Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

As teenagers...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Lol clash of the subcultures

Personally I find I identify most with post-nurave-indie

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

haha, i love genres. my favourite band of the moment apparently are classed as 'new wave of new wave', though for the most part im pre-britpop british indie stuff at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭norwegianwood

fonpokno wrote: »
    I disliked those sheep people too, they were awful. But with the musicians and poets and writers, I often didn't like them either. I'm a musician myself but I found I couldn't stand the pretention and snobbery that often surrounded those people. Take themselves too seriously and think the sun, moon and stars shine out of their posterior. Also those types that go "Oh my god you listen to <insert band here>, you have the worst taste in music". Spanners.

Yep, I so agree with that. There's this 'musician' lad in my class, and he's one of the most pretentious planks I've ever had the misfortune to meet.
    He never shuts up about his band 'oh yeah, me and my awsome band, myriad waves(yes, i'm serious, that's the name), we have a gig Friday night, so you should all, like, buy tickets'. this 'gig' usually entails playing at the local gaa hall for 5 minutes to an audience of 20 people! not that there's anything wrong with that, you have to start somewhere, but stop strutting around like Christ's first cousin!

/rant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

Yep, I so agree with that. There's this 'musician' lad in my class, and he's one of the most pretentious planks I've ever had the misfortune to meet.
    He never shuts up about his band 'oh yeah, me and my awsome band, myriad waves(yes, i'm serious, that's the name), we have a gig Friday night, so you should all, like, buy tickets'. this 'gig' usually entails playing at the local gaa hall for 5 minutes to an audience of 20 people! not that there's anything wrong with that, you have to start somewhere, but stop strutting around like Christ's first cousin!

/rant

Myriad ****ING Waves... Jesus

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

Similar to a lot of people here, I don't dislike teenagers in general, but I do hate the herd mentality which is prevalent in a lot of teenagers. What is especially annoying is when somebody is fine to talk to on their own, but once they're with their mates, act like complete d1ckheads to you. :mad:

Unfortunately, many people never grow out of the pack mentality. I know people now who just can't feel at ease unless there in a group of some kind. I don't get that, but then I've always liked my own company.

That said, Im still a teenager myself (just about!), and there are some really cool people I know that are teenagers. You can't generalise really, just like anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

cautioner wrote: »
    ... do any of you hate teenagers in general? Speaking as a teenager, I f*cking hate them. Just wondering.
    When you say teenager, what age group are you referring to.

Personally, I find anything under the age of about 15 to be stupid and annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭cautioner

Well, I'm 18 myself, when I said teenagers I was pretty much referring to "secondary school students"*, the vast majority of whom irritate me in one way or another.

*Excluding boards.ie users, naturally. I firmly believe that boards.ie users are the most delightful, exquisite, deeply amusing young people, like, EVAR

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

*Excluding boards.ie users, naturally. I firmly believe that boards.ie users are the most delightful, exquisite, deeply amusing young people, like, EVAR
    naturally

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭ANarcho-Munk

This thread is pretty much the reason why I hate teenagers.

Basically, people are different. That's all there is to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

we're all awful

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

We're all unique, just like everyone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

"You don't need to follow me. You don't need to follow anybody! You've got to think for yourselves. You're all individuals! "

"Yes, we're all individuals!"

"You're all different!"

"Yes, we are all different!"

"I'm not."

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

I think everyone who isn't me is a bellend, including everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Which teenage age-group are we talking about? Pre-junior cert teens? Pre-leaving cert teens? or College type teens?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

What's the difference?:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

Well its hard for me to say tbh,being a teenager and all that!!but sometimes in school i just kind of step back and think why are these people so ridiculous?I hate all the oh im hard and il prove it by fighting and smoking and mitching and talking back to teachers on front of girls...:rolleyes:

seems to happen a lot in my school

Your school sounds horrible man :eek:

Your school sounds horrible man :eek:
    Yeah it is!!A lad by the name of Kennedy runs amok in the place!!

Sadistic Prefect? Yeah I've heard of him actually, running around giving out shít to TYs and the likes... bad bastard.

He rules the lunch line with an iron fist!!..Im sick of his oppression...actually tomorrow im gonna go Che Guevara on his ass!!
    Thanks for inspiring me to kick his head in Cautioner!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

"You don't need to follow me. You don't need to follow anybody! You've got to think for yourselves. You're all individuals! "

"Yes, we're all individuals!"

"You're all different!"

"Yes, we are all different!"

"I'm not."

My History of Education lecturer quoted this last Thursday/Friday (I can't remember which day...)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

As an adult of 18 years, I bloody hate teenagers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭IsMiseConor

I think when people say they hate teenagers they should say what age group they are refering to. IMO there is big differance in say matureness between a 13 year old and an 18 year old. So everybody who says they hate teenagers hates every person between the ages of 13 and 21 in Ireland?
    Personally I don't hate them, except the really annoying ones who always try to get attention in class and try to be funny all the time.

But then again I'm only 14 so I don't really know what 5th or 6th years are like in school.

Oh and I'm pretty sure this forum is just for teenagers, so I just presume you all hate yourself, no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Well, I suppose the question is really whether you hate the general behaviour of the majority of your peers, as opposed to all teenagers.

Welcome to the forum btw :)

As if none of you will be upset when you turn 20. I personally will never turn 20. Twenteen perhaps.

Ha ha, twenteen. I was at a twenteenth party last night, there was denial all over the place :)

Point proven.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

Well its hard for me to say tbh,being a teenager and all that!!but sometimes in school i just kind of step back and think why are these people so ridiculous?I hate all the oh im hard and il prove it by fighting and smoking and mitching and talking back to teachers on front of girls...:rolleyes:

seems to happen a lot in my school
    fixed it for ya

What the hell is up with girls freaking out that they're turning 20... I don't get it. Everyone wants to be 20.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

I don't want to be 20. I'm 20 in may and I'd rather it just didn't happen. Once I turn 20 I'm officially an adult and will have to accept like responsibility and stuff...

Not cool man. Not cool.

Advertisement