring to this world.

Oh and before someone claims that the collapse of Christianity and/or faith would lead to a collapse in moral value and therefore chaos, please don't bother.

People will always find a reason to kill each other. If it's not over religion, then it'll be over who is the better atheist or who grows the nicest flowers in their front garden. The death of religion won't be the death of many of the wars, they'll still happen but under a different label.

Praise hell Satan
    Caoimhín wrote: »
    He would be sent packing to the nut house. Going around in robes claiming to have created the world and asking for the little children to come to him...
    You've just made him sound like Gary Glitter. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Wagon

Praise hell Satan
    I think there's be a lot more trouble for him. Imagine that poor bastard stopping for a session in Whelans? Orders a few waters and turns them into wine and gets thrown out for performing a miracle that wasn't purchased at the bar...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

No, war would break out between idiots and sane people.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

Praise hell Satan
    Rb wrote: »
    Erm, probably. Simply because, if he were alive today and with the knowledge and technology we have now, he would have been outed as merely (if anything) a magician and a cult leader who preyed on the weak.

I think you'll find you're wrong there. If Jesus was still alive today then he would be over 2000 years old. I'm not really a believer but this would definatly be enough to make me religious :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Puddleduck

I think you'll find you're wrong there. If Jesus was still alive today then he would be over 2000 years old. I'm not really a believer but this would definatly be enough to make me religious :pac:

Youd have to ask for ID though...just to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Smart Bug

He is alive. He's that guy with the long hair and some wild ideas. He didn't always do what other people thought was right. You know the guy I'm talking about? He drives that blue car?

Religion: the biggest cause of conflict since time began.

Somehow, I doubt the chaps over at Meerkat Manor are fighting over scripture...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭JCDenton

What in interesting question!

I wouldn't call myself religious at all, yet - I'd still almost say "yes" to the above question. Even if it is "only slightly".

Remember how a few years ago hundreds of thousands of people around the world tuned in to watch David Blaine standing on a pillar for a few days?

If people will tune in and listen to this, and such shows as Big Brother, then surely it would sink in at some level if another famous historical figure appeared today, and began preaching his beliefs to the world.

I'm not talking about miracles; and for certain I'm not talking about world peace; but if George Bush can stir up such feelings around the world, then surely an "anti Bush" can have an opposite effect?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

Praise hell Satan
    WEll if he never lived at all, then the world would be a lot more peaceful...

I think the irony is delicious, that this man that supposedly preached peace has caused the most destruction in the history of the world through religious conflict brought about by the Christian Church :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

stovelid wrote: »
    He is around and the world is still fucked up, so I would have to say no.

"Jesus currently has no friends"

LOL, he had loads of mates before, doesn't seem that popular now. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,856 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Caoimhín wrote: »
    Going around in robes...

Would make a change from all those skangers going around in their pyjamas.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

No
    Apparently he is still alive (religious fact: he came back from the dead on the 3rd day), but I suppose his message (of peace) isn't getting thru to a few people ! :eek:
    I'm guesing what you mean is: if he were to walk the earth again, would he put a stop to all the violence, greed, killing etc ? then the answer is.........he would try his best !!

Advertisement