Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

24 300ml Bottles Grolsch €12.99 in Dunnes

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 scooby the dog

on another issue re.. sell by date /an old neighbour of mine found a can of heinz potato salad ( small can )when cleaning out a press ,,the lid was all rusty and the best before date was 11 years earlier no bull **** it was perfect ,, he,s still alive and so am i

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

Got the 20 300cl bottles for 9.99 in Dunnes childers rd, Limerick tonite, date was still feb 28, was 2 grungy students in front loading a trolly with 10 cases, oh how we laughed, the lads were sound, 200 btls for 100 yoyos, was bout 10 cases left....:thum:

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭twenty8

Does anyone know if they are the flip top bottles or if they are normal capped ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

Normal capped...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

Anybody have problems opening these ?
    Seems to me , at least 2 in every case the top comes of the bottle comes off as well as the cap. Then I'm left wondering did any of the glass fall back into the bottle....

maybe i don't know my own strength. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭karlyk1

Picked up 2 boxes of Grolsh (feb 28th exp. Date) 2 weeks ago in Dunnes. Don’t know if it’s just my batch, but there’s quite a lot of sediment in them – maybe that’s also why they’re so cheap? You don’t notice it so much if the bottle is left standing up in the fridge, but if you leave them on their side for an hour or so you will see it collect on the side of the bottle. Only a small issue, as it’s no harm and perfectly safe (I remember sediment well from my studenty home brew days) it just looks a bit dodgy. As I say, maybe it was just my batch. Didn’t stop me from drinking them! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Anybody have problems opening these ?
    Seems to me , at least 2 in every case the top comes of the bottle comes off as well as the cap. Then I'm left wondering did any of the glass fall back into the bottle....

maybe i don't know my own strength. :D
    this was happening me before, almost complained to the company, then copped... its the bottle opener ur using, and the tightly sealed caps, ur literally pulling the top off the bottle by catchin under the glass instead of the cap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

probably too eager for the golden nectar inside....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Got it 2 weeks ago and I never noticed any sediment, bloody nice drink too, shame I can't find the deal any more, or Grolsch for that matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

probably too eager for the golden nectar inside....
    The irony of your username isnt lost on me either :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

Got a case of that Grolsh today in the Dunnes in Blanchardstown
    Its out of date on Feb 28 but tastes good now !!
    50c a bottle, its a sin to leave it there

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

These back out on the shelves again anywhere folks?

- If they were the swing-tops I'd be tempted to hand in my notice.......

Advertisement