Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cover Girl

Options
  • 08-02-2009 12:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

Hi,
    Has anybody any idea if the Cover Girl studio in Ballymount is still open? I got a voucher to use but they haven't answered phones all week and their website doesn't appear to exist:confused: Does anybody know if they have shut down?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Dodgykeeper

I never heard of it and I work quite close, get me an address and will spin by on monday for ya!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Sheedy

Hey!
    Yes that would be great if you are around the area and you get a chance(if not don't worry!). It's Cover Girl Photographic Studios, Unit 21 Fashion City Business park, Ballymount, Dublin 12. See if there's any life about the place, I think I remember seeing it there before but that was about a year ago!
    Thank you!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

I recall seeing them before Christmas out in liffey valley shopping centre floggin their wares to the Christmas market. At the time I looked up their website too but couldn't find them back then so the fact that their web site isn't up isn't anything out of the ordinary. Hope you get sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 summer2808

hey has there been any more info on this, because I got a voucher at christmas for CoverGirl and my cousin got one too, we want to do in on the same day. Is the place still open, I'm getting the same response on the phones, theres no answer, just a machine. At first I thought it was because I was ringing at lunch time, but I rang a few times today before lunch and just getting the answer machine.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Rachelmhr

Hi Girls

I have a shoot on Saturday and they rang me yesterday off this number so try it!!

<SNIP>
    I think it's ridiculous that they dont have a website??
    Hope you get through to them!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

isnt that number a little short ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Rachelmhr

Typing error!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 TomaToma

Hi Girls
    I can see you are worried about CG studio. Short info for you studios phone number is <SNIP> studios web.: www.covergirlstudio.com email.: <SNIP> Address: 21A Fashion City, M50 Business Park, Balleymount, Dublin 24. Studio is above Flamingo store. If you calling and no one is answering pleas leave a message with your mane and phone numb. and you will get a call back very quick. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Most unprofessional thing a company can do is use a yahoo, gmail or hotmail email instead of something like "questions@domain.com", Puts me right off contacting them...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Heebie

I can't agree, the most unprofessional ones are @aol.com addresses. ;)
    Gmail isn't so bad.. but aol, yahoo or hotmail... uhm... NO!

With Gmail though..there's really not much excuse for not putting your own domain on it.. I don't think Google charges for that.
    Ricky91t wrote: »
    Most unprofessional thing a company can do is use a yahoo, gmail or hotmail email instead of something like "questions@domain.com", Puts me right off contacting them...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 rivers34

Hi Summ2808 just wondering did you get sorted on this I have also been trying to make an appointment but no one getting back to me??? Any feed back welcome!!!:mad:

summer2808 wrote: »
    hey has there been any more info on this, because I got a voucher at christmas for CoverGirl and my cousin got one too, we want to do in on the same day. Is the place still open, I'm getting the same response on the phones, theres no answer, just a machine. At first I thought it was because I was ringing at lunch time, but I rang a few times today before lunch and just getting the answer machine.:(

rivers34 wrote: »
    Hi Summ2808 just wondering did you get sorted on this I have also been trying to make an appointment but no one getting back to me??? Any feed back welcome!!!:mad:

Maybe you dialling the wrong number? it is <SNIP> as well maybe you trying to reach them on Monday or tuesday? Because studio opens from Wednesday till Saturday..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Elaine08

hi has anyone been able to contact covegirl. i have tried ringing and left a message and emailed too and no response. im a little bit worried now :eek:

I got a reply, they dont work Mon / Tues so i got a call on Wed. They didn't anwer my mail either. bear with them I think she said to me about holidays in April, I booked the 29th April but she said something about being on holiday for 2 weeks in april.

many thanks for your reply on this matter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 suse999

Hi Girls

I booked a session with Covergirls back in March for this coming Saturday and paid €75 for a 'voucher' - got a call from them today to say they have gone bust and when I asked about getting my money back she more or less laughed at me. I got some cock n bull story about the owner living in Australia and them not having her address. So Im sorry to any of you who have also bought vouchers but it looks like there will be no more photos taken at this place !

Did anyone else get the same experience ?

Suse 999, I'm sorry to hear that, I got my shot done in April just at Easter time and picked up the photo last Sat. There was a load of people there waiting for their shots to be taken could have been a hen party or something but they seemed to be working fine.

They didn't look like they were going bust to me !:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 suse999

Hi Rivers

The girl who manages it rang me yesterday and said she had taken a call from the owner yesterday morning (who is in australia and dosent know when she will be back) to say they had to close down within 24 hours. She said they are all very upset and shocked and cant believe after 5 years of working for her they only got 24 hours notice they were being sacked. Said she had the job of ringing round everyone and that this Aine person who is the owner had taken 200 peoples x €75 deposits to australia with her and left no forwarding address. Either this manager girl was silly to have made all the calls yesterday (although Im glad she did otherwise Id have made my way over from London to meet my sisters and traipsed out to south dublin for nothing) or she is an excellent actress over the phone !

Did anyone else get the same call yesterday or know of anyone who has a booking ???

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I'd advise anyone stung by this to post here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=580 and ask advice on how to proceed.

You'd probably need to find the liquidator and look for your money off them.

I did a whois of the www.covergirlstudio.com site, and got this info:

Aine Conville
    21A Fashion City
    M50 Business Park, Ballymount
    Dublin
    Ireland,D24
    IE

• Registered Users Posts: 22 annabelle79

How do you go about finding who the liquidator is?
    Other than boards.ie this is the only place I have found any info or even mention that the company has gone bust!

I was looking forward to using my voucher!:(

• Advertisement

Hi everyone, We are the x staff from covergirl I just wanted to say we had no clue the owner was planning to close covergirl. We went into work last wednesday and received a phone call from Australia to say we were let go on that very day all we could do was grab the orders to deliver to anyone who paid money we have no way of refunding the vouchers as we didn't get money in the first place. Also we have been working for free the past week delivering pictures and orders. We are sorry for any loss of money on vouchers but we lost our jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 annabelle79

Girls you dont need to come on here and defend yourselves,
    People are just dissapointed that they have missed out on the shoots,

Well done on looking after the ppl who never got their pics.

Lots of ppl especially in retail have been in the same position as you and turned up for work one day and found out they have no job, its not fair, but it happens every day at the moment.

What did you do in the company, would you start up your own freelance business?

Does anyone know who the liquidator for the company is or how i go about finding out who is ?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Meg meg

Hi everyone ,
    My mum and her mum have vouchers for shoots at covergirl studios , both were purchased at Liffey Valley shopping center as Christmas presents and when we tried to call to book the shoots we got no answer . We tried for ages and then my mums mum went to their building to find out what the story was . After ages of knocking on the door the landlady answered to tell her the company had just up and left the other week without notice and she had no idea where they were or what was happening . There was also another lady and her daughter there at the studios who had their shoots booked and didn't know the company had gone bust .
    Now I just wanted to know what the next step is ? Is there any way of reclaiming the vouchers or somewhere or someone I can talk to about this ?:confused:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

As others have said, you could try to contact the liquidators, but my gut feeling is that you will probably get little back.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Meg meg

CabanSail wrote: »
    As others have said, you could try to contact the liquidators, but my gut feeling is that you will probably get little back.

Thanks , Yes I have a feeling its a lost cause at this stage . we'll see what we can do though . Its a shame people will lose out on their photo shoots and in these times the money is probably the greatest loss for most .

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

If you want a photo shoot then have a look through the photographers in the Services Offered thread which is a Sticky at the top of the page. You may end up getting a better result from one of the regulars here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Susan13

Hi al, just wanted to post to say I'm in a similar situation to a few posters here, bought 3 gift vouchers for photos shoots and was booked in for this saturday , rang today to make sure I had the time of the photo shoot right only to find the number didnt exist anymore! Am raging!! I would have been travelling from Connemara to Dublin on saturday only to find that they are not there anymore!!!!! Not even a call to say anything.... Thank God for small mercies I suppose in that I called and found out before I spent 60 quid on petrol too!! Its sickening to think so many people have been left empty handed. Will be far more cautious in future before parting with any money to companies like this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Charlo87

Hi i had a shoot done last year and i was looking to get copies of some of the photos, is this possible or are all the files gone? i went out to ballymount during the week and couldn't believe when i seen the place shut!!

• Advertisement

i paid for my 2 vouchers on my credit card and had a booking for the 23rd July 2011. As the place is gone i had contacted my credit card company about it. i got mine refunded on my credit card.

Advertisement