Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Kerry GAA Discussion Thread Mod Warning Post #4167

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 eolaire

I agree with blackbelt - thought Tommy Walsh put in a huge effort in the opening half - seemed to be looking for the ball constantly but he's still somewaht raw in terms of his use of possesion - will get better with time.

Reidy was flying up until the injury and Galvin's second half display was more in line of what I'd like to see from him. Saw some photos of the game on the senans site - http://www.stsenans.ie/photos.asp

If fit, would like to see Kennelly get a chance at midfield against Galway - havn't really seen him fielding much so far - but at half froward he's picking up a lot of the breaking ball, so that's good anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

I wonder though how many tricks up the sleeves by the managers will they reveal this week-end considering they could end up playing each other in the final shortly afterward. They will both want to keep something back :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭manster

True Kerry4Sam i expect us to lose against Galway and then play them in the final. There is a bit of grá agus meas there between the teams over the last few years. Added to the fact that we wouldn't meet them in the Championship until very late, we could bounce off eachother quite nicely.

Good hard hitting game on Sunday just what we needed also good to see Kerry move up a gear when they were 6 points down.

Impressed with Maher & Quirke, Quirke was 'massive' pulling down some great ball. Maher is coming along nicely and didn't seem out of depth.

Sheehan was poor, he's gone back so much so quickly in the last few years. Scanlon also (although to be fair it was his poorest league game so far). We need a free taker from the left, Gooch is fine from the right but he had an awful effort in the second half against Dublin.

Early days, but happy enough so far...

Jesus this thread is dying a death...my last post wasn't that off putting. Anyway, I thought there would be more life to it coming up to the meaningless Galway game on Sunday, but then again maybe that's why.

Anyway, quick question why is it that the dates and venues for the munster championship aren't out yet? Checked the Kerry gaa site, muster gaa site and the gaa site. All strangely absent...

Munster GAA Football Senior Championship

Quarter Finals
    TBC Tipperary v Limerick
    TBC Waterford v Cork

Semi Finals
    TBC Clare v Tipperary/Limerick
    TBC Kerry v Waterford/Cork

Final
    TBC

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Kerry will hammer Galway on Sunday.

Firstly they're at home,
    Secondly they'll want to lay down a marker and
    thirdly, Kerry are Galway's boogy team, -remember the league final two years ago.
    fourthly, Galway, good offence, defence, not so good. Don't think they have the tools to stop Kerry running up a big score.

Also, they haven't beaten us in the championship since 1972- the replay in 2000 was as close as they got.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Looking ahead, what do the Kerry lads think about their chances against Waterford in the semi and (probably) Tipp in the final? Both teams are doing excellent in the league, particurly the latter.

Warerford will be another 5 goal hammering as was dished out two years ago. It's terrible to see such one sided affaris.

Tipp had a very good U21 team about two years ago that are coming through but they don't have the phisicality to match Kerry really. They might look good for the first half of football or that but Kerrry are always dangerous just after the break under Jack O'Connor. They weren't as effective under Pat, but Jack targets that quarter.

We'll see - it seems like every 'smaller' Munster team in the football is making progress this year, it might be worth throwing some money on an upset in the Kerry-Tipp final. Unlikely, but still. ;)

Bridge too far for Tipp this year- their best hope is a good run in the qualifiers.

They beat some good teams in the league like Limerick but Kerry in the championship is a bridge too far this year tbh.

Kerry team V Galway for 12th April '09

Ger Reidy (Castleisland Desmonds) Rónán Ó Flatharta (An Ghaeltacht) ,Tom O'Sullivan (Rathmore) , Killian Young (Renard),Tomás Ó Sé (An Ghaeltacht) Aidan O'Mahony (Rathmore) Tommy Griffin (Dingle) ,Anthony Maher (Duagh), Michéal Quirke (Kerins O'Rahilly's),Paul Galvin (Finuge )
    Declan O'Sullivan (Piarsaigh Na Dromada) ,Donnacha Walsh (Cromane) (Captain) ,Colm Cooper (Dr. Crokes) ,Kieran Donaghy (Austin Stacks)
    Tommy Walsh (Kerins O'Rahillys)

Fir Ionad:Darran O'Sullivan (Glenbeigh/Glencar) Kieran Quirke (Duagh) David Moran (Kerins O'Rahilly's) Darragh Ó Sé (An Ghaeltacht)
    Seán O'Sullivan (Cromane) Tadhg Kennelly (Listowel Emmett's) Brian Moran (Kerins O'Rahilly's) Maurice Corridan (Finuge) Bryan Sheehan (St. Mary's)

Padraig Reidy & Diarmuid Murphy are added to the squads injury list

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

why is everyone saying its going to be a tipp-kerry munster final???:confused:

sure, cork and limerick have their fair chances at getting to a munster final as well!..

why is everyone saying its going to be a tipp-kerry munster final???:confused:

sure, cork and limerick have their fair chances at getting to a munster final as well!..

Fair point, I think Limerick might have an outside chance, but I'd be shocked if Tipp didn't beat them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

I read in some paper that there might be a strike at the entrance to the game tomorrow. If so, I wonder if the match will be on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 bomberpaddy

padocon wrote: »
    I read in some paper that there might be a strike at the entrance to the game tomorrow. If so, I wonder if the match will be on.

I heard the same on the radio there, the ****ers! I'm gonna make some tea and put it in a flask, bring a few biscuits with me and camp out in the car, they have to let us in eventually!

I heard the same on the radio there, the ****ers! I'm gonna make some tea and put it in a flask, bring a few biscuits with me and camp out in the, they have to let us in eventually!

Ha ha. I want to see that match! I hope they dont strike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭helpisontheway

I heard the same on the radio there, the ****ers! I'm gonna make some tea and put it in a flask, bring a few biscuits with me and camp out in the, they have to let us in eventually!

Its not a strike,its a protest.People will not be stopped going into the match.

Kerry a point up at HT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Now Kerry 2-7 to Galway 4 points according to Artel

With Derry five points up against Donegal, looks like a Kerry v Derry final

So Kerry will be playing Derry in the National League Final 2009. It will be a perfect match for the Kingdom so close to the championship. I just hope we will have all our players back at full health & fitness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Galway were shocking today. We clearly had no midfielders and it showed when Darren O'Sullivan came on and destroyed us.

A few shocking misses today too from Tommy Walsh and Kieran Donaghy :p

• Advertisement

Great win for the Kerry lads, really setting the standard this year. I would be shocked if they didn't walk Munster and the All-Ireland.

Ker were awesome today. The only downside was the traffic afterwards.

Kerry were pretty damn awesome today by all accounts...and to think that we still have a lot more in us for the league final is fantastic. We are a young team yet have some massive experience on the panel - real assets for the future.

Derry will put us to the test but for some reason I can still see us pull out all the stops on the day and win the League Final (our 1st county title for the year).

Anyone agree or disagree?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

happy, very happy infact with yesterdays game and the league in general. also glad that it is derry, losing to them in the league last year set the tone for a terrible run in finals. now, while the league is small fry, winning it would be superb and would go a small way in banising the memories of losing 3 finals last year.

add in an ireland schools on sat for Coláiste na Sceilge and its been a great few weeks for Kerry football.

any idea when the final is on? next sunday in parnell perhaps?

Division 1 League Final is provisionally fixed for Sunday 26th April. Venue TBC.

Jack O'Connor would like to see it played in Croker, but tbh I can't see this happening. More like Parnell Park again.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Anyone who was at the game care to comment on who played well? How did Micheál Quirke look?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

galvin had a great game, was wonderful to see him in full fettle. quirke did well also, interesting midfield combo.

gooch.... what can i say..... sublime

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

meant to add, tommy griffen had a fine game also. think he got MOTM.
    he got a great cheer when going off, matched only by the cheer Darragh got when coming on!

Some pictures I took at the game, if you would like to see them:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/padocon/3438979607/

• Advertisement

Kerry will hammer Galway on Sunday.

Firstly they're at home,
    Secondly they'll want to lay down a marker and
    thirdly, Kerry are Galway's boogy team, -remember the league final two years ago.
    fourthly, Galway, good offence, defence, not so good. Don't think they have the tools to stop Kerry running up a big score.

Also, they haven't beaten us in the championship since 1972- the replay in 2000 was as close as they got.

Ahem.
    They might look good for the first half of football or that but Kerrry are always dangerous just after the break under Jack O'Connor. They weren't as effective under Pat, but Jack targets that quarter.

Ahem Ahem

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement