Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is It Time To Protest And Walk Instead Of Talk ??

Options
  • 31-01-2009 5:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi All,
    things are not getting any better. More jobs and homes being lost week by week. Cost of living up and up. The government have not made a confident move as of yet. Talks of property tax, which will most likely be for all homes and not just the second homes. Taxes will be raised for all. On top of the decline of wages.
    No investigations as of yet of rouge bank officials or others. Which should be led by C.A.B. (as all tribunals should have been and not by barristers and solicitors). Nor I do not believe there will be any.
    I would class those bank officials in the same class as drug dealers. For they have ruined peoples life's taking there savings and pensions for a simple peaceful living and retirement.

So is it time to start having peaceful demonstrations ? Because my line of thought is that if the madness does not end soon there will be blood split on the streets before the summer is out with people loosing homes and more. Everything cannot be piled on the working people who are working or who lost there jobs for we have done no wrong !!

Jim

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭anladmór

i say wait for the beginning of may when the weather is good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

If you were to set up a website to organise a mass protest, like a general strike like they had in France this week, what would you call it???

www.wehavehadenough.ie

www.stopwreckingourcountry.ie

????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

What good would it do??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

What good would it do??

The only reason people haven't protested over this is because nobody has organised it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

It helps to check whether there's already a thread on the exact precise topic you want to discuss. This one is a few blips down the page as I type this, you may notice a slight similarity.

Locked.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement