Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Old' V's 'New' no holds barred debate/arguement thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

seannash wrote: »
    just to make another point.yes the technology was probably more basic that what a "twat" like me has available right now.
    so recognising this how can you still claim that the people with a very basic technology set up are creating better tracks than todays producers.
    doesnt make any sense especially when you take it at the highest level with the very best producers using t
    he latest technology and past technology to make tracks

i never claimed they were better than today's? whats better is totally subjective?

You come off it.

Do you really think that he makes tracks so he can look down on others?You really believe that he doesn't make music because he enjoys it?If someone made music as a career, i doubt they'd get very far without loving their own tracks

did i state that he makes tracks in order to look down on others?

try reading the posts carefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

lads chill the bean ffs.
    ntlbell seems have real issues with me. I never thought I'd say this but can we talk about 'old school' music now?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Bring back Rhythm is a Dancer!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Just thought I'd post the link to jtsuiteds theory on how somebodys musical taste is directly linked to their intelligence. :rolleyes:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055429918&highlight=funky+house&page=10

Also I like to do a bit of **** stirring.
    All in jest. :)
    thats not the thread im talking about.he started another thread about it explaining his opinions.
    in another related note id like to say
    GO THREAD GO!!!:D

• Advertisement

thats not the thread im talking about.he started another thread about it explaining his opinions.
    in another related note id like to say
    GO THREAD GO!!!:D

all the thread did was deconstruct a song of JT's choosing it in no way proves that IQ musical or other wise has any infulence on people's choice of music.

it went a bit like this

IQ/intelligence has nothing to do with taste in music

JT: yes it does

no it doesn't

prove it

JT: here's a a tune and let me tell you how each bit was made my point is now proven

no it's not....

game over.

jtsuited wrote: »
    lads chill the bean ffs.
    ntlbell seems have real issues with me. I never thought I'd say this but can we talk about 'old school' music now?

not at all your just a wanker and thanks to kev i can say it without a baning.

but if these threads were on every forum you can pretty sure there'd be a lot of **** getting in the neck.

including me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

/snip

Just read the first post properly... You're a bunch of cheesedick wanksocks!!!

ntlbell wrote: »
    all the thread did was deconstruct a song of JT's choosing it in no way proves that IQ musical or other wise has any infulence on people's choice of music.

it went a bit like this

IQ/intelligence has nothing to do with taste in music

no it doesn't

prove it

JT: here's a a tune and let me tell you how each bit was made my point is now proven

no it's not....

game over.
    he started the thread to show what an intelligent track consisted of.it is more likely to appeal to a more intellignet clientle.
    he was showing how funky house was full of predictible arrangments and elements as opposed to other tracks.
    some people appreciate people doing different stuff with tracks and not sticking to the formula and these more "intelligent tracks" appeal more to certain demographic(not going to say smart people)
    i guess you just missed the whole point of it but other people didnt

he started the thread to show what an intelligent track consisted of.it is more likely to appeal to a more intellignet clientle.
    he was showing how funky house was full of predictible arrangments and elements as opposed to other tracks.
    some people appreciate people doing different stuff with tracks and not sticking to the formula and these more "intelligent tracks" appeal more to certain demographic(not going to say smart people)
    i guess you just missed the whole point of it but other people didnt

no i didn't miss the point I just don't think it holds any weight.

again watch the following very closely.

people enjoy music that they enjoy if it sounds good/fields good/"moves them" etc they will enjoy it...

now if a song is very technical but sucks it doesn't matter how much technical know how and how creative the song was people won't like it but the difference is if it's a very well made technical track people who enjoy technical music may give the song some form of merit for the work that went into making the track but that doesn't mean people are less musically intelligent will like it or not

it gets back to my whole point on not being able to control the music you like the only thing you can control is what you listen to.

so you can sit back and admire the tune like a lot of people who don't like dnb they admire the tehcnical/musical ability that goes into a good dnb track but the music does nothing for them, this is not beucase there too stupid to work out what music is good and bad it just doesn't do anything for them

now if you take pop music/cheesy dance etc you can show how predictable it is like a eurovision shong catchy big bridge etc but very few people who put these songs down are capable of creating one

so it maybe simple it may hit a wide range of an audince it maybe a technically bad song but it moves millions of peoples

there for him destructing a song showing how technical was it pretty pointless of people from all sides of the musical spectrum think it's crap and it sounds crap

so to clear it up musical IQ levels have no baring on the music that you will truly enjoy.

again JT talking through his backside and you licking up the brown stuff behind him...

• Advertisement

again JT talking through his backside and you licking up the brown stuff behind him...
    cool man by the way its feels good not "fields good"
    check your post

cool man by the way its feels good not "fields good"
    check your post

If you want to answer one of my posts and counter act any of the points please do so, but you're posts are constantly full of poor spelling and horrible punctuation so please do me a favour and don't point out mine or we'll both have nothing to say bar how bad each others post are spelling wise

if you have nothing to say, say nothing.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

All yizzer know-all-atitudes and fcked-up-notions about yer-selves, think yiz fckin know it all, pack a bleedin pricks, I'll knock the bollix out the lot of yiz.. ya hear me? what are ya looking at ya bleedin poo-jabbin sap?

Gwan with yer knack-bag trance and yizzer snobby-minimal techno and girly-house-ass-music, yiz havent a bleedin clue any of yiz... punch the fkcin head off ya i will.

Yeah yeah fckin YEAH!!!

Disclaimer - above track represents an example of a tune I feel suits the caption, this in no way fits with my normal music listening habits.

wnkers.

Felixdhc wrote: »
    All yizzer know-all-atitudes and fcked-up-notions about yer-selves, think yiz fckin know it all, pack a bleedin pricks, I'll knock the bollix out the lot of yiz.. ya hear me? what are ya looking at ya bleedin poo-jabbin sap?

Gwan with yer knack-bag trance and yizzer snobby-minimal techno and girly-house-ass-music, yiz havent a bleedin clue any of yiz... punch the fkcin head off ya i will.

Yeah yeah fckin YEAH!!!

wnkers.

tbh feliz that track technically is a shambles you should be ashamed of yourself as roy keane would say your sitting there listening to your yea yea bo||ox eating your prawn sandwhich when ye haven't a clue what's going on the dance floor. i'd like to put forward something that has a much more technical foundation but yet should still appeal to the braind dead massive

and when any one of you muscailly snobby **** sacks come up with anything as good as the above

holla my dumb ass.

peace out

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

tbh feliz that track technically is a shambles you should be ashamed of yourself as roy keane would say your sitting there listening to your yea yea bo||ox eating your prawn sandwhich when ye haven't a clue what's going on the dance floor. i'd like to put forward something that has a much more technical foundation but yet should still appeal to the braind dead massive

and when any one of you muscailly snobby **** sacks come up with anything as good as the above

holla my dumb ass.

peace out

lol. just lol.

jtsuited wrote: »
    lol. just lol.

well come on genius...

you're far too smart for "lol"

lets hear something...

Overdose...

that's not really fair you know how to push all my buttons :P

that's not really fair you know how to push all my buttons :P

Its a great track from a spectacular album... just thinking back to your Plastikman thread a while back and you were looking for other recommends - FUSE is certainly one if I didn't mention then. Also part of the Warp Artificial Intelligence series.

http://www.discogs.com/FUSE-Dimension-Intrusion/release/554

Its a great track from a spectacular album... just thinking back to your Plastikman thread a while back and you were looking for other recommends - FUSE is certainly one if I didn't mention then. Also part of the Warp Artificial Intelligence series.

http://www.discogs.com/FUSE-Dimension-Intrusion/release/554

Yup have it

this is a great little track of it but substance abuse would be a favourite

• Advertisement

Its a brilliant album, start to finish and nicely varied too.

Another I have been playing the sh*t out of lately is Spacetime Continuum.

actually felix have you heard that black dog proudctions ? i think it's part of the warp set

great song from it

Have I wha? The Black Dog for me are the absolute dogs (pardon the pun!). Honestly, there are few acts for me that I can listen to several times a week other than them.

An often overlooked album is 'Trainer' by Plaid. Its really a collection of early tracks by Balil etc and much more like the early Black Dog sound. It's not rated as highly on the likes of Discogs, I can only assume that folk who prefer the more pure Plaid sound don't warm to this as much due to its early IDM, techno sounding roots. Anyway, if you don't have it, buy it...

http://www.discogs.com/Plaid-Trainer/release/3661

And back to The Black Dog - buy everything they have done, no exceptions.

This is most definitely one of my all time favourite tracks from then...

Have I wha? The Black Dog for me are the absolute dogs (pardon the pun!). Honestly, there are few acts for me that I can listen to several times a week other than them.

An often overlooked album is 'Trainer' by Plaid. Its really a collection of early tracks by Balil etc and much more like the early Black Dog sound. It's not rated as highly on the likes of Discogs, I can only assume that folk who prefer the more pure Plaid sound don't warm to this as much due to its early IDM, techno sounding roots. Anyway, if you don't have it, buy it...

http://www.discogs.com/Plaid-Trainer/release/3661

And back to The Black Dog - buy everything they have done, no exceptions.

This is most definitely one of my all time favourite tracks from then...

yup I was trying to find a plaid track i love on you tube but couldn't see it

object orient it's on the same black dog productions album as my preiovus post amazing track

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Dan Sanchez

Im throwing this in here in the name of oldskool
    http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=FDotIIJTWWk

Felix your Yeah yeah fckin YEAH!!! post was probably a wind up but good anyway.
    ntlball that tune you put up was nice, what ye think about 'The Dream'? I only got put onto it again after not hearing it for years. Used to have it rockin'.

If you want to answer one of my posts and counter act any of the points please do so, but you're posts are constantly full of poor spelling and horrible punctuation so please do me a favour and don't point out mine or we'll both have nothing to say bar how bad each others post are spelling wise

if you have nothing to say, say nothing.

nah man i had to step out and didnt have time to type down a huge answer.
    yeah im not too bothered about punctuation and my spelling might be questionable but i think i understand the difference between field and feel.
    but thats not the point
    im gonna get back on my hight horse and say please dont use that patronising tone with me when your going to talk about music with me.i may not be the most musical person out there but im pretty sure ive got more musical knowlege than yourself so dont try and lecture me.
    your opinion jtsuiteds thread doesnt hold any weight but for me it does.
    of course people can like unintelligent music but it was all derived from some peoples comments about minimal being boring and dull.he then said that some people dont get it and are only interested in the big bright in your face music.
    yes theres technically brilliant but dull tracks out there but theres also fantastic and very technical tracks out there(a point you seem to leave out)
    for me its the little things in a track that excite me,things alot of people wont even notice so i for one appreciate those little elements and touches.
    in the track analysis thread there was no one who commented with any negativity.some people were very interested in it.if you had an issue with it you should have voiced it then.
    now regarding calling me names on the internet,go right ahead.im not too bothered really what you think of me.
    i didnt even look at the song you posted but you had nothing to do with its creation so why are you telling us to get back to you when weve made better tracks.its like me telling you to get back to me in a football thread whenever youve started playing in the premiership.
    now lets hear some insults before i head out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Dan Sanchez

This thread should have been put up in the Summer so there could have been an outdoor rave in a field somewhere with a boards.ie battle to the death of the DJs but then I saw ntlbells post an hour ago. Lolz. (post no. 9)
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055476581

nah man i had to step out and didnt have time to type down a huge answer.
    yeah im not too bothered about punctuation and my spelling might be questionable but i think i understand the difference between field and feel.
    but thats not the point

yet you don't see the difference between high and height good man:rolleyes:
    im gonna get back on my hight horse and say please dont use that patronising tone with me when your going to talk about music with me.i may not be the most musical person out there but im pretty sure ive got more musical knowlege than yourself so dont try and lecture me.

You now want to claim you have more musical knowledge than I when you have nothing to base it on, know nothing about my musical knowledge or lack there of? do you see why you're nothing but JT's anal cleaner here? what a moron.
    your opinion jtsuiteds thread doesnt hold any weight but for me it does.
    of course people can like unintelligent music but it was all derived from some peoples comments about minimal being boring and dull.he then said that some people dont get it and are only interested in the big bright in your face music.
    yes theres technically brilliant but dull tracks out there but theres also fantastic and very technical tracks out there(a point you seem to leave out)

here you continue to show you're nothing but a clueless idiot who can't even follow a simple thread and claim more musical knowledge when you continue to show post after post you can't even read.

if people find minimal technical boring then that's it there is no argument to make here some people find all genre's of dance music boring, this is not some lack of musical intelligence that's just the way it is. most people i know hate all forms of dance music from drummers to guitarist's there lack of musical knowledge doesn't come into it, they just find it boring this doesn't mean they're stupid try and wrap your small little mind around these simple facts.
    for me its the little things in a track that excite me,things alot of people wont even notice so i for one appreciate those little elements and touches.
    in the track analysis thread there was no one who commented with any negativity.some people were very interested in it.if you had an issue with it you should have voiced it then.

exactly FOR YOU but if people can hear or don't hear those elements this doesn't mean they're stupid they don't need to do a course in computer music to "get it" if they did then surley the track has failed?

it doesn't matter if they're intrested in it or not the point of it was to prove musical intelligence it didn't as a thread for it's intention it failed regardless if it was interesting or not and if you removed your mongo head from JT's arsehole for 5 minitued you would understand this but you continue to fail at this not even JT himself is defending the thread proved his point why are you? because you want to touch his willy....
    now regarding calling me names on the internet,go right ahead.im not too bothered really what you think of me.
    i didnt even look at the song you posted but you had nothing to do with its creation so why are you telling us to get back to you when weve made better tracks.its like me telling you to get back to me in a football thread whenever youve started playing in the premiership.
    now lets hear some insults before i head out.

again your little one way small minded braincell got confused, it was a poke at felix with an added football joke to prove i was joking but i don't expect a socially retarded arse licking moron to get subtly never mind the blindingly obvious

if i was JT and wanted to try and base my arguments on intelligence the last thing i would want is a little clueless runt like yourself following up my posts in agreement

great response mate,any other insults youd like to sling my way.
    i really am baffled by your logic,especially when quoting my posts and claiming i cant follow a thread.i explained where the post was derived from,hence the reference to people finding minimal boring.
    in reference to the point i made about the little things i like in tracks i was saying that its more common to find these touches in the likes of minimal music and not in funky house.i didnt mention anything about intelligence in the post quoted.the thread was about intelligent dance music and a given example of it.intelligent in its construction.
    as for the post where you were poking fun at felix i was talking about the part when you said

holla my dumb ass.
    so that was poking fun at felix right?apparantly your not too good at following threads yourself.
    i must say though i cant wait to hear some more of your insults regarding me being up jtsuiteds asshole.riveting stuff altogether.
    maybe next youll follow it up with a my dad can beat up your dad comment.
    again i say
    go thread go!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

again i would love to continue this conversation but i can't read what you just posted and I have no idea what your talking about.

i got something about felix, it's a football quote from a famous irish footballer...

see? no offence or taken the piss of felix was mentioned. I have a lot of respect for felix based on his controubution to the forum.

unlike you your just a **** echo.

Advertisement