Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank of Ireland Merchant services for online business - what a joke!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Tony wrote: »
    Who said anything about hand holding? You were bitching (to use your term) about carrying out work filling out forms, its part of your job and the service your company provides is it not? I know customers can be difficult, I've been in retail since 94 but the rules still apply , customer is always right and you never win an arguement with a customer. Perhaps you find the idea of custumer service "retarded" to use your unfortunate description..

In the case of Elavon I can concur with the OP's view that they are unprofessional and arrogant. I signed up with BOI MS who were a joy to deal with, the present guys are amateurs.

I'd be interested to hear of any positive experiences guys here have with other merchant companies as I would like to change at the first opportunity.

It most certainly is not part of my job. I could delegate it off. However it might not get done with the speed that the customer expects. Customers are not always right, bowing down ensures that bad practices (like the one I mentioned) continue. There are other means where by the customer can help themselves that more often results in a win win suitation for everyone. I'll give another example to illustrate the point. The BOI don't print out statements over the counter anymore. If you want a statement you have options, either order it through an ATM machine, sign up for Business Online / 365 online or print it using a statement machine in branch. That is reasonable IMO. Customer Service is fine to a point but if people are forced to help themselves they will. It's not bad customer service to say NO. I have no problem with the Customer Service aspect to an organisation. It's unreasonable demands that annoy me and the expectation that I should drop everything because such and such wants something yesterday.

• Company Representative Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭TheCostumeShop.ie: Ronan

Jesus Stepbar careful incase you get in a ton of trouble for representing your company with personal opinions.

I have left a bank because they could not provide the services i require when other another bank could. I personally don't expect unrealistic lengths from the bank but sometimes when the form says you need a business plan for example my bank manager will explain to the services that there is no chance of that being shared but the relationship we've built up means that we still do business. Sometimes banks can be unreasonable not on purpose but simply by the systems in place not catering to the situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Kine

I can ring a bank in the uk and organise a loan over the phone without ever having stepped inside the bank or met one of their employees and the money can be in my account by close of business. Thats business! Not this cronyism that is entwined in this country.

Even though he's banned...

I do believe this is the main problem with banks over lending to people (not necesarily you...) who shouldn't be given money in the first place. Practices like this can cause a credit crunch...oh wait.... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

stepbar wrote: »
    Customer Service is fine to a point but if people are forced to help themselves they will.

They might help themselves by changing banks and you will be there ready with form in hand. Interesting that you use terms like "bowing down" and "forced" , its says a lot about how you feel towards customers.

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 dhf

Stepbar - are you for real - what are you doing in your job with BOI if you really dont enjoy it? Banking is all about checks and balances and ensuring the customer is recieving the upmost care and attention.

I am in the business for 30 years and to be honest if I could identify you at this very moment I would have you removed from the bank never to step foot in the door of a financial institution in this country again.

You are a disgrace to the banking system in Ireland and dont represent the majority of people we employ who are at this present time delighted to be employed and more willing than ever to get the job done whatever it takes.

If you are not satisfied with your current role - pack your bags and go because there are now 50 motivated and able people to replace ungrateful good for nothing people like you.

Money may be what we trade in but ALWAYS remember People are our business and without customers and staff we have no business.Then there is no money to trade with.

As another poster said to the effect " THE CUSTOMER IS ALwAYS RIGHT " even when they are wrong.

I feel sorry for the OP that started this as he is really suffering now because of the way he was treated, by NOW 2 members of the Bank.

As a matter of fact I would recommend that the Moderator ban Stepbar from this post before a full investigation is launched into his conduct and misrepresentation of The Bank. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Neiler21

dhf wrote: »
    Stepbar - are you for real - what are you doing in your job with BOI if you really dont enjoy it? Banking is all about checks and balances and ensuring the customer is recieving the upmost care and attention.

I am in the business for 30 years and to be honest if I could identify you at this very moment I would have you removed from the bank never to step foot in the door of a financial institution in this country again.

You are a disgrace to the banking system in Ireland and dont represent the majority of people we employ who are at this present time delighted to be employed and more willing than ever to get the job done whatever it takes.

If you are not satisfied with your current role - pack your bags and go because there are now 50 motivated and able people to replace ungrateful good for nothing people like you.

Money may be what we trade in but ALWAYS remember People are our business and without customers and staff we have no business.Then there is no money to trade with.

As another poster said to the effect " THE CUSTOMER IS ALwAYS RIGHT " even when they are wrong.

I feel sorry for the OP that started this as he is really suffering now because of the way he was treated, by NOW 2 members of the Bank.

As a matter of fact I would recommend that the Moderator ban Stepbar from this post before a full investigation is launched into his conduct and misrepresentation of The Bank. :mad:
    Great Post.

What an attitude, scary to think he is supposed to be helping you if you went into his bank! scary!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

dhf wrote: »

Cop yourself on bud :rolleyes: Your post is rediculus.
    dont represent the majority of people we employ who are at this present
    FFS get over yourself. Do you mention that line every time a public servant annoys you? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭sm.org

Banned for 2 weeks.

Jees, whats up with this place today....

I dont know how you can ban one and not the other especially considering the latters constant negativity and frankly bugger all useful contributions.

Advertisement