Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Trivial]Tiny bit of help please.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

He was a re-reg, or so I believe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Daithi McGee

seamus wrote: »
    He was a re-reg, or so I believe.

Jaysus, Mary and a sofa, I wouldn't have thought it was you!

Had a look through the posts earlier Smooze and I have to say I can't see where the re reg thing is at tbh. You don't see many of them smelly re reg types helping out in PI for a start, usually some "witty" name and then some inane crap on AH, unless they are that dbc plonker.

Looks genuine enough to me and though poor choice of name, which is the admins fault really, I can't see why you'd be banning the ass off some one for a simple post in feedback? Even the style of the feed back post Header and content is non troll like. I don't want to be seen as a pain in the hole but I have issues with injustice ever since the took Papa away for a few months during the whole interment thing back in the Day. :mad:

So if I do decide to plead his case else where don't be taking it personal! I think you're a great chap Smooze and an asset to the site.

Twasn't me who banned him, but the kind words are appreciated. :)

I'm evidently far easier on re-reger's ;) but I'm sure the admin who banned him had his reasons.

Twasn't me who banned him, but the kind words are appreciated. :)

I'm evidently far easier on re-reger's ;) but I'm sure the admin who banned him had his reasons.

I hear what you are saying Smooze, all bar the bloody admins name I might add, but sure we shall see how things pan out. Can't help but look at poor newbie .boards.ie and feel the heart string being twanged :o especially when you have characters like http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=206909 running amok!

At the end of the day it matters not who pulled the trigger on poor orphan like .boards.ie. but the issue of the injustice itself.

You're welcome by the way :) and thanks for at least replying!

"A man has to do what a man has to do" by someone.

One thought the .boards.ie. thing was an injustice that Amnesty would be proud to add to their agenda but after reading this thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055474770 it is easy to say that things have lost their way.

Protectionism is now rife.

From my reading of boards history, god bless the biki and Google, there seemed to be a time when there were rules on boards and if you broke those rules you were punished.

Now it seems that there are rules but the administration arm of boards.ie will bend those rules as they see fit.

First we have a mod that goes slightly mental. Amp, and breaks a lot of rules but, hey it's Amp so it is ok.

Nice. But understandable.

Then boards.ie bans a new member for a bad user name. Something that the Admins are to blame for because they know well that they can add filters for new user names. Unless it was CuLT who is still on a learning curve tbh. Maybe add "boards" to it? Rather than tell the chap or chap'ess that it is easier to ban them and think no more of it. What about http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=142858 Not banned? were is the simple rule to follow? Should boardsie08 now be banned? Or should .boards.ie. be unbanned?

I am sure they are a person to.

Now a long time member has a reasonable issue and the rules are bent once again to back up the administration of the site rather than just say OK you are right.

You would all really want to debate that a bit more, possibly on the mod board, or on the admin board but check no mods have accidental access like ftb etc, before you all have nothing left to administrate bar the hardcore disciples/sheep.[/COLOR]

I was going to open a care factory but the bank wouldn't give me a loan :(

• Advertisement

Now a long time member has a reasonable issue and the rules are bent once again to back up the administration of the site rather than just say OK you are right.
    But he's not. So how does that work?

The only reason amp didn't get a siteban is the same reason you haven't gotten one.

If it was a permanent ban from AH or a siteban, I'd say it was over the top, but the meaning of his statement and his attitude were clear.

But he's not. So how does that work?

The only reason amp didn't get a siteban is the same reason you haven't gotten one.

:eek:

Don't be comparing that lovable, yet rule breaking, mentalist to me! I am a law abiding citizen of this site.

I tasted the wrath of the perma ban hammer weilded by none other than the mighty DeV! Though he did hit the wrong buttons and vapourised no less my original account. Ever been vapourised Smooze? Not nice :( One minute you exist and next there is just a faint outline where you user name once was. Look! http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=56512377&postcount=15

Then for good good measure I come back on to explain the error of things and DeV give the OK being the gent he is and then Beruthiel decideds to stamp on my little head! Permabanhammered...agin!
    I did small bit of time in the clink Smooze! Not the best of starts by anyones standards.

Yet it was my time in there and the leniency shown that still gives me heart that one day we can all make that little difference that can makes things better even if lots of people keep giving me grief and calling me bubbles and lasers pew pew. Some weirdos even call me a mercenary! Like WTF tbh! :confused:

But I shall leave it be now. Who knows what potential user .boards.ie could have had. Could have been the Obama of boards one day. MIT qualified forklift driving genius for all we will ever know. Might even have made Smod.

Like the rest of you all I suppose I should just not care or care less to be more apt.

Laters Smooze. Your time is valuable and best spent elsewhere on the site. Hope you have a good weekend!

Advertisement